Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Exactly Does Banshee's Silence Work?

VentusDragoon

Question

I've always been a fan of Banshee as well as some other currently less-played frames, like Oberon, Mesa, and Equinox (Among others). I decided to get back into really working on her today after finally saving up enough plat to get her Deluxe skin, and I was working on several different builds. I started working on a build for more all around, that has good range, efficiency, and duration, but heavily negative damage. I also threw Savage Silence on as I figured it would help me kill High-health enemies rather well. However, when I actually got to trying to do that... nothing happened.

No matter how hard I try, Silence never procs the finisher command for some reason. If I have positive range it doesn't work, if I have negative range it doesn't work. If I have savage silence it doesn't work, doesn't work without either. Even if I activate the ability while standing directly behind the enemy, I can never get the prompt to show up. I see people like Quite Shallow and a few others run through things with Savage Silence, Void included, with very similar builds and everything and it works fine with them.

Is something currently broken with Silence or am I just missing something?

15 answers to this question

IDK if this is whats happening for sure, but silence finishers only work on the brief few seconds of clutching their ears and rocking back and forth. if you build range, your gonna want negative duration an high efficiency, OR high duration builds need low range. If your building all three I assume ur tryin to hold as many for as long as you can which sadly doesnt work.

...no idea what you expect but there is no specific command that popps up or anything. Combat finishers =/= sneaky stealth finishers. Just attack the staggered enemys.

And on a sidenote...try sonic fracture instead. I mean there most definitly are priority targets in the game where daggers (covert lethality, that's what it comes down to right?) are just better then armor depell but man, you have to play like forever to even get there and the teamwide effect is just better.

You get a rad dmg multiplier and CC outa a sonic build. The dmg with medicore weapons allready exceeds what any other frame/setup can even dream of. Does banshee rly need finishers that badly? Doubt it.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

This is why, if you read some of the builds, they suggest NOT putting lots of range on. First it causes enemies to start the stunning too far away for you to get to them in time (which can cause you to get beat down if they wake up while you are busy as there were too many of them). Second as was mentioned earlier, the finisher timing is a short window and finisher animations take time to complete. Basically you want it big enough that your next target is in range so you can chain from one to another. At least from what I read recently.

Also, you do not need the finisher animation to do good damage. If they are stunned/unalerted the vast majority of enemies will fall to a well built melee weapon's quick attack. This is how stealth focus farming is able to work. You run around invisible so they are unaware and AVOID finisher animation so you can pack more kills in a shorter time. The only enemies you want to do finishers on are ones like bombards who might not die in one hit and ruin your stealth affinity stacks. If you're unable to one hit things when they are stunned/unaware you sadly don't have the mods/gear you need to make the build function. You'll need to work on that and revisit the build later on at that point (which might be the problem you are running into, if you are relying on finisher damage to make kills). It is like trying to do hard/raid content in starter/white gear, you are just going to fail and be frustrated.

Edited by Wopel

11 hours ago, Wopel said:

This is why, if you read some of the builds, they suggest NOT putting lots of range on. First it causes enemies to start the stunning too far away for you to get to them in time (which can cause you to get beat down if they wake up while you are busy as there were too many of them).

This is what ranged weapons are for.  You can still get Stealth Kills using ranged weapons.  They just have to be powerful enough to one shot them.  Not really a problem with certain frames.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is what ranged weapons are for.  You can still get Stealth Kills using ranged weapons.  They just have to be powerful enough to one shot them.  Not really a problem with certain frames.  

You won't get any multipliers or damage boosts for ranged weapons though. Outside of throwing melees/redeemer but they aren't very good for stealth farming, because they can't kill a group at the same time, making other enemies nearby alerted.

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

You won't get any multipliers or damage boosts for ranged weapons though. Outside of throwing melees/redeemer but they aren't very good for stealth farming, because they can't kill a group at the same time, making other enemies nearby alerted.

You do get both of those with Ivara in Prowl.  Banshee's Sonar should have a similar effect also.   Silence +Sonar and throw in a good bow (Dread), you have a winner.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You do get both of those with Ivara in Prowl.  Banshee's Sonar should have a similar effect also.   Silence +Sonar and throw in a good bow (Dread), you have a winner.  :D

Yeah but this is about silence and it does not affect primaries and secondaries in any way.

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

Yeah but this is about silence and it does not affect primaries and secondaries in any way.

I will try to explain this for you.  

I gave a way to get Stealth mulitpliers from range when using Silence earlier in a post above.  

You said--

1 hour ago, Naftal said:

I then gave a way to get damage boosts by using the combination of Silence, Sonar, and a crit based weapon (Dread).  

My posts were about getting stealth kills from range (Primary/Secondary weapons) while you have Silence active.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction for typo

42 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I will try to explain this for you.  

I gave a way to get Stealth mulitpliers from range when using Silence earlier in a post above.  

You said--

I then gave a way to get damage boosts by using the combination of Silence, Sonar, and a crit based weapon (Dread).  

My posts were about getting stealth finishers from range (Primary/Secondary weapons) while you have Silence active.  

Stealth finishers don't exist for primaries and secondaries. They receive NO stealth bonus damage whatsoever. They can only get stealth xp multiplier.

Sonar etc. boost damage but have nothing to do with stealth damage.

Again, silence does nothing for primaries and secondaries.

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Again, silence does nothing for primaries and secondaries.

Silence
Using Silence surrounds Banshee in an aura that stuns enemies and will limit their perceptions and tactical response to gunfire and Warframe attacks.

Directly from the wiki.  I don't see how this doesn't do anything for Primary/secondary and melee.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Also, I didn't say Stealth Finishers.  I did say Stealth kills/Multipliers.  

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Silence
Using Silence surrounds Banshee in an aura that stuns enemies and will limit their perceptions and tactical response to gunfire and Warframe attacks.

Directly from the wiki.  I don't see how this doesn't do anything for Primary/secondary and melee.  Maybe I'm missing something. 

Yes they make enemies in range deaf so they don't hear gunfire, this is the only interaction with guns. It does not increase their damage.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Also, I didn't say Stealth Finishers.  I did say Stealth kills/Multipliers.  

51 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

My posts were about getting stealth finishers from range (Primary/Secondary weapons) while you have Silence active.  

Edited by Naftal

15 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I never said or implied you couldn't.

I did say that large range is a drawback and why.