Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which one is the host ?

mojo7974

Question

which one is the host and need to have a good connection so the others don't lag, is he the player who invites the squad or the player who starts the mission , like for example if some one invited me in a squad for a void mission and i used my key to start the mission or if it was a normal mission from a random node and i selected it and started the vote , so am i the host because i started the mission or is he the host because he invited us all? ( basically who is the one who needs to have a strong fast connection so the others don't lag )

thanks for the answers in advance :) 

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

The host is:

- the person who invites player 2
- numbered 1 in-game

It does not matter who picks the mission.

so the one who invites the rest need to have a strong connection or the rest will lag , got it .

thanks for the clear answer :)

Just now, mojo7974 said:

so the one who invites the rest need to have a strong connection or the rest will lag , got it .

If host has bad connection, chances are a host migration will commence, giving host privileges to a better host.

Sometimes buggy though, that function.

38 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

The host is:

- the person who invites player 2
- numbered 1 in-game

It does not matter who picks the mission.

You know you're host when most of the agro is on you.

You know you're host when you're arcanes finally proc.

On 15/05/2016 at 11:08 AM, mojo7974 said:

People already answered you enough but I'd like to add that Void has a detail there too.

When running void there's the Squad host (numbered 1 ingame waypoint) and there's the Key Host, which can be any of the 4 players.

If the Squad host disconnects, a Host Migration occours, keeping as much people together as possible. While that in the void, if the Key Host disconnects, everyone fails the mission because the Key connection was lost.

On 6/5/2016 at 2:45 PM, Manyc said:

People already answered you enough but I'd like to add that Void has a detail there too.

When running void there's the Squad host (numbered 1 ingame waypoint) and there's the Key Host, which can be any of the 4 players.

If the Squad host disconnects, a Host Migration occours, keeping as much people together as possible. While that in the void, if the Key Host disconnects, everyone fails the mission because the Key connection was lost.

thank you for the info :)