The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

52 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I think I need to get this place inspected...

What's everyone up to?

Watching the gauntlet, seeing how many levels I could go to before I decide not to waste my time.

Edit: Beat the gauntlet. The blurry videos really censor reduce brutality. 

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

14 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Humans, you can't understand them, or why they would want to live in vent shafts...you just have to pretend like it makes rational robot sense.

I am a spookity cyborg anyways.

You guys signed up for this....

Princess yue, there is something weird going on with her, and waterbending in general....spoilers ahead for those who have not read the avatar comics, as well as a nerd alert.~i assume the baby is dead, because a spirit that possess a a living humans body will physically alter them (white hair yue though) and possibly kill them. Yue was already nearly dead, so maybe that was a counter balance, maybe the spirit has healing properties, maybe it's via she was a baby. Plot armor. Even Wan had a hard time, and nearly died, trying to hold Raava inside his body. And if anyone should have the ability to take up residence inside a human body with no problems, it should be the spirit of good intentions right? (Raava was order, Vaatu was chaos...)

Ok. So in the Avatar comics, we she the flash back story of a spirit that gave up her immortality to live among humans, and her one true love, bla bla bla. Fast forward, and Aang accidentally murder kills the spirit she friend zoned ages ago, General iron sides or something...except, plot twist, spirits don't actually die, they always reincarnate again, and in the case of the spirit lady who apears before Aang, she fully remembers her past life. 

So somethings about Princess yue, or firstly, the white carp that gave her a piece of it's life....

·When watching Atla, it made sense that the two worlds were seperate, and that the spirits and humans would have to sacrifice something to go to each side (bending, immortality). After watching Korra, I always assumed the moon spirit came down to Earth to be with the ocean spirit, because Avatar Wan destroyed the portal between the physical and spiritual world

This however make a me think there is no real way to cut these worlds apart, as spirits and humans were still able to cross to each side

After reading the comic, I realized that that time could have been anywhere before or after Avatar Wan, again like before, but something weird stands out to me

·If the moon spirit gave up its immortality to live on Earth (with the Ocean spirit), wouldn't it have died of old age at some point, just like the spirit lady? ---> this makes me believe spirits have varying degrees of strength, and the ocean and moon spirits are definitely very strong, maybe more so than the Avatars own Raava spirit.

·This next part was a question on the now mortal spirit being able to give apart of its life force to a dying (dead) baby, and what creepy implications that has~also 

1).this part is highly unlikely, the more simple solution is that is was life force given to the child but, "Princess yue" was never who we thought she was. That baby did die. When they put the child into the water, the spirit simply took up residence and the body and experienced a mortal life. Not likely, but helps set the creepy time of all this :D

2) In the heat of battle, the Water tribe would have lost without its bending. Most spirits do not intervene in human conflicts, so the koi fish weren't really going to do much. Couldn't do much. But after General Zhao kills the moon spirit, two things happen.

·Aang walks into the water and turns into a giant death spirit of water and hate and murder kills everything. 

·Princess yue turns into a fish, which lets the ocean spirit know everything is alright. Well, not really. She touches the fish, and it begins to swim again. Then her physical body becomes transparent and floats up into the sky. Did she become a(the) fish? Or did she reanimate the fish(ocean spirit)? We see her in the sky, in the moonlight later on, so we know she isn't chilling in that pool with the ocean spirit anymore. 

The problem is:

The Ravaa spirit is destroyed, and killed, but is brought back by jinoora, so it can be assumed there is a place in the spirit world spirits are transferred to upon death.

So, did ·Princess yue commit suicide for legitimately no reason at all? Or was the ocean spirit really dead for all intents and purposes, never to reincarnate? 

3)because reasons.

Waterbending

so, in that fight, you see waterbenders immediately lose their bending after the moon spirit is killed...it is stated at some point in the show that waterbenders don't have an animal that they learned from, just the ocean and moon spirits, watching how they interacted with each other.

The fire nation comes up second with the harshest penalty to bending, losing all control over fire during a solar eclipse, but that pales in comparison to loosing all bending when a spirit that controls your element dies. Its just water that has this handicap, as far as we know. 

I would like to believe that waterbending would still be something you could do, even without the moon spirit being there, and that they simply lost control because it was a power source they were used to using...I would...but it's kind of just all up in the air.

Also, imagine the horror of Zhao had grabbed the black fish? Dead, barren, lifeless oceans and lakes, stagnant lifeless water...these two spirits are obviously more powerful than they really should be...

Which brings me to my next topic...anyone could be the Avatar. Any person with any spirit that was able to touch the portals and fuse with that spirit would gain some sort of benefit.

Hashirama level plant bending (wood style) is a thing in avatar that could happen.

And there was no legitimate reason why Amons story and scar couldn't have been true (it's cool that he turned out to be a water bender, nice plot twist, but he could have gotten the scar from some random fight). Especially since the very next season is titled "spirits" and shows her getting man handled by a spirit....korra gets man handled by a lot of things....just saying..

There...there it all is in its amazing nerdy glory, please tell me if I'm just spouting nonsense

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
I will have to do lots of edits

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

You guys signed up for this....

Princess yue, there is something weird going on with her, and waterbending in general....spoilers ahead for those who have not read the avatar comics, as well as a nerd alert.~i assume the baby is dead, because a spirit that possess a a living humans body will physically alter them (white hair yue though) and possibly kill them. Yue was already nearly dead, so maybe that was a counter balance, maybe the spirit has healing properties, maybe it's via she was a baby. Plot armor. Even Wan had a hard time, and nearly died, trying to hold Raava inside his body. And if anyone should have the ability to take up residence inside a human body with no problems, it should be the spirit of good intentions right? (Raava was order, Vaatu was chaos...)

Ok. So in the Avatar comics, we she the flash back story of a spirit that gave up her immortality to live among humans, and her one true love, bla bla bla. Fast forward, and Aang accidentally murder kills the spirit she friend zoned ages ago, General iron sides or something...except, plot twist, spirits don't actually die, they always reincarnate again, and in the case of the spirit lady who apears before Aang, she fully remembers her past life. 

So somethings about Princess yue, or firstly, the white carp that gave her a piece of it's life....

·When watching Atla, it made sense that the two worlds were seperate, and that the spirits and humans would have to sacrifice something to go to each side (bending, immortality). After watching Korra, I always assumed the moon spirit came down to Earth to be with the ocean spirit, because Avatar Wan destroyed the portal between the physical and spiritual world

This however make a me think there is no real way to cut these worlds apart, as spirits and humans were still able to cross to each side

After reading the comic, I realized that that time could have been anywhere before or after Avatar Wan, again like before, but something weird stands out to me

·If the moon spirit gave up its immortality to live on Earth (with the Ocean spirit), wouldn't it have died of old age at some point, just like the spirit lady? ---> this makes me believe spirits have varying degrees of strength, and the ocean and moon spirits are definitely very strong, maybe more so than the Avatars own Raava spirit.

·This next part was a question on the now mortal spirit being able to give apart of its life force to a dying (dead) baby, and what creepy implications that has~also 

1).this part is highly unlikely, the more simple solution is that is was life force given to the child but, "Princess yue" was never who we thought she was. That baby did die. When they put the child into the water, the spirit simply took up residence and the body and experienced a mortal life. Not likely, but helps set the creepy time of all this :D

2) In the heat of battle, the Water tribe would have lost without its bending. Most spirits do not intervene in human conflicts, so the koi fish weren't really going to do much. Couldn't do much. But after General Zhao kills the moon spirit, two things happen.

·Aang walks into the water and turns into a giant death spirit of water and hate and murder kills everything. 

·Princess yue turns into a fish, which lets the ocean spirit know everything is alright. Well, not really. She touches the fish, and it begins to swim again. Then her physical body becomes transparent and floats up into the sky. Did she become a(the) fish? Or did she reanimate the fish(ocean spirit)? We see her in the sky, in the moonlight later on, so we know she isn't chilling in that pool with the ocean spirit anymore. 

The problem is:

The Ravaa spirit is destroyed, and killed, but is brought back by jinoora, so it can be assumed there is a place in the spirit world spirits are transferred to upon death.

So, did ·Princess yue commit suicide for legitimately no reason at all? Or was the ocean spirit really dead for all intents and purposes, never to reincarnate? 

3)because reasons.

Waterbending

so, in that fight, you see waterbenders immediately lose their bending after the moon spirit is killed...it is stated at some point in the show that waterbenders don't have an animal that they learned from, just the ocean and moon spirits, watching how they interacted with each other.

The fire nation comes up second with the harshest penalty to bending, losing all control over fire during a solar eclipse, but that pales in comparison to loosing all bending when a spirit that controls your element dies. Its just water that has this handicap, as far as we know. 

I would like to believe that waterbending would still be something you could do, even without the moon spirit being there, and that they simply lost control because it was a power source they were used to using...I would...but it's kind of just all up in the air.

Also, imagine the horror of Zhao had grabbed the black fish? Dead, barren, lifeless oceans and lakes, stagnant lifeless water...these two spirits are obviously more powerful than they really should be...

Which brings me to my next topic...anyone could be the Avatar. Any person with any spirit that was able to touch the portals and fuse with that spirit would gain some sort of benefit.

Hashirama level plant bending (wood style) is a thing in avatar that could happen.

And there was no legitimate reason why Amons story and scar couldn't have been true (it's cool that he turned out to be a water bender, nice plot twist, but he could have gotten the scar from some random fight). Especially since the very next season is titled "spirits" and shows her getting man handled by a spirit....korra gets man handled by a lot of things....just saying..

There...there it all is in its amazing nerdy glory, please tell me if I'm just spouting nonsense

k m8

16 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

k m8

(I'm just being silly Metro, you is awesome peoples)

I believe k m8 roughly translates into "Cool story bro"

"Cool Story, Bro is a catchphrase often used in sarcastic response to a lengthy or off-track story that one could really not care less about"

So from that, further translation leads me to believe this:

1364916529-cool_story_bro._cool_story_br

thanks metro :D

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

(I'm just being silly Metro, you is awesome peoples)

I believe k m8 roughly translates into "Cool story bro"

"Cool Story, Bro is a catchphrase often used in sarcastic response to a lengthy or off-track story that one could really not care less about"

So from that, further translation leads me to believe this:

1364916529-cool_story_bro._cool_story_br

thanks metro :D

thank you for molding me into less of an a**hole than I really am.

i genuinely appreciate it.

my sarcasm is not present.

1 hour ago, TheMetrocop said:

thank you for molding me into less of an a**hole than I really am.

i genuinely appreciate it.

my sarcasm is not present.

:p where is everyone anyways? Please tell me you guys can at least answer my kurenai question. I have so many unanswered theories, but this is the only forum I want to be on:/

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Anywho

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

:p where is everyone anyways? Please tell me you guys can at least answer my kurenai question. I have so many unanswered theories, but this is the only forum I want to be on:/

I don't watch anime.

I know. god save me..

please don't burn me alive.

6 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

I don't watch anime.

I know. god save me..

please don't burn me alive.

3bb210a5033a9c8e7fd684f17c45214febb05e3d

Like...the title of this post when I first started it was "fan animations/anime fights you want to see made"...

Did you get lost and open up the door to this horror on accident?

Nah, but it's cool, I think that's what made me change the title, no one really seemed to be into anime...or the people who were posting were throwing out titles I havnt seen yet....;_;....

It's cool...but now I need to know what it is you do with your time 

Just now, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

3bb210a5033a9c8e7fd684f17c45214febb05e3d

Like...the title of this post when I first started it was "fan animations/anime fights you want to see made"...

Did you get lost and open up the door to this horror on accident?

Nah, but it's cool, I think that's what made me change the title, no one really seemed to be into anime...or the people who were posting were throwing out titles I havnt seen yet....;_;....

It's cool...but now I need to know what it is you do with your time 

It kinda hurts my eyes. It doesn't have enough science. My biology senses are also burning up when I watch it. i'm speshal. pls don't hurt me.

I watch science.

I play science.

I read science.

I listen to dubstep.

And I really like WW2.

well sure it was a S#&$ty event it's just really interesting okay. but you should of figured that out by now too.

8 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

It kinda hurts my eyes. It doesn't have enough science. My biology senses are also burning up when I watch it. i'm speshal. pls don't hurt me.

I watch science.

I play science.

I read science.

I listen to dubstep.

And I really like WW2.

well sure it was a S#&$ty event it's just really interesting okay. but you should of figured that out by now too.

There are some many, many anime out there for everyone. If I had my way, you would see all the ww2 science filled anime you liked. Full metal alchemist is actually the only thing I know of at the moment, and something already suggested (although it's not really science, or ww2). I will educate myself by the morrow and present you with something.

Orther than that...how about that Hitler guy, am I right? :P

I kind of believe (after seeing much proof on the history channel of course) if an assasination attempt against Hitler would have been succesful, Germany would have won the war...so...good on him for surviving...

16 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

There are some many, many anime out there for everyone. If I had my way, you would see all the ww2 science filled anime you liked. Full metal alchemist is actually the only thing I know of at the moment, and something already suggested (although it's not really science, or ww2). I will educate myself by the morrow and present you with something.

I kind of believe (after seeing much proof on the history channel of course) if an assasination attempt against Hitler would have been succesful, Germany would have won the war...so...good on him for surviving...

It be interesting to see what would happen after Hitler wins the war.  (more parts on this channel)

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

The only one I saw has.. ehm.

Female soldiers dress like japanese schoolgirls.

and that thought haunts me every day. why, why wear school uniforms in a war? especially revealing ones. just think of all the injuries you can get. no shielding from radiation at all.

17 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

The only one I saw has.. ehm.

Female soldiers dress like japanese schoolgirls.

and that thought haunts me every day. why, why wear school uniforms in a war? especially revealing ones. just think of all the injuries you can get. no shielding from radiation at all.

That's because the the creators of weren't going for realism.