Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime Build

Darth-Buldge

Question

8 answers to this question

JQ9w9Ug.png

d6KzwzV.png

So basically, this is what I recommend for a 'go-to' Ember Prime build.

For me, I usually play Ember when I am rushing through exterminates, whether it be void keys or alerts, meaning the enemies are fairly weak. Other times, would be half-afking in an ODD or T1/2/3 Survivals (and extracting at 20mins solo.)

Now, onto the build...

Aura:
Naramon due to the vast majority of USEFUL auras that possess this polarity, but in this case I just switch between: Enemy Radar and Corrosive Projection.

As aforementioned, this particular ember is just used for low-leveled missions, and thus you tend not to stay in any mission beyond two C rotations.

Anyone who has ever played Ember, knows she doesn't scale particularly well relative to most frames. HOWEVER, if you still wish to bring her beyond the two C rotations, you can do so with... Firequake! This augment allows you to constantly cc the surrounding area, if only one enemy at a time.

I always try to throw in a Primed Flow, because I don't think you can ever have too much energy, especially on a energy-hungry frame like Ember.

Energy Conversion is always a great choice on frames with toggle-abilities because it gives the toggled ability an extra 50% power strength until it ends.

Firewalker is there because... Ember is fire.

---- ---- ---- ---- ----

However, if you're more interested in a more 'effective' build, you can look at the following build...

fWuTrea.png

hycdcbP.png

This build drains energy at 3.46 energy/sec. So I can understand how many will shy away from this. However, this energy drain doesn't really affect me, because I possess an energize set. Even with a set ranked at level 2, the drain is barely noticeable. I also don't implement mods that improve hp/shields, because I know I won't be bringing her into a game beyond two C rotations.

If you compare this build, and the one listed all the way at the top, the only difference is that instead of Vitality, I have a Blind Rage.

If you have anymore questions, I am happy to answer them.

Note:
With Ember, you want to use weapons that have +heat damage. For example, you want weapons with the combination of: Corrosive/Viral + Heat, in order to maximize accelerant's effect. You also don't want to constantly spam accelerant.

Edited by ---Shadowless---

One that is non-Exilus using requires only two forma (for Ember Prime).

Corrosive Projection (reduced armor means more damage. For infested go Energy Siphon. Also Forma here)

Intensify

Fleeting Expertise

Streamline

Vitality

Redirection (Forma)

Stretch (can be swapped for Firequake)

Primed Flow

Primed Continuity

I use my Ember fairly often and find this to be very effective. Hope I helped! CC or range, good efficiency, and good enough damage.

VA2NTTK.jpg

If you don't have Energy Conversion you can use Intensify (it would require 1 less forma too that way). You can also use a rank 4 fleeting expertise, since at max rank it only shaves off 0.02 energy cost from World on Fire but you lose a couple of seconds from Accelerant and Fire Blast.

7 hours ago, ---Shadowless--- said:

JQ9w9Ug.png

d6KzwzV.png

So basically, this is what I recommend for a 'go-to' Ember Prime build.

For me, I usually play Ember when I am rushing through exterminates, whether it be void keys or alerts, meaning the enemies are fairly weak. Other times, would be half-afking in an ODD or T1/2/3 Survivals (and extracting at 20mins solo.)

Now, onto the build...

Aura:
Naramon due to the vast majority of USEFUL auras that possess this polarity, but in this case I just switch between: Enemy Radar and Corrosive Projection.

As aforementioned, this particular ember is just used for low-leveled missions, and thus you tend not to stay in any mission beyond two C rotations.

Anyone who has ever played Ember, knows she doesn't scale particularly well relative to most frames. HOWEVER, if you still wish to bring her beyond the two C rotations, you can do so with... Firequake! This augment allows you to constantly cc the surrounding area, if only one enemy at a time.

I always try to throw in a Primed Flow, because I don't think you can ever have too much energy, especially on a energy-hungry frame like Ember.

Energy Conversion is always a great choice on frames with toggle-abilities because it gives the toggled ability an extra 50% power strength until it ends.

Firewalker is there because... Ember is fire.

---- ---- ---- ---- ----

However, if you're more interested in a more 'effective' build, you can look at the following build...

fWuTrea.png

hycdcbP.png

This build drains energy at 3.46 energy/sec. So I can understand how many will shy away from this. However, this energy drain doesn't really affect me, because I possess an energize set. Even with a set ranked at level 2, the drain is barely noticeable. I also don't implement mods that improve hp/shields, because I know I won't be bringing her into a game beyond two C rotations.

If you compare this build, and the one listed all the way at the top, the only difference is that instead of Vitality, I have a Blind Rage.

If you have anymore questions, I am happy to answer them.

Note:
With Ember, you want to use weapons that have +heat damage. For example, you want weapons with the combination of: Corrosive/Viral + Heat, in order to maximize accelerant's effect. You also don't want to constantly spam accelerant.

what is that mod energy conversion?

2 hours ago, Fluttershy750 said:

what is that mod energy conversion?

Energy Conversion

Basically: Energy Conversion is a Warframe mod that increases Power Strength for the next ability cast after picking up an energy orb. At max rank it gives a bonus 50% power strength. (Essentially another Transient Fortitude, but without the duration loss.)

My build is pretty different:

52% Duration

175% Efficiency

160% Range

185% Strenght

Thats for a 740dmg on a 24m range, with only 1.14 energy/s. Which in my opinion is much better.

Can be improved, because I dont have installed Primed Continuity and I have both Vitality and Redirection.

Changing redirection for Overextended the numbers are 500dmg on a 37.5m range with the same 1.14 energy/s. Which is still much better than Shadowless first build. (( +dmg +range and - energy/s ))

Edited by ViSo36

9 hours ago, ViSo36 said:

My build is pretty different:

52% Duration

175% Efficiency

160% Range

185% Strenght

Thats for a 740dmg on a 24m range, with only 1.14 energy/s. Which in my opinion is much better.

Can be improved, because I dont have installed Primed Continuity and I have both Vitality and Redirection.

Changing redirection for Overextended the numbers are 500dmg on a 37.5m range with the same 1.14 energy/s. Which is still much better than Shadowless first build. (( +dmg +range and - energy/s ))

It might be because you and I have different play styles. When I play a frame, I try to push it to its maximum limit.

So in this context, if your ember can have close to 100% energy for the duration of the mission, then it is pretty clear that she can be further pushed. That's why I implement blind rages into my build, even if the runs don't go beyond two C rotations.

I took the liberty of trying to mod for your stats, this is what I think you had in mind/is your build:

230GE3h.png

As mentioned before, this is probably a better ember if you don't have arcanes, due to its more 'energy efficient' state. But it doesn't have firequake, nor firewalker. :(

Or maybe this build isn't your build, however let's assume that the above build is yours.

The only issues I have with this (note that these issues do not apply to everyone) are, the lack of:

- Primed Flow

- Firewalker

- Firequake

To me, playing primed frames without Primed Flow, is wasting a lot of potential energy that you could've had from interacting with orokin orbs, or just picking it off the ground. It is also a waste to me because I have an Arcane Energize set on my Ember Prime's helmet, so there is a lot of energy waste just from that. However, if you don't play with an energize set on your Ember Prime or abuse the orokin orbs, then feel free to use ViSo's build.

Ember Prime without firewalker is sad. :(

However, I know not everyone likes bullet jump mods, but I feel is you're going to play ember through alerts and captures/exterminates, you might as well move fast.

FWIW, here's my general-purpose build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Stretch, Overextended
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise (R4)
Transient Fortitude, Firequake
Primed Continuity, Vitality

Yeah, only 95% Strength, but so what, cheap CC (not just from Firequake but also Accelerant's stun)
and constant damage bombardment over a huge area, it does (more than) fine in pretty much any mission
(Naramon's Shadow Step can be huge help when facing CC-immune enemies, argh Nullifier swarm).

If you still want more damage, just replace Overextended with Intensify, and maybe Enemy Sense with Power / Cunning Drift.