Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Passive. (Elemental Frames?)

Okay so most of the passives I like are pretty cool, Some are ehh & others I completely dont understand. One of them I really liked (other than Vauban armor sharing passive) is Embers. If Ember get a fire proc then she gains more energy & power strength. So which made me think. How come elemental frames doesnt have this as a + passive ability? Frost, Sayrn,Oberon, Volt could also benefit from this if got hit with there respective element. 

Thoughts?

It'd be cool to get some kind of benefit from being hit with a proc (or being able to apply the proc to yourself to trigger the benefit), and Oberon could definitely use it since they just gave him a stupidly situational augment with the intention of giving him an even more stupidly situational passive.

I've always been a fan of concepts like that- Immolation in Dark Souls 2 and Dragon's Dogma (set yourself on fire to damage enemies) was always a concept I liked just for amusement's sake.

1 minute ago, Camelslayer said:

It'd be cool to get some kind of benefit from being hit with a proc (or being able to apply the proc to yourself to trigger the benefit), and Oberon could definitely use it since they just gave him a stupidly situational augment with the intention of giving him an even more stupidly situational passive.

I've always been a fan of concepts like that- Immolation in Dark Souls 2 and Dragon's Dogma (set yourself on fire to damage enemies) was always a concept I liked just for amusement's sake.

Yeah I really didnt like Oberon's passive. I much rather have the photosynthesis idea but I also dont like frames having other frames ability as a passive. Oberon photosynthesis = Mirage. Nyx disarm passive = Loki. But it still could be nice nontheless.

The ember passive is cool since it makes sense.  Is like burning a fire bender, yeah not very effective. But I would like that all elemental frames to have some sort of resistance ( if not complete imunity tho I think it would be broken this way ) to the element they use. Also for Frost's shield to not be reduced by extremely low temp in certain missions.

4 hours ago, Voidforged said:

I main ember and am quiet disappointed by her announced passive. In any quest that matters, if you're fire proc'd, you're dead. She's not exactly a tank.

going off the info we have

yeah, this would pretty much be it

not a fan

12 hours ago, Voidforged said:

I main ember and am quiet disappointed by her announced passive. In any quest that matters, if you're fire proc'd, you're dead. She's not exactly a tank.

I just realized she gets no kind of resistance from fire. So if your low on health & get that proc. You'll just get more energy & power strength. But you'll still go down. 

18 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

One of them I really liked (other than Vauban armor sharing passive) is Embers. If Ember get a fire proc then she gains more energy & power strength. So which made me think. How come elemental frames doesnt have this as a + passive ability? Frost, Sayrn,Oberon, Volt could also benefit from this if got hit with there respective element. 

Thoughts?

I don't think you really understand how this works. It's not when you proc, but when an enemy gets a fire proc on you. There are only very few enemies with fire damage in the game, and pretty much all of them do very high damage.

So in a nutshell with Ember, this passive will not do anything most of the time, and in the rare cases that it actually triggers, you likely go down, rendering the effect useless, because Ember is not good at taking damage. It's a really bad passive.

We totally need Borderlands 2 Hellborn Krieg in Warframe.It wouldn't work with Ember since, as people already said, getting fire-procced and becoming a toast is pretty much the same thing for squishy frames.

28 minutes ago, tutzdes said:

We totally need Borderlands 2 Hellborn Krieg in Warframe.It wouldn't work with Ember since, as people already said, getting fire-procced and becoming a toast is pretty much the same thing for squishy frames.

Could always add to her passive, make her highly resistant to the damage of fire procs.