Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Laser Rifle VS Prisma Burst Laser

bonamb

Question

Despite being quite an experienced player, I've never really got into sentinels until recently - mostly just running with the basic carrier.

In the last couple of weeks I've got my hands on a Wyrm prime, and a Prisma Shade (obvious reasons), and their corresponding weapons. I've found that I really like the Wyrm prime, in terms of its range, and knockdown (and fashionframe dang 10/tenno) - however, I cant decide between the Prisma Burst Laser or the Prime Laser Rifle to put on it. 

From the stats the PLR seems to be a crit weapon and uses primary mods (which are expensive, and I don't have a large amount of duplicates for stuff like heavy caliber) - and I dunno if the extra crit damage is worth it. 

The PBL seems to be a status weapon - which may be more useful with a sentinel, but slower fire rate and less damage. And it uses secondary mods. It, however, doesn't need to reload.  

Status would probs be better for more towards endgame - but idunno. 

Just wondering if somebody with more experience with sentinels (and their weapons) than me can gimmie a few tips. I don't want to start formaing until I know what I'm doing. 

tl;dr which is more effective, PLR or PBL?

4 answers to this question

I'm not gunna get into the "which is better" thing but I think I can offer some advice on the duplicate mods issue. I have 2 sentinel weapons that I have worked on with multiple formas and such, sweeper prime and the deth machine rifle, and I switch between them depending on what primary I am using to avoid duplicate mod issues. With that in mind I would avoid the prisma burst laser because that means having to work on duplicates and organising them properly since all secondarys use the same mods.

Edited by hybrid_demon

3 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

I'd say sweeper prime beats both, if you don't mind shotguns :P

Seemms he does mind since he didn't mention it.

I would go prisma burst laser. When not shooting at enemies yourself it can inflict gas procs on the corpus to get past there shields and help with saryns spores. Or strip armor from larger units while you hit them with a rad weapon. Secondary mods are easier to get and level. Currently only with a catalyst installed I have one element(gas) with about 100.6 dmg. The lack of reload makes it synergies well with overheat.

But then the accuracy isn't really 100 like it's stats suggest.