Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Mod Ideas/Possible Debate

(XBOX)kr1sPYDonuts

So I was messing around with some Warframe builds and the idea of a primed intensify going up to 55% additional strength popped into my head. What also popped into my head was the idea of a primed streamline. So I wanted to create this thread so we, as a community, can debate whether or not mods like these would be too over powered, and how much percentage they should give if they were added. If you would also like to debate over other prime mods (new, old, and just conceptualized), please bring them up in chat, I really do enjoy making concepts (and balancing) for this game.

Would Primed Intensify be to OP? (vote in chat):

Spoiler

Yes!: 2

No: 2

Would Primed Streamline be to OP? (vote in chat):

Spoiler

Yes!: 3

No: 2

Would Primed Stretch be to OP? (vote in chat):

Spoiler

Yes!: 1

No: 1

This is just a joke idea based on what someone said below, but how do you guys feel primed stances would work?

Edited by (XB1)Awsome Ethan927

I've said it before, I'll keep saying it.

Primed mod threads aren't concepts, they're requests. You're not bringing a new idea to the table. Literally every mod that exists and is eligible to be primed is already on the table.

It's like saying "how about a Jagara Prime or a Tiberon prime" or whatever. That could happen regardless of whether or not you bring it up.

Edited by Rehtael7

3 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

We already have like 200% of power strenght worth in mods. We dont need more. About eficiency, the energy system is already broke, we dont need to brake it anymore.

I agree with you here, but I would like to see what the whole community thinks. 

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

Primed mod threads aren't concepts, they're requests. You're not bringing a new idea to the table. Literally every mod that exists and is eligible to be primed is already on the table.

But I am not requesting, I'm trying to conceptualize with the community on how powerful these mods should actually be. 

Just now, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

But I am not requesting, I'm trying to conceptualize with the community on how powerful these mods should actually be. 

Do you need to do that? Do you think the developers can't figure out what % they would want to increase those mods by?

You know, like they've done for every primed mod up until now?

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

Do you need to do that? Do you think the developers can't figure out what % they would want to increase those mods by?

You know, like they've done for every primed mod up until now?

Geez, I'm not trying to tell the devs how to do their job, I just want see what the community feels about the power of primed mods and the extent that they should go. 

I'm not sure about Intensify, but I know for a fact Primed Streamline would -Not- be OP. I've done the math for it, its actually a step or two below Primed Continuity (especially with the change to how toggled powers interact with duration)

So my vote is no comment/NO

1 minute ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

Geez, I'm not trying to tell the devs how to do their job, I just want see what the community feels about the power of primed mods and the extent that they should go. 

Do you really think the community is going to give you good feedback on that? Everyone is going to say a different % is the best one, and most people are going to say it shouldn't even happen.

We already have Blind Rage, Intensify, Transient Fortitude, Power Drift AND Energy Conversion.

Edited by Rehtael7

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

Do you really think the community is going to give you good feedback on that? Everyone is going to say a different % is the best one, and most people are going to say it shouldn't even happen.

That is why I said possible debate. I know that everyone has different opinions. 

2 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

I'm not sure about Intensify, but I know for a fact Primed Streamline would -Not- be OP. I've done the math for it, its actually a step or two below Primed Continuity (especially with the change to how toggled powers interact with duration)

That depends on whether or not it would be 75% because that would make it pretty good as the only way to get more than 30% efficiency right now is to reduce your duration. Even still, this means one mod outmodes two others, push-kicking it into OP territory.

Edited by Rehtael7

1 minute ago, Jaysus41 said:

So are you also adding a vote to no to primed intensify? Hmm, I didn't think about how they would effect toggle abilities, I was only thinking of one-and-done abilities.

1 minute ago, Rehtael7 said:

That depends on whether or not it would be 75% because that would make it pretty good as the only way to get more than 30% efficiency right now is to reduce your duration. Even still, this means one mod outmodes two others, push-kicking it into OP territory.

If primed streamline only goes to 55% then would it be OP, because it doesn't eliminate fleeting expertise, it just lessens its toll on a build. 

Just now, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

If primed streamline only goes to 55% then would it be OP, because it doesn't eliminate fleeting expertise, it just lessens its toll on a build. 

Then it would be useless. Efficiency caps out at 75%, so you may as well just be using the cheaper, easier to level up normal streamline in combination with fleeting expertise. Because it doesn't matter whether you're 90% or 115%, you're still more than 75%

15 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

It's like saying "how about a Jagara Prime or a Tiberon prime" or whatever. That could happen regardless of whether or not you bring it up.

Primed tempo royale vandal.
What now?!

4 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

Then it would be useless. Efficiency caps out at 75%, so you may as well just be using the cheaper, easier to level up normal streamline in combination with fleeting expertise. Because it doesn't matter whether you're 90% or 115%, you're still more than 75%

Well I'm saying that you won't need to rank up Fleeting Expertise extra levels because Primed streamline would cover it for you. 

Edit: You would only need a rank 1 Fleeting Expertise and a Primed Streamline that maxes out at 55% and you would get 75% efficiency.

Edited by (XB1)Awsome Ethan927

1 minute ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

Well I'm saying that you won't need to rank up Fleeting Expertise extra levels because Primed streamline would cover it for you. 

It's all beside the point anyway. If DE released Primed Streamline THIS WEEKEND, you know they'd have given it whatever stats THEY want based on studies that they can conduct themselves. Imagine you're in a bus, talking to someone else in the back of the bus about whether or not you could get to the next stop faster if the bus passed the car it's behind. Well guess what, it doesn't matter. The driver is going to do what the driver is going to do, and you're still going to get to the stop one way or another.

It is moot.

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

It's all beside the point anyway. If DE released Primed Streamline THIS WEEKEND, you know they'd have given it whatever stats THEY want based on studies that they can conduct themselves. Imagine you're in a bus, talking to someone else in the back of the bus about whether or not you could get to the next stop faster if the bus passed the car it's behind. Well guess what, it doesn't matter. The driver is going to do what the driver is going to do, and you're still going to get to the stop one way or another.

It is moot.

This not about what DE can do, it is about what the community thinks. I know DE can conduct research on their own, they are a fully capable company, I'm trying to get input from the community, because ultimately it is the community who plays the game and generates opinions. 

4 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

Whoa, slow down there cowboy. Theres no way in hell a single mod will ever give you efficiency cap unless it has some crazy downside associated with it. It'll probably be 55% or possibly 45%.

I posted the math i did showing the gains of Primed Streamline awhile back. I couldn't find it in my profile history, but luckily i had a draft saved on notepad.

A build going for efficiency cap and nothing else would need either-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R2 Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration. 17 Cost
R4 Fleeting Expertise + R5 Streamline = +75% Efficiency, -50% Duration. 19 Cost

With Primed Streamline-

R1 Fleeting Expertise + (Theoretical) R10 Primed Streamline (+55%) = +75% Efficiency, -20% Duration. 21 Cost
R2 Fleeting Expertise + (Theoretical) R10 Borked Streamline (+45%) = +75% Efficiency, -30% Duration. 20 Cost*

But what about Strength Builds and Blind Rage? gotcha covered (Intensify is irrelevant to the debate, and has been intentionally left out)

Efficiency Cap Priority-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R5 Streamline + R2 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +27% Strength. 28 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline + R7 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +72% Strength. 38 Cost
R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline + R5 Blind Rage = +75% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +54% Strength. 34 Cost*

Power Strength Priority-

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R5 Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +35% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Strength. 36 Cost

With Primed Streamline

R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Primed Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +60% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Power Strength. 41 Cost
R5 Fleeting Expertise + R10 Borked Streamline + R10 Blind Rage = +50% Efficiency, -60% Duration, +99% Power Strength. 39 Cost*

So, in conclusion, what a player would gain from Primed Streamline's release and ranking it up would be either-

+25% Efficiency
+45% Power Strength
+30% Duration

Borked Version

+15% Efficiency
+27% Power Strength
+20% Duration

The only thing even close to OP would be the Power Strength gain on the unborked version, but considering the cost everything seems to balance out fairly well.

*Guessing that a borked Primed Streamline would follow Borked Pistol Gambit's trend and have its base cost reduced by 2

And I didn't vote no on intensify, I said I didn't know

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

It is moot.

Yeah, but primed mods only add x more ranks so the mod has 10 ranks (first one is 0). If Primed Streamline was released this weekend, we, and probably a lot more people, know for a fact it is 55%. The only way around this is changing the base Streamline, which a lot of people are gonna be pissed off about.

If your bus driver passes the car every time, then there is no reason he would not do it again if he still wants to get to the next bus stop on time.