The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pop culture/Anime theories,stories, mash ups and off topic chats~a chill cafe. Nerds welcome. Otakus needed.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

5 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Sentients adapt to damage....which is very very bad if you try everything and can't kill them right away your screwed.

Though it's a close fight gameplay wise(because cheese)

Lore wise Tenno win 

lore wise...ill give a number of how strong they bothe are generally because most conduits aren't as strong as Cole.

Tenno:12

conduits:8-10ish at Cole level 10

got to go work an MK Donald's now *puts on uniform*

Mk, I spent all day typing this, please read it :(.

This is going to be tough battle. But we have to do it right, and neither one of us can be the judge. Maybe Edge can be the judge?

Conduits would have a harder time in game because of tenno cheese, yes.

But lore wise, no....

Here is my defense on why.

Healing capabilities

Tenno

Use equipment to heal their bodies (most lack natural health regeneration) ~mods are counting as equipment in this scenario.

Have the ability to use life steal, shooting weapons and using melee. By attacking an enemy, they regain health.

And in this battle we are going to assume that power augment mods are just innate functions of the abilities, that's how disadvantaged Warframes are.

Oberon, Trinity, Valkyr, Equinox, Saryn, and Inaros that possess innate healing abilities....(am I missing someone?)

Conduits

All conduits heal by draing their respective element. 

All conduits heal by a certain amount of time passing without taking damage.

Conduits do not have a health bar, and the amount of damage They can sustain before death seems to generally stay the same (as enemies do not scale), relying instead on ever increasing offensive capabilities to gain the upper hand over their enemies, with slight defensive increases. 

Tenno +1

Energy regeneration

tenno

can regen energy through the use of euipment (mods counting as equipment). Most Warframes do not have innate energy regen, but can gain energy from dead enemies, as well as gaining energy from damage dealt to them.

Warframes that have natural Energy regen include Trinity and Limbo (i might be missing someone again...), but this requires them to use energy at the same time...

But a frame with no energy has access to any abilities.

Conduits

Do not naturally regenerate energy. All energy must be gathered from the surrounding environment.

But, any source of the element that that conduit controls will give back energy, even if that source is a living creature.

And, conduits have many abilities that cost no energy to them, parkour and enemy take downs included, so they can always use them.

(honestly...fetch might be able to get energy from the infested, with their luminescent body parts....just a thought...)

Conduits +1

Damage threshold

warframes

Many warframes can tank. Few do it well. Warframes have sheilds, ferrite armor and as far as I know, flesh health.

Armor can get up into the thousands. I would equate a warframe with 1000 Armor to be about as tough to take down as the ice behemoth in the video or a the giant D.U.P machine gun dude, except they are extremely mobile and can flip around.

Mobility also adds to survivability, even allowing Warframes to mitigate damage by rolling 

Warframes vs conduits is essentially iron man vs captain america, something like that...

Conduits 

Have normal human health. To an extent. They can survive explosives, ballistic weaponry, energy weapons, tons of weight crashing onto them, poison and tear gas wears off relatively quickly, etc. There is no real moment where you will ever be one shot killed as a conduit.

And conduits will always seven their health. Its just a question of how much a conduit can take. Wether a warframe could OHKO a conduit or not is a question of comparing numbers, numbers that you are not given from infamous because there is no health bar...I will have to do some in depth investigation into that...

But Tenno +1, because of the unknown

Mobility

Tenno

Parkour 2.0 gave us a lot more freedom in warframe, but I would rather have the movement from the tombs of the sentients video that was shown, if we are going off of lore...pick yours.

Conduits

While the first generation may be superior in damage out put(and that is up for debate), the second generation is superior in evasive capabilities. Every 2nd gen conduit has a dash ability, Most that in the correct situation, can travel far greater distance faster than any warframe besides possibly zephry. At any time, a dash will carry a conduit about as far as a max range rhino charge, but they can be chained infinitely, and some dashes can be continued infinitely and have no set range, and cost no energy, and can be used in tandem with parkour.

Conduits +1

Powers

Warframes

warframes have just 4 powers in game.

Many warframe powers rely on mass cc or damage out put. Finishers and stealth attacks can be triggered by warframe powers. These abilities used on a conduit may provide mixed results.

Some of which are very lacking in actual usefulness imho, which is the reason why I said augments will be considered an innate function of warframe abilities.

Lore wise, you hear about how mirage takes down multiple sentients, you hear about how mag went in on a worm ship alone with a busted up human beside her, but the game does not support these stories...and so you have to pick one or the other. In warframe trailersYou will see frames do different things with weapons and parkour, but very few frames actually have their abilities shown in video, possibly because DE hasn't figured out what it is they want each frame to be doing exactly, but volt and ash kind of break this theory.

There is an awesome fan fiction by a person named rosing here in our own forums that explains this is a limitation of the suit. But it also says that tenno are inside the suits.

Conduits

Conduits have skill trees. You unlock a new ability, and then that ability branches off with different effects like if warframe were to mix passive skill trees with their abilities.

Conduits have abilities that don't require any energy spent on their part.

Conduits have multiple ults.

The exact number of powers available to a conduit depends on their karma.

Good or bad, this is about the same difference I would imagine between a normal frame and an Umbra frame. Conduits cannot switch inbtween these powersets at will, so you get what you get, but each side usually only offers a slight difference.

A grudging plus +1 to tenno because of Aoe crowd control, but it's all speculation.

That's warframes 3, conduits 2 on my count, but there are many more points I havnt gone over yet, I just need to get off my phone :P

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
I kept using the word tenno, when i should have been saying warframe, but i wont change it.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Mk, I spent all day typing this, please read it :(.

This is going to be tough battle. But we have to do it right, and neither one of us can be the judge. Maybe Edge can be the judge?

Conduits would have a harder time in game because of tenno cheese, yes.

But lore wise, no....

Here is my defense on why.

Healing capabilities

Tenno

Use equipment to heal their bodies (most lack natural health regeneration) ~mods are counting as equipment in this scenario.

Have the ability to use life steal, shooting weapons and using melee. By attacking an enemy, they regain health.

And in this battle we are going to assume that power augment mods are just innate functions of the abilities, that's how disadvantaged Warframes are.

Oberon, Trinity, Valkyr, Equinox, Saryn, and Inaros that possess innate healing abilities....(am I missing someone?)

Conduits

All conduits heal by draing their respective element. 

All conduits heal by a certain amount of time passing without taking damage.

Conduits do not have a health bar, and the amount of damage They can sustain before death seems to generally stay the same (as enemies do not scale), relying instead on ever increasing offensive capabilities to gain the upper hand over their enemies, with slight defensive increases. 

Tenno +1

Energy regeneration

tenno

can regen energy through the use of euipment (mods counting as equipment). Most Warframes do not have innate energy regen, but can gain energy from dead enemies, as well as gaining energy from damage dealt to them.

Warframes that have natural Energy regen include Trinity and Limbo (i might be missing someone again...), but this requires them to use energy at the same time...

But a frame with no energy has access to any abilities.

Conduits

Do not naturally regenerate energy. All energy must be gathered from the surrounding environment.

But, any source of the element that that conduit controls will give back energy, even if that source is a living creature.

And, conduits have many abilities that cost no energy to them, parkour and enemy take downs included, so they can always use them.

(honestly...fetch might be able to get energy from the infested, with their luminescent body parts....just a thought...)

Conduits +1

Damage threshold

warframes

Many warframes can tank. Few do it well. Warframes have sheilds, ferrite armor and as far as I know, flesh health.

Armor can get up into the thousands. I would equate a warframe with 1000 Armor to be about as tough to take down as the ice behemoth in the video or a the giant D.U.P machine gun dude, except they are extremely mobile and can flip around.

Mobility also adds to survivability, even allowing Warframes to mitigate damage by rolling 

Warframes vs conduits is essentially iron man vs captain america, something like that...

Conduits 

Have normal human health. To an extent. They can survive explosives, ballistic weaponry, energy weapons, tons of weight crashing onto them, poison and tear gas wears off relatively quickly, etc. There is no real moment where you will ever be one shot killed as a conduit.

And conduits will always seven their health. Its just a question of how much a conduit can take. Wether a warframe could OHKO a conduit or not is a question of comparing numbers, numbers that you are not given from infamous because there is no health bar...I will have to do some in depth investigation into that...

But Tenno +1, because of the unknown

Mobility

Tenno

Parkour 2.0 gave us a lot more freedom in warframe, but I would rather have the movement from the tombs of the sentients video that was shown, if we are going off of lore...pick yours.

Conduits

While the first generation may be superior in damage out put(and that is up for debate), the second generation is superior in evasive capabilities. Every 2nd gen conduit has a dash ability, Most that in the correct situation, can travel far greater distance faster than any warframe besides possibly zephry. At any time, a dash will carry a conduit about as far as a max range rhino charge, but they can be chained infinitely, and some dashes can be continued infinitely and have no set range, and cost no energy, and can be used in tandem with parkour.

Conduits +1

Powers

Warframes

warframes have just 4 powers in game.

Many warframe powers rely on mass cc or damage out put. Finishers and stealth attacks can be triggered by warframe powers. These abilities used on a conduit may provide mixed results.

Some of which are very lacking in actual usefulness imho, which is the reason why I said augments will be considered an innate function of warframe abilities.

Lore wise, you hear about how mirage takes down multiple sentients, you hear about how mag went in on a worm ship alone with a busted up human beside her, but the game does not support these stories...and so you have to pick one or the other. In warframe trailersYou will see frames do different things with weapons and parkour, but very few frames actually have their abilities shown in video, possibly because DE hasn't figured out what it is they want each frame to be doing exactly, but volt and ash kind of break this theory.

There is an awesome fan fiction by a person named rosing here in our own forums that explains this is a limitation of the suit. But it also says that tenno are inside the suits.

Conduits

Conduits have skill trees. You unlock a new ability, and then that ability branches off with different effects like if warframe were to mix passive skill trees with their abilities.

Conduits have abilities that don't require any energy spent on their part.

Conduits have multiple ults.

The exact number of powers available to a conduit depends on their karma.

Good or bad, this is about the same difference I would imagine between a normal frame and an Umbra frame. Conduits cannot switch inbtween these powersets at will, so you get what you get, but each side usually only offers a slight difference.

A grudging plus +1 to tenno because of Aoe crowd control, but it's all speculation.

That's warframes 3, conduits 2 on my count, but there are many more points I havnt gone over yet, I just need to get off my phone :P

I read the first three lines and I'm telling you now I want really looking for a debate I was just really bored. Though since you did your research I will read it. Also yeah u pretty much agree with this but I believe conduits have well above natural human health somewhere around captain Americas vitality and durability mabye. But remember we don't know how durable WARFRAMES are compared to the modern days stuff(besides special enemies) conduits deal with. To be honest I think a conduit pretty much equals a Tenno in combat but the durability factor really screws the conduits.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

1 hour ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I read the first three lines and I'm telling you now I want really looking for a debate I was just really bored. Though since you did your research I will read it. Also yeah u pretty much agree with this but I believe conduits have well above natural human health somewhere around captain Americas vitality and durability mabye. But remember we don't know how durable WARFRAMES are compared to the modern days stuff(besides special enemies) conduits deal with. To be honest I think a conduit pretty much equals a Tenno in combat but the durability factor really screws the conduits.

Oh, I got carried away with that...yeah...

I am not clean:_( I wasn't even really paying attention, sorry guys.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed comment about moderation

i hate to sound like i'm going to shoot up a school right now, but recently i've been really, really salty for no explanation and in fact actually got my first grey hair yesterday and in all honesty I have no idea why i'm so stressed out.

oh my god i'm becoming one with tumblr help

Just now, TheMetrocop said:

i hate to sound like i'm going to shoot up a school right now, but recently i've been really, really salty for no explanation and in fact actually got my first grey hair yesterday and in all honesty I have no idea why i'm so stressed out.

go insult stupid blogs

7 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

Drink more tea? 

9 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

If you mention tumblr? Tumblr may be the issue.....STAY AWAY FROM T-THAT THING.

Though dive tried many things that haven't worked like hot baths, sleeping a lot and many other things but none of it worked. If you'd want to know my guaranteed solution pm me.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

2 hours ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

If you mention tumblr? Tumblr may be the issue.....STAY AWAY FROM T-THAT THING.

Though dive tried many things that haven't worked like hot baths, sleeping a lot and many other things but none of it worked. If you'd want to know my guaranteed solution pm me.

poor Dive.