Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Reset Vs Dojo's A Middleground Suggestion.

Estred

We all know or should have heard of this exploit. However the one time Reset is a great option and I love it, however those who donate can't and those who don't donate are considered worthless moochers to clans or at least unwilling to hasten the cause. The issue of course is that you can Donate Platinum to the Dojo to speed up rooms, just like you can speed up weapons.

However Dojo rooms take 12-24 hours to build. In my mind waiting 1 day is by FAR less damaging than removing the Reset option to players. I already had donated materials prior to the change so I locked my account. I realized that perhaps in 6 months I may not mind resetting and starting anew, or when the game goes fully live I may do so. I am denied that opportunity though.

My solution is this, if you donate platinum to a Dojo you forfeit your right to an Account Reset. However if you only donate resources you still may Reset. Since you should only get Platinum back from an account reset anyway not resources.

Thoughts?

Then you wouldn't be able to donate any forma as well, regardless of where you got it.

That might be a fair trade off.

The reason you couldn't donate forma is that once you have the material the game doesn't track how you got it, either bp or platinum. So the only way they could make sure you aren't cheating the system is to lock the reset if you ever donate forma.

So DE would probably have it as this way if they wanted to go along with your idea:

-If you donate Forma (or any other mat buyable with platinum) you can no longer reset your account.

-If you spend platinum to rush building of the dojo you can no longer reset your account

-If you only contribute credits or normal mats that you gather through playing the game you are allowed your reset.

Edited by Tsukinoki

So resetting account to spend plats on frames/weps etc is fine, but not when you use it to help your guild build a dojo?

Riiiight

If the reset was not a one time only option .. I would agree.

Edited by Invino

So resetting account to spend plats on frames/weps etc is fine, but not when you use it to help your guild build a dojo?

Considering a dojo is supposed to be long term while weapons/frames are short term...yea, that's right.

Considering a dojo is supposed to be long term while weapons/frames are short term...yea, that's right.

I agree to a degree, but DE have admitted that they royally cocked up the prices of Dojo and no end of small friendly clans have gone boobs up due to this.

Then instead of reducing the costs already, easier to disable reset. The two might not be interlinked but associated when one smart player can really help out a small clan build. Doubt many big clan members did this.

Edited by Invino

I agree to a degree, but DE have admitted that they royally cocked up the prices of Dojo and no end of small friendly clans have gone boobs up due to this.

Then instead of reducing the costs already, easier to disable reset. The two might not be interlinked but associated when one smart player can really help out a small clan build. Doubt many big clan members did this.

The numbers are being adjusted for the future based on sizes of <30, <100, <500, <2000. To give them time to think on this subject and develop the tools behind the scene to enable this, they simply disabled the resetting, and quite frankly, it was indeed complete abuse of the system. If the dojo's weren't alpha and this wasn't beta, those players would have been banned.

Riiiight

If the reset was not a one time only option .. I would agree.

You are missing one huge difference here:

The platinum you spend on frames, weapons, omni ammo, mod packs and forma that you fuse to your own gear only affects *you*. It has absolutely ZERO effect on anyone else and provides no one else any benefit, tangible or not.

The platinum you spend to rush Dojo Rooms and for forma to build dojo rooms affects your entire clan positively.

If you have say 2K platinum and you buy 100 forma and spend it all in your dojo so that they can build everything without farming/buying forma and then reset and get the 2K platinum back, that is abusing the system because your now providing a lasting, and now free, benefit to a group of players. If you spent 2K platinum to buy a ton of forma and spend the time to forma all of your gear to max polarities and reset then you aren't affecting anyone, no one gains anything, if anything you lose all of that hard effort and time you spent in the game.

That is why they disable resets if you contribute to the Dojo. So that you cant use your plat, reset and have it all back, or that you cant start a free account buy forma with it and supply the guild then reset it and repeat...

A friend of mine also mentioned the possibility of donating resources to a build, resetting then cancling the build.  The possibility there is gaining the resources back on the account that was reset (as resources go back to the owner), thusly not even loosing resources for undertaking the reset.

Add forma to that potential and again same as others have sugested the result is free forma.

I dont think DE was as worried about the resources as you would of had to put in some effot to put those in in the first place and them staying with the dojo so much as getting the resources back after resetting.

Poor planning + Greed = this situation.

Clever player + Need to progress with friends = this situation.

All of the above + cancel reset = end of small clan.

I see no problem when things were not done right. Expect to get paid for something that is broken is pure Greed. Player calling their bluff is what players do. Games are to be exploited .. that's what we were doing in Street Fighter on Arcades in the 90s .... hehehehe

Edited by Invino

Games are to be exploited .. that's what we were doing in Street Fighter on Arcades in the 90s .... hehehehe

And while you may think that its the designers job to remove those exploits to make the game fairer for everyone involved (except for those damn SNK bosses....)

And while you may think that its the designers job to remove those exploits to make the game fairer for everyone involved (except for those damn SNK bosses....)

It actually is devs job to remove exploits and gamers job to find and exploit new ones. Like Mufasa said ... it's the great circle of life :)

Fair play in a PvE game is a moot point. Without PvP .. there is no one to complain they can't exploit as the other guy did.

You are missing one huge difference here:

The platinum you spend on frames, weapons, omni ammo, mod packs and forma that you fuse to your own gear only affects *you*. It has absolutely ZERO effect on anyone else and provides no one else any benefit, tangible or not.

The platinum you spend to rush Dojo Rooms and for forma to build dojo rooms affects your entire clan positively.

If you have say 2K platinum and you buy 100 forma and spend it all in your dojo so that they can build everything without farming/buying forma and then reset and get the 2K platinum back, that is abusing the system because your now providing a lasting, and now free, benefit to a group of players. If you spent 2K platinum to buy a ton of forma and spend the time to forma all of your gear to max polarities and reset then you aren't affecting anyone, no one gains anything, if anything you lose all of that hard effort and time you spent in the game.

That is why they disable resets if you contribute to the Dojo. So that you cant use your plat, reset and have it all back, or that you cant start a free account buy forma with it and supply the guild then reset it and repeat...

However currently you are locked if you donate anything to the Dojo. Not just Forma/Platinum which is what was being abused. This is the focus of this thread. I would love to see a middle ground between player choice (reseting) and game rule (not exploiting).

The suggestion is that you forfiet your account reset if you donate Platinum, Forma or anything that costs platinum to obtain. If you only donate say nano-spores then you keep your reset.

However currently you are locked if you donate anything to the Dojo. Not just Forma/Platinum which is what was being abused. This is the focus of this thread. I would love to see a middle ground between player choice (reseting) and game rule (not exploiting).

The suggestion is that you forfiet your account reset if you donate Platinum, Forma or anything that costs platinum to obtain. If you only donate say nano-spores then you keep your reset.

I know that and am fully in support of the point of this thread.  I was just telling him why they need to disable resets if you donate forma/rush a build in the dojo.

I know that and am fully in support of the point of this thread.  I was just telling him why they need to disable resets if you donate forma/rush a build in the dojo.

Ah, my mistake for misreading your message then. I didn't see who you were speaking to. I am very tight sometimes about trying to keep a thread on topic when I feel it has a good message, and that goes for threads other than just my own.

• 2 weeks later...

What is this account reset? I never heard of it...

Anyways, we could have a reset for people donating forma.

Just reset the clan, i.e. everyone agrees or something like that and then we can have our platinum/forma back.

I got a forma from the void, so is it possible that the game can understand I didn't spend platinum?

What is this account reset? I never heard of it...

Anyways, we could have a reset for people donating forma.

Just reset the clan, i.e. everyone agrees or something like that and then we can have our platinum/forma back.

I got a forma from the void, so is it possible that the game can understand I didn't spend platinum?

The account reset is a feature on the website.

Platinum/Forma (purchasable by platinum) are essentially refunded on a reset. Thus you forfeit the reset because then you could rush Dojo rooms then get your platinum back.

The goal with this thread is that unless you donate specifically Forma or Platinum or anything that can be bought via Platinum, you keep your reset.