Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neural Sensors / Control Module

DaddysHome

I need a vent ...

Farming this S#&$ is a second job. DE seems to forget that video games are something to do for fun and not when you want to take a second "job"

So I've been playing today and found 2 Neural sensors and 2 control  module's, in about 7 hours playtime...

and the 2 neural sensor were from the first run. After that NOTHING.............

so frustrating

On one side void keys drop more often, so you can have a better acces to forma and forma blueprints.

But the damn forma needs a NEURAL SENSOR to be crafted...

Also neurodes and orokin cells seem to be dropping less often for me

(I leave it up to you to find out for which pattern you need them)

This is once again the marketing face of DE ...

I need a vent ...

Farming this S#&$ is a second job. DE seems to forget that video games are something to do for fun and not when you want to take a second "job"

So I've been playing today and found 2 Neural sensors and 2 control  module's, in about 7 hours playtime...

and the 2 neural sensor were from the first run. After that NOTHING.............

so frustrating

On one side void keys drop more often, so you can have a better acces to forma and forma blueprints.

But the damn forma needs a NEURAL SENSOR to be crafted...

Also neurodes and orokin cells seem to be dropping less often for me

(I leave it up to you to find out for which pattern you need them)

This is once again the marketing face of DE ...

Got 4 people 3 neural sensors in (so 12 total) in less than 20 minutes, followed by 2 control modules in 20 minutes as well (8 total).

Everyone but myself needed them or will need them for future foundry stuffs.  The longest time I have ever spent playing to farm something and had a "dry" set of runs has been in the range of 30 minutes.

To me, if it was indeed 7 hours of solid play, this sounds like a great misfortune of luck.  I think however, when you say you played 7 hours you likely were not playing that 7 hours straight, and possibly may have been either in the wrong area, or unfortunatly perhaps just a bit slower making your opportunities to get them fewer due to the rate of opportunities.

While it's a bummer, I think the conclusion you are drawing is incorrect.

open every container and locker in the stages where you are going for these things because they can drop from them.

If you want to be..."efficient" then run straight to whatever boss you are farming from but know that this is basically the only chance you are giving yourself.

Yesterday i got 2 neural sensors from random containers and i wasnt even farming for them. I got one from an alert and another from an Io defense.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I had to farm Golem to get Volt Systems last week. I killed him One Hundred and Seven times to get the systems. Thankfully, I now have them.

Oh, I need to get a Control Module to build it? Well then.

Hehe farming a warframe can be painfull like this :D

So you farmed J3 golem 107 times, you even kept a record of it

On the wiki he is like the number one guy to go to if you ever need Neural Sensors

Can I ask you to post how many Neural Sensors you got out of this ?

Thanks

open every container and locker in the stages where you are going for these things because they can drop from them.

If you want to be..."efficient" then run straight to whatever boss you are farming from but know that this is basically the only chance you are giving yourself.

Yesterday i got 2 neural sensors from random containers and i wasnt even farming for them. I got one from an alert and another from an Io defense.

The key is not to farm.

I as well pick these up while not actually trying to get them. Just got two Sensors from a single Callisto defense run, one from a container and another from an enemy. Modules are the only component I'm running dry on. All the other "rare" components I have 20+ of.

Got 4 people 3 neural sensors in (so 12 total) in less than 20 minutes, followed by 2 control modules in 20 minutes as well (8 total).

Everyone but myself needed them or will need them for future foundry stuffs.  The longest time I have ever spent playing to farm something and had a "dry" set of runs has been in the range of 30 minutes.

To me, if it was indeed 7 hours of solid play, this sounds like a great misfortune of luck.  I think however, when you say you played 7 hours you likely were not playing that 7 hours straight, and possibly may have been either in the wrong area, or unfortunatly perhaps just a bit slower making your opportunities to get them fewer due to the rate of opportunities.

It is indeed 7 playing hours.

I counted out eating, cleaning the car and taking a dump out of the playtime of today.

So it is indeed a great misfortune of luck

It is indeed 7 playing hours.

I counted out eating, cleaning the car and taking a dump out of the playtime of today.

So it is indeed a great misfortune of luck

I'm very curious to see your ingame profile.  That information would answer much more than anything provided in this thread so far.

Were these speed runs or moving through the content engaging and sweeping them clean in your example?

The bigger issue here is that if they were speed runs, you achieved that rate of return by ignoring the majority of level content and through rapid repetition. While efficient, the game should not be operating in such a fashion as to make this the optimal strategy and that means that the ambient resources and rewards are simply not valuable as compared to rushing for the main drop.

The complaints on these rare materials are indeed warranted. They are simply not being sourced sufficiently or pervasively enough to make them achievable by anything less than extensive repetition.

Given how we are now seeing dojos and blueprints calling for multiples of all these 'rare materials', they need to be seeded far more regularly.

Research materials are crowding these OUT of the drop tables.  For assassination targets, these need to be moved to a SEPARATE drop like the orokin cell drop that bosses are capable of.

This. Every time a boss drops research materials it's comparable to dropping no resources. The supposedly "rare" research resources are much more common than any resource that drops in singles, and that includes Orokin Cells.

Honestly I'd rather have research materials in the place of Orokin Cells as the "extra" drop from bosses if that meant they went back to their previous drop rates for rare components.

Were these speed runs or moving through the content engaging and sweeping them clean in your example?

The bigger issue here is that if they were speed runs, you achieved that rate of return by ignoring the majority of level content and through rapid repetition. While efficient, the game should not be operating in such a fashion as to make this the optimal strategy and that means that the ambient resources and rewards are simply not valuable as compared to rushing for the main drop.

The complaints on these rare materials are indeed warranted. They are simply not being sourced sufficiently or pervasively enough to make them achievable by anything less than extensive repetition.

Given how we are now seeing dojos and blueprints calling for multiples of all these 'rare materials', they need to be seeded far more regularly.

No, I run with thiefs wit & master thief on these runs, and tag what I can when I can.  Typically ranging in the 50-90 kills per run depending on how things spawned.  Unfortunately what you describe as being optimal is the case for many things with many games, the goal is always to get to what drops what you want as quickly as possible.  This is one of the explicit reasons why changes were made to the defense mission rewards, to specify where and what you should be doing so that you could have a goal in mind while hunting for specifics.  To prevent mindless and aimless farming.   

The requirement of these so called rare materials was originated from what DE has already admitted as being not the best way.  They looked at clans and what their pool of resources was, larger clans throwing these numbers off for most people to a great deal.

Getting these is by your definition of the Dojo, a problem because of how the figures for the Dojo were determined, not the drop rate of the item.

Even so, complaints of the drop rate are not always wrong to an extent because we are going to have those, who always get a control module for example, and the potential for those who get almost none.  Finding a way to eliminate or reduce the end of the statistical spectrum where some find themselves getting none is a more apt way of looking at this "problem" rather than simply saying "drop rates increase them".  In any case you're always going to have those who find and those who do not find in a system that has "chance" involved.  So we will always be seeing threads about this sort of stuff as long as there is "chance" cause someone will always be less fortunate.  Then typically overlook the times when they have been more fortunate about things and be capable of looking at the bigger picture and realize that it did to an extent balance out a bit.

This. Every time a boss drops research materials it's comparable to dropping no resources. The supposedly "rare" research resources are much more common than any resource that drops in singles, and that includes Orokin Cells.

Honestly I'd rather have research materials in the place of Orokin Cells as the "extra" drop from bosses if that meant they went back to their previous drop rates for rare components.

You should take a look here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64304-operation-cornucopia-make-count-what-we-kill-adjust-drop-tables-for-mobs/

As should others regarding the issue.

Edited by Enot83

I've been trying to farm a control module for close to three days now, after getting the last part to the Vauban...and I've yet to find one. Ran Hyena about 27 times, and saw nothing, though my friend who was helping me with the runs got four of them. They never dropped for me.

Something is seriously broken with the drop rates in this game.

Overall I've never had such bad luck that I've spent forever farming something, besides that one time I got 2 sets of Trinity trying to get 6 Neurodes. But, I've spent a hell of a lot of time killing Hyena and it's starting to get boring.

I've been trying to farm a control module for close to three days now, after getting the last part to the Vauban...and I've yet to find one. Ran Hyena about 27 times, and saw nothing, though my friend who was helping me with the runs got four of them. They never dropped for me.

Something is seriously broken with the drop rates in this game.

There was, and possibly still is a bug, that when the host kills a boss, the materials do not show up for other players.  We had this problem with our clan runs for a while, I simply would arrive at the boss, and hide in a corner as to not accidently kill him and make it so that only I was able to recieve materials.

This, having been (or still is) a problem, is a great cause to the lack of materials on some bosses, playing in online mode you may not know who the host is, and so wouldn't know who shouldn't be killing the boss.

I've been trying to farm sensors for about 20-25 hours over the last two weeks.  Nada.  I have a full time job and a busy schedule.  I've already dropped 100 on this game.  What more do you expect of a casual player DE?  This RNG is terrible.  Change the game's name to Spaceninjaslotmachine.  That would be more accurate.

Edited by Zonzai

I used to have the same luck with the whole CM almost every time I killed hyena BUT definitely it feels like the drop rate is alot less now...I've done hours trying to get cm now and not getting them. I totally believe his 7 hour story, though it usually doesn't take me THAT long I believe it could happen...

Edited by Kageneko