The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe Memory Leak

DegeneReaper

So I'm having a strange memory leak issue with Warframe lately and I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if this is a currently known issue for anyone else. Lately I've only been playing Draco but after 1-2 matches my system maxes out RAM usage. Here's a screenshot as proof:

noL6yeU.png

As you can see my Warframe's current working memory was 12GB of RAM - which is clearly an absurd amount of RAM to be using so the most I can figure is there's some kind of memory leak bug from the recent updates. As I said before, the only thing I've been doing is running simple Draco missions so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is. I have a total of 16GB of RAM, and if any of my system specs or diagnostics are needed let me know.

Also if anyone else is having this problem it'd be nice to know so I can know that it's not just my system specifically. Thanks.

9 hours ago, projectrallus said:

What's your graphics card and OS? Also before the memory leak starts up how is your performance? Are you experiencing dips in your FPS?

ASUS Gtx 660

Windows 7

And my dps doesn't dip until I'm just out of memory. It has nothing to do with my graphics card. It's clearly a memory leak.

16 hours ago, TheReaper9456 said:

I have a total of 16GB of RAM, and if any of my system specs or diagnostics are needed let me know.

Is there any chance you could submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log and DxDiag? This will help us find out what is exactly going on in the engine when you see this 12gb of RAM being used. (For best results please send an EE.log that was taken immediately after the leak has occurred)

Info on how to find your EE.log/DxDiag can be found here.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

23 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Is there any chance you could submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log and DxDiag? This will help us find out what is exactly going on in the engine when you see this 12gb of RAM being used. (For best results please send an EE.log that was taken immediately after the leak has occurred)

Info on how to find your EE.log/DxDiag can be found here.

Just sent the ticket with the logs now.

18 minutes ago, TheReaper9456 said:

Just sent the ticket with the logs now.

Got it. Do you happen to remember how much memory Warframe was taking up for this EE.log?
- As a side note, I notice in your DxDiag that your GPU drivers are a few weeks old. It might not hurt to update to the 365.19 WHQL drivers. They seem fairly stable so far.

Just now, [DE]Dmitri said:

Got it. Do you happen to remember how much memory Warframe was taking up for this EE.log?
- As a side note, I notice in your DxDiag that your GPU drivers are a few weeks old. It might not hurt to update to the 365.19 WHQL drivers. They seem fairly stable so far.

This should be the same EE.log for the time when I was running at 12GB out of 16GB as shown in the screenshot in my OP. In the EE.log it says the current time was about 9:01pm and I made this thread the same day at 9:42pm so I think this is the correct log.

And yeah I'll go ahead and update my GPU drivers. Not sure why they didn't prompt me to update earlier. 

13 minutes ago, TheReaper9456 said:

This should be the same EE.log for the time when I was running at 12GB out of 16GB as shown in the screenshot in my OP. In the EE.log it says the current time was about 9:01pm and I made this thread the same day at 9:42pm so I think this is the correct log.

And yeah I'll go ahead and update my GPU drivers. Not sure why they didn't prompt me to update earlier. 

Once you've updated your Nvidia drivers can you try disabling Nviida PhysX Effects from Warframe's display settings and then see how your memory holds up? 

3 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Once you've updated your Nvidia drivers can you try disabling Nviida PhysX Effects from Warframe's display settings and then see how your memory holds up? 

Sure, I'll test that now. It takes about 20 or so minutes for it to reach really high amounts of RAM usage - which is something I forgot to mention. So I'll play again for about 20 or so minutes and see how it does and let you know.

4 minutes ago, TheReaper9456 said:

Sure, I'll test that now. It takes about 20 or so minutes for it to reach really high amounts of RAM usage - which is something I forgot to mention. So I'll play again for about 20 or so minutes and see how it does and let you know.

Also I notice in your processes that you had Overwolf and Razer apps running in the background. Can you try disabling those as well? 

12 minutes ago, TheReaper9456 said:

So far my RAM usage hasn't gone above 2GB after about 20 or so minutes of play. What now?

Alright that's good.

First I would enable Nvidia PhysX Effects in Warframe again and make sure that it was not the culprit.

Once you feel comfortable with Nvidia PhysX Effects enabled I would then suggest you try to find out which third-party application was causing these memory issues, Razer/Overwolf/or both. That way we can contact the vendor(s) for further support.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

Just now, [DE]Dmitri said:

Alright that's good.

First I would enable Nvidia PhysX Effects in Warframe again and make sure that it was not the culprit.

Once you feel comfortable with Nvidia PhysX Effects enabled I would then suggest you try to find out which third-party application was causing these memory issues, Razer/Overwolf/or both. That way we can contact the vendor(s) for further support.

Alright I'll try and isolate what is exactly causing the problem and reply with my results later. Thanks for the help so far.

So far I've been unable to recreate the issue. I have all the typical stuff turned on and not doing anything differently than normal. The only thing I can figure is that the issue was my drivers just being out of date, which is a bit embarrassing. I guess if the issue arises again I'll let you know?

50 minutes ago, TheReaper9456 said:

So far I've been unable to recreate the issue. I have all the typical stuff turned on and not doing anything differently than normal. The only thing I can figure is that the issue was my drivers just being out of date, which is a bit embarrassing. I guess if the issue arises again I'll let you know?

Sounds good. Feel free to post here if it happens again. I'll let support know they can close your ticket.