The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS drop

GameLover93

8 hours ago, Vince1902 said:

I always have 40-60 FPS when the loading screen appears and when the loading is finished it dropped about 27 FPS. When i play the game i have 17 FPS

Well, if I knew your specs it would help me gauge how many frames that game should be running at (checking for old hardware). Lower all of your game settings, or put them on the lowest. If you are using a tower (desktop not laptop), make sure your internal fans are working. (I'm not perfect, but these should help) Otherwise you might want to submit a support ticket to solve your issue.

BTW loading screens don't gauge how well the game should be running, please don't treat them like they should.

Edited by CompletelyUnbelievable

I experienced lags after the recent updates. Sometimes my FPS drops below 30 which isn't nice, I usually get 60fps in the game. My settings are maxed out, I didn't have problem with that before. My specs:

i5-6300HQ 3.2GHz

GTX950M 4GB

8GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM

128GB SSD

6 hours ago, Dobermann92 said:

I experienced lags after the recent updates. Sometimes my FPS drops below 30 which isn't nice, I usually get 60fps in the game. My settings are maxed out, I didn't have problem with that before. My specs:

i5-6300HQ 3.2GHz

GTX950M 4GB

8GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM

128GB SSD

Have you tried changing your in game and launcher settings? At the bottom of the previous page I've listed everything I've tried to fix the issue on my rig. For me even on the lowest settings I'm getting exactly the same performance. 

I would recommend starting a ticket with the support desk. Maybe if we keep pestering them they'll fix it.

Edit: there is a patch today. Can someone tell me if it helped with performance? I'm too busy to test it today.

Edited by projectrallus

On 6/2/2016 at 6:07 AM, Old_Man333 said:

Ouch!
Foundry "eat" my fps if i opened it D:
In menu foundry i have = 30FPS
Elsewhere = 60FPS (v-sync)
30fps
60fps

This is likely a result of the number of objects that are in view when you are using your foundry. I would expect similar results anytime you view your Mod Station. You should be able to work around this by disabling v-sync and instead use the "Max Framerate" found in Warframe's display settings.

I've been having a problem similar to what other people are describing.

I normally run at 60fps, but when opening menus it erratically drops to 30fps.  Most commonly this happens in the Arsenal when I open a mod menu for an item.  It happens inconsistently, and each time it happens it clears up after a seemingly random amount of time.  Sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes.  Sometimes backing out and re-entering the menu rapidly several times seems to clear it up.

It's also happened opening my Foundry and entering Navigation.

Sometimes it happens just walking around my ship.  When this happens, it seems to be tied to looking towards the center of my ship (the open space between the Arsenal, Foundry, and Mods at the bottom of the ramp to Navigation).  I look away and get 60, look back and it drops again, stare at it long enough and it clears up.

Sometimes it happens during missions.  I notice on small maps (like Interception, for example) it seems to be focused on the center of the map, much like on my ship.  There doesn't seem to be any connection between how many enemies/items are in view and these fps drops - it very often happens when a map is completely empty.  On missions with larger maps (Exterminate or Survival) I haven't been able to check if it's focused on the "center" of the map or not.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern to its duration, either.

I find that if I walk through the location that seems to be causing the drop and come out the other side, then turn around and look it, often times it's cleared up.  This happens both in missions and on my ship.  Again, no way to know if that actually correlates to anything, of if the few seconds it talks to walk across a tile just coincides with that instance expiring.

Two of my friends have been getting similar fps drops as well, again usually happening erratically in menus but sometimes in missions.  I think this started happening just after update 18.12.

Edited by FrackingBiscuit

2 hours ago, FrackingBiscuit said:

Two of my friends have been getting similar fps drops as well, again usually happening erratically in menus but sometimes in missions.  I think this started happening just after update 18.12.

You and your friends should start a ticket with the support desk. I've been having this issue for ages now and it's honestly been keeping me from enjoying the game because sudden changes in framerate give me a headache. They actually closed my support ticket without actually fixing the issue and I started that ticket like four patches ago.

Maybe you'll have more luck with it than I did.

Edited by projectrallus
Trying not to say anything rude. I'm upset with how this situation has been treated.