Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Remove Stamina Entirely.

marharth

With all the talk of the slide cooldown thing, this is something I thought about.

Why even bother with stamina in the first place? Just slows the game down unnecessarily and has no purpose other then that.

Is there any other reason for stamina but to slow the game down?

Put back the sliding from before, remove the stamina bar entirely.

game is fast enough that you dont even need to kill anything. there are plenty of people who kill only the boss and head to the exit.

so yeah, seems like slowing down is exactly the effect they are looking for.

i dont like it either. but whats the point of large levels and enemy variety when people just bypass everything?

PS. i dont necessarily like it either. specially how it makes the game feel clunky in certain areas. still you cant say it serves no purpose.

Edited by MetalGerbil

IMO, stamina at the moment is only there to hamper slower warframes, fast warframes usually don't have a problem.

This is true. Manly Warframes like Rhino should have lots of stamina, while wizards like Frost and Loki should have low stamina. (Which should be the same as what we've got now.) Edited by Lumireaver

This is true. Manly Warframes like Rhino should have lots of stamina, while wizards like Frost and Loki should have low stamina. (Which should be the same as what we've got now.)

Frost isn't exactly non-Manly ya know (he has the same defense and shield/health values as Rhino after all)

Though that kinda gave me the idea that either max stamina should be higher for slower frames and lower for faster frames... or just have it so the faster you run, the more stamina you burn (which would make sense)

Wait what? Why should loki have low stamina? He is supposed to be the most agile warframe in the game.

But I do agree that the stamina just serves as a petty attempt to slow the game down as I don't know anyone who actually ever finds themselves low on stamina. It would be nice if the actual speed of the warframe was more important than the amount of stamina they have. Also, as a side note, I have only noticed recently that charge attacking uses up stamina but really doesn't change anything because stamina charges so quickly. Why is it even a thing?

Frost isn't exactly non-Manly ya know (he has the same defense and shield/health values as Rhino after all)

Though that kinda gave me the idea that either max stamina should be higher for slower frames and lower for faster frames... or just have it so the faster you run, the more stamina you burn (which would make sense)

That statement was made mostly in jest, but also because I kind of feel that Rhino needs an edge over Frost precisely because they have the same defense/health. 

game is fast enough that you dont even need to kill anything. there are plenty of people who kill only the boss and head to the exit.

so yeah, seems like slowing down is exactly the effect they are looking for.

Generally the first few times anyone plays a map they take their time and explore everything. People start to do the whole speed run thing because they have to fight the same boss dozens of times to get the resource or blueprint pieces they need. When the endgame is just grinding and farming you can't really get too mad a player for wanting get through as fast as possible when doing the exact same map for the 100th time. Also what about maps like defense where you can't just run to the end? Shouldn't they have infinite stamina there since there is no way to fast track mission completion.

That statement was made mostly in jest, but also because I kind of feel that Rhino needs an edge over Frost precisely because they have the same defense/health. 

Not only does Rhino already have charge, but why would having the same defenses warrant one having an advantage over the other?

Also, would just like to point out how Battlefield Bad Company 2 (and presumably other BF games, never played them) has infinite sprint, and it's really helpful when you have to cross kilometres-long stretches of land. And you wouldn't constantly use it because you'd end up unable to retaliate when you got shot.