Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

you have one mammoth on a pressure plate holding a door closed, on the other side is gold. what do you do?

dangerdragon117

16 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

oh.....

but he switch teleported the mammoth, no decoy used. he would then be stuck on the plate. might as well be the same as the self kill button.

The pressure plate was to hold the door closed, the buttons are the kill switches.

It's not a very fool-proof trap. The one with the chicken, grain, and fox in 1st grade was more cunning.

Edit

The Mammoth is doomed regardless, the "rules" state that if it leaves the pressure plate, it dies. Just leave it there until it dehydrates to death (a week or two, tops), then switch-teleport with the corpse. The rest is simple enough, and you don't have the "Do I kill a mammoth myself?" dilemma to deal with.

Edited by Meta_Nexus
Re-read of the "rules"

Plus, we would assume that the mammoth would've simply walked off the pressure plate in the first place in order to find food and water, thus killing itself while simultaneously allowing us to not kill the mammoth ourselves. Driving a vehicle in place of the mammoth would either scare the mammoth away or it'll attack the vehicle, therefore it does not work. Have you really thought this whole thing through, OP?

13 hours ago, dangerdragon117 said:

you basically committed genocide. are you okay with that?

Get the gold.  Killing the Mammoth is irrelevant.  As the last one on earth, the species will go extinct in a few years, and even then, only if the mammoth can stay on the plate.

PS  The mammoth will get bored sooner or later and wander off.  This action will kill it without my intervention, so the mammoth individual was already doomed.

So essentially we face the following key points:

1. Saving the mammoth species is impossible with only one survivor.  We can delay its death slightly, but can not save it's race.  
  2. The mammoth will kill itself very soon as it gets bored with standing there.  I assume some sort of feed system provides it food in place to complete this elaborate scenario.
  3. Thieves will tunnel in to steal the gold later, and become rich themselves, and probably ALSO sell the skeleton for Ivory.

I will then buy Defiance from Trion, and try to negotiate purchasing DE from Suunpo Holding.  If I get to own DE, I will mandate that all prime weapons be revisited in terms of stats to ensure that they are balanced appropriately to be the weapons of phenomenal lore that we would expect from the great works of the Orokin, and no prime weapon will be considered "mastery fuel, nothing more".

I will also throw a lot of work into Archwing to make it more fun, or at LEAST, less grindy.

20 minutes ago, EvilKam said:

I will then buy Defiance from Trion, and try to negotiate purchasing DE from Suunpo Holding.  If I get to own DE, I will mandate that all prime weapons be revisited in terms of stats to ensure that they are balanced appropriately to be the weapons of phenomenal lore that we would expect from the great works of the Orokin, and no prime weapon will be considered "mastery fuel, nothing more".

I will also throw a lot of work into Archwing to make it more fun, or at LEAST, less grindy.

Good suggestion.

I'd simply buy DE, keep everything unchanged and prepare for the U20 game rework, with added depth to lore and game progression, syndicate warfare, invasion nodes and doubled drop rates for very rare items (e.g. Rare stance mods, Ivara parts and Archwing parts).

20 minutes ago, EvilKam said:

PS  The mammoth will get bored sooner or later and wander off.  This action will kill it without my intervention, so the mammoth individual was already doomed.

1 hour ago, Madho said:

Plus, we would assume that the mammoth would've simply walked off the pressure plate in the first place in order to find food and water, thus killing itself while simultaneously allowing us to not kill the mammoth ourselves.

10 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

The Mammoth is doomed regardless, the "rules" state that if it leaves the pressure plate, it dies. Just leave it there until it dehydrates to death (a week or two, tops), then switch-teleport with the corpse. The rest is simple enough, and you don't have the "Do I kill a mammoth myself?" dilemma to deal with.

Basically all of the above odds are stacked against the mammoth. Checkmate, OP.

Edited by Guest

Make fabulous magic and replace the mammoth with a McGoo. With all the lewd and ego, its almost as equal to the mammoth's weight, but less enough so it leaves a slight opening for me to slip in and take the gold. The mammoth is safely teleported to san diego zoo and McGoo is at home on the lime light. 

46 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Make fabulous magic and replace the mammoth with a McGoo. With all the lewd and ego, its almost as equal to the mammoth's weight, but less enough so it leaves a slight opening for me to slip in and take the gold. The mammoth is safely teleported to san diego zoo and McGoo is at home on the lime light. 

Salt overflow.