Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taking too long loading into a mission

Luicasas1

Question

It takes too much time to enter a mission, around 3 mimutes. Whenever I try to play, takes too long and when it finally loads the mission is either almost finished or finished. Before all this new updates it took me like almost nothing to load, I could play normally without any problems. It's really annoying, since I'm trying to play Draco I usually play as an important role in it. When I finally join I see how it almost ended and my squad members couldn't  play normally.

Edited by Luicasas1

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Luicasas1 said:

Nevermind, yeah must be a connection problem. Any solution?

Typically? Security software. Occasionally when programs update they change enough that existing "rules" no longer get applied and are considered "new" and more strictly controlled.

Make sure the program runs as admin, if that doesn't do it make it an exception in your security software and/or firewall. If there are rules, remove them and add them in again in case of existing rule being corrupted. As a last resort disabling the security software completely. 

At least that is what I would start with.

If your squad were able to run the mission and get to the end without you, it would seem that the problem is specific to you.

To me it sounds like whenever I join a mission where the host is in Russia - for some reason the connection is always terrible.

Are you having the same loading issues when you run stuff solo?

8 minutes ago, Arezael said:

If your squad were able to run the mission and get to the end without you, it would seem that the problem is specific to you.

To me it sounds like whenever I join a mission where the host is in Russia - for some reason the connection is always terrible.

Are you having the same loading issues when you run stuff solo?

It's 50% faster. But I don't think it's a connection problem.

It could be something blocking certain ports so the connection is having to retry repeatedly. So establishing the connection to the host takes forever but runs fine once connected.

In short it is the very definition of a connection problem. That you are the only one taking that long would point to the issue with your computer or router, as pointed out before.

Edited by Wopel