Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Bladestorm mechanics

PhoenixKing007

Question

Greetings fellow tenno,

I am currently in the process of constructing an Ash Prime in my foundry. I have been looking at help from fellow tenno on how to best mod the frame in order to maximise its utility. However, I have come across many, confused and sometimes conflicting knowledge about the operations of this pariticular frame's ultimate ability.

Could you kindly explain how the bladestorm is affected besides strength and range mods? Does the damage of the equipped melee weapon and/or the mods on it for e.g elemental damage or spoiled strike or critical chance/damage affect the speed/damage on the bladestorm? I have heard that only weapon speed mods like fury and berserker affect it...could you kindly clarify this.

Also, could you suggest a build of your choice for Ash, if so suits you.

Thank you for your time Tenno, I wish you the best in your journey. Lotus guide us.

7 answers to this question

I'll just leave this here.

F4c90dI.png

His Bladestorm will be changed soon however, as it is a "Press 4 to Win!" ability. And since it basically voids the need to press/mod for anything other than itself. Below is my mod loadout for maximized Power Strength (nearly) a bit of Range and some Efficiency.

43ncTO5.jpg

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Animation speed is affected by melee weapon speed mods except Berserker. Bodycount and Rising Storm increase the combo counter time.

The combo counter allows the ability to have attacks on the counter do more damage at successive thresholds.

Everyone will have a different build method for Ash tbh. Since you mentioned Blade storm you are going to hear a ton of different information relating to BS only builds.

I am going to cut against the grain and suggest you build with: Vit, Stretch, Streamline, Intensify,  and Rage to start. After that you will need to decide what type of ash you want to be.

If you are going to use all of your skills then add desired augment(s) (Seeking shuriken is nice, Fatal Teleport is ok) and fleeting expertise (If only one augment is equipped then add possible duration mod to soak up some of the duration loss from Fleeting(or don't).

If you are going to ride smoke screen all mission then add duration mods instead (or just get a Loki). Alternately arcane trickery or naramon for the invis as well.

For BS builds you build for more strength so would add transient and drop the duration mod. I would personally keep at least seeking shuriken on.

For teleport builds switch Seeking Shuriken out for Fatal Teleport or dump the duration mod for a 2nd augment.   

I like Lifestrike and use it on my melee as HP replacement. One could also use hp restore gear or the furis with the sancti augment. 

So basically you have 5 augments that I would say are mandatory.

Use the last 3 to accentuate what you plan to do with him.  

playing ash feels like playing heavy rain and sucks at it then let your little brother plays it for you while you watch, while using the augs fells actually like playing heavy rain without your brother playing it for you.  

as long its viable, no complains though.