The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

36 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

http://i.imgur.com/G9UhMx1.gif

insert gif that does not want to work here

I stumbled across a bill nye video yesterday.

yes, i have never watched bill nye before that.

and yes, the theme song scores all the unces in my book.

i need to listen to that theme song right now.

obligatory science dubstep.

Have you ever watched reading rainbow? That's a catchy theme song.

"The more you know!"~i believe reading rainbow started this

10 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Have you ever watched reading rainbow? That's a catchy theme song.

"The more you know!"~i believe reading rainbow started this

i never really warmed up to the reading rainbow theme song but it was okay.

11 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

http://i.imgur.com/G9UhMx1.gif

insert gif that does not want to work here

I stumbled across a bill nye video yesterday.

yes, i have never watched bill nye before that.

and yes, the theme song scores all the unces in my book.

i need to listen to that theme song right now.

obligatory science dubstep.

BILL

BILL

BILL

BILL

Serioisly though, that show was the S#&$ when I was in elementary school. I'd go to the library and check out as many VHS tapes as they'd let me and then binge out on science.

54 minutes ago, Hortonman said:

BILL

BILL

BILL

BILL

Serioisly though, that show was the S#&$ when I was in elementary school. I'd go to the library and check out as many VHS tapes as they'd let me and then binge out on science.

as a kid I got my hands on as much science as I could.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

But this one is actually legit. It is one of the best beginning experiences to anime I could suggest. Its not Pico. Nothing is as bad as Pico. And it has not skimpily dressed women. It Is just a genuinely good story :)

Can confirm: Spirited Away is an excellent movie regardless of your opinion on anime.

That, or we can all have science discussions: What planet can be seen right now from the northern hemisphere? Was looking at the night sky earlier, and some funny stuff happened, one thing being that we discussed why one star was very bright and slightly colorful for about 5 minutes. I think it was Jupiter.

It all started when my sister was yelling at me to get outside. I think the world is ending. I find two grown people (her and her boyfriend) staring wide eyed and pointing up, asking me if I thought a blinking light going across the sky was a plane. She heavily implied it was aliens, I told her it was probably a satellite, but she remained convinced it was aliens (we will say nothing of what drugs may have helped in this situation, not my lifestyle). 

1 hour ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

That, or we can all have science discussions: What planet can be seen right now from the northern hemisphere? Was looking at the night sky earlier, and some funny stuff happened, one thing being that we discussed why one star was very bright and slightly colorful for about 5 minutes. I think it was Jupiter.

It all started when my sister was yelling at me to get outside. I think the world is ending. I find two grown people (her and her boyfriend) staring wide eyed and pointing up, asking me if I thought a blinking light going across the sky was a plane. She heavily implied it was aliens, I told her it was probably a satellite, but she remained convinced it was aliens (we will say nothing of what drugs may have helped in this situation, not my lifestyle). 

you can barely ever see satellites from earth. besides I don't think they have lights.

what was the light like?

20 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

It was a single white dot going across the sky, then it started flashing on and off. Tiny l

how fast did you think it was going? did you feel or hear anything weird or any of that stuff?

25 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

how fast did you think it was going? did you feel or hear anything weird or any of that stuff?

It was pretty high up there, no sounds or feelings, It took a minute or two to dissapear. If you held your thumb and index finger an inch apart and were looking at the sky, it took about maybe 2-3 seconds to make it across that space between

3 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

It was pretty high up there, no sounds or feelings, It took a minute or two to dissapear. If you held your thumb and index finger an inch apart and were looking at the sky, it took about maybe 2-3 seconds to make it across that space between

Too much light pollution in the city for me to see stars from my deck. Sometimes I see shooting stars at night while driving home from the US border. Nearly screwed me over twice.

4 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Too much light pollution in the city for me to see stars from my deck. Sometimes I see shooting stars at night while driving home from the US border. Nearly screwed me over twice.

I live in Oklahoma, but in a "city". It's a city to me, but it's nothing like a city someone from Miami or New York Or whatever might recognize. There's enough light pollution though that you can only see a few stars, even out here.

Are you border patrol?

14 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

What is your opinion on anime? I have been trying to get someone to bite on my idea of a crossover battle, but no one is interested

I enjoy anime.

I love stories, especially sci-fi and fantasy. Unfortunately, western society seems to have it set in its collective mind that animation is for kids only, and the truth of the matter is that live action special effects are expensive, so shows that really grab my imagination are few and far between over here.

I'm no weeb (dub casual here), but anime helps scratch an itch that western television fails to.

I also really enjoy the general art style, but that's another matter entirely.

As for your crossover battle, I'm still new to the thread so I've missed most of what's been happening. Judging just from your post with the sunsplosion picture a little while ago, I don't believe I'm familiar with the characters you're talking about.

Edited by Hortonman

5 minutes ago, Hortonman said:

I enjoy anime.

I love stories, especially sci-fi and fantasy. Unfortunately, western society seems to have it set in its collective mind that animation is for kids only, and the truth of the matter is that live action special effects are expensive, so shows that really grab my imagination are few and far between over here.

I'm no weeb (dub casual here), but anime helps scratch an itch that western television fails to.

I also really enjoy the general art style, but that's another matter entirely.

As for your crossover battle, I'm still new to the thread so I've missed most of what's been happening. Judging just from your post with the sunsplosion picture a little while ago, I don't believe I'm familiar with the characters you're talking about.

Azula/ Zuko from Atla (avatar the last airbender)

And Sasuke/ Itachi from Naruto shippuden would be fighting. 

Its a highly dramatized version of what would really happen, Sasuke would murder kill Zuko, and Azula, Itachi being there would be overkill.

So I have come up with counter measures, explanations, theories, and everything possible to prove they would have a fighting chance short of crazed math equations written over a giant chalk board. Of I had that knowledge and a giant chalk board, I'd be doing that too.

I also don't have the technical skill to accomplish this, to actually turn it into a video, so I just want to debate with people about it.

One day I will teach my self.

I want It to be as good as this.

18 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

twospoopiteefourme