Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potatoing

BrattyMesugaki

Well, the Daily Login Reward gave me a blue potato BP, i'm already crafting it.

So, the title says everything.

I have Paris(22), Boltor(still 18 lol) and Gorgon(26)

I love to use everything(I have a maxed Thunderbolt >:D), but I still don't know what to upgrade.

My useful mods: 

• Thunderclap Lvl 2

• Hellfire Lvl 3

• Stormbringer Lvl 2

• Speed Triger Lvl 4

• Fast Hands Maxed

• Cryo Rounds Lvl 2

• Vital Sense Lvl 2

• Serration Lvl 6

• Ammo Drum Maxed

• Magazine Warp Maxed

• Thunderbolt Maxed

I use everything for defense(Xini), Gorgon for kill bosses, Paris to rush and Boltor to go slowly and loot everything.

What should I potato? :D

Also, I have a Fang crafted this morning, already lvl 17, incredible against Grineer.

Edited by TabooARGIE

I supercharged the paris.

I find it quite fun.

Speed trigger = Quicker bow Draw.

Reload time = Faster arrow Draw

It's already ammo efficient. It is quite fun to use.

Armor piercing + Headshots = LOL Damage.

*If you PvP* it stunlocks if you charge the arrow or not.

It can get 2-3 targets at once if In a line. *Mainly grineer because they fly better*

It is armor ignoring and the wiki even says "It's a beast vs grineer" If you are against infested thunderbolt clears up any uselessness.

Edit: I have speed trigger, cryoround, multishot, serration, armor piercing, and crit chance on at all times. I can "Instant shoot" anything up to level 25 as long as it's not an elite. With crits even without crit damage I can get 500 damage *before element mods*. And don't forget about multishot doubling that.

Edited by Hayden11121

Of your list, I would say Boltor. Gorgon REALLY needs one imho for quality of life reasons like reload speed and firing rate (to spool up to full speed faster) but you may like Supra better. Don't potato Pairs because Dread is a straight up upgrade.

Also consider that in the march for rank you're going to level some really crappy/hard to use weapons. I could not imagine leveling Grakata without a potato. Same with any single dagger. Boar. If you're doing fine without one you might want to just save it for when you feel you need one to move forward without it being annoying.

You should potato Boltor in my opinin, paris is a style weapon and you have to compete for kills while using paris (my experince) but in the long run boltor will serve you better for instance if you go to a high wave defense mission you are going to do crap damage to them The DPS for is too low compared to boltor

Of your list, I would say Boltor. Gorgon REALLY needs one imho for quality of life reasons like reload speed and firing rate (to spool up to full speed faster) but you may like Supra better. Don't potato Pairs because Dread is a straight up upgrade.

Also consider that in the march for rank you're going to level some really crappy/hard to use weapons. I could not imagine leveling Grakata without a potato. Same with any single dagger. Boar. If you're doing fine without one you might want to just save it for when you feel you need one to move forward without it being annoying.

Dread does more damage to light targets.

Does not ignore armor.

That is flawed in nature because the bow is the same draw speed, and most light targets are easy to kill as is.

Dread does more damage to light targets.

Does not ignore armor.

That is flawed in nature because the bow is the same draw speed, and most light targets are easy to kill as is.

Having taken both to 30, I can't say I agree. I don't remember much of anything surviving a charge shot from either in the basic/light enemy category and armored enemies always seemed to take more damage from Dread as expected,  I see on the wiki it says one ignores and the other doesn't, but I'm pretty sure both Paris and Dread ignores armor at a full draw and don't ignore armor with no draw (snap shot), If not it does so much damage on a full draw nothing ever survived it anyway.

I will test dread on some lv0 Mercury Grineer when I get home. If it ignores armor a full charge should do the same damage to the head and the body, right? Head has no armor and the body does.

Edited by VKhaun

Having taken both to 30, I can't say I agree. I see on the wiki it says one ignores and the other doesn't, but I'm pretty sure Dread ignores armor at a full draw. If not it does so much damage on a full draw nothing ever survived it anyway.

I will test dread on some lv0 Mercury Grineer when I get home. If it ignores armor a full charge should do the same damage to the head and the body, right? Head has no armor and the body does.

Please do. It would be great to finally bust this myth.

Having taken both to 30, I can't say I agree. I don't remember much of anything surviving a charge shot from either in the basic/light enemy category and armored enemies always seemed to take more damage from Dread as expected,  I see on the wiki it says one ignores and the other doesn't, but I'm pretty sure both Paris and Dread ignores armor at a full draw and don't ignore armor with no draw (snap shot), If not it does so much damage on a full draw nothing ever survived it anyway.

Dread doesn't ignore armor, but it does 50% more charge damage than the Paris, which is what your other damage mods will be based off of. So even if the base damage of the weapon is reduced due to armor, all your damage mods will hit much harder with Dread. Plus it has a chance to completely shred an enemy in half, or rip their torso off and leave the legs behind as a warning to his friends, and that's just damn satisfying.

Edited by Suzaku4489

I can't really cite it, other than speaking from experience. I went into Kappa to grind levels for my Dread, had only a 135% serration mod, and charged body shots hit for 136. And the wiki says that Paris' charged damage is 100, while Dread's charge is 150.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Paris

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dread

Sorry I'm slow. 150 is indeed 50% higher than 100. I just thought of it as a mechanics comment when I first read it, rather than just a note about stats. Sorry.

I have both paris and boltor supercharged, both of them with high and/or maxed mods, I enjoy the boltor a lot more.

Paris is nice if you're the snipy type (yes I'm aware it can be used at close range, try to outdo a boltor there with your paris though...) but I'm the "run and headsmash into things while shrieking like a manic patient" type - I would even go as far as to say that I would beat a grineer with another grineer given the option to.

So my vote goes to the spam gun.