The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I just want to point out something related to how Warframe changed

You know why most stop playing by MR3?

Not Nitain, but because they hit the wall of no frame and weapon slots and don't want to spend money or toss a weapon.... Or the rank up test is merely too hard, it was rather funny seeing the random complaints after they made some Easier that they were too hard.

6 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Not Nitain, but because they hit the wall of no frame and weapon slots and don't want to spend money or toss a weapon.... Or the rank up test is merely too hard, it was rather funny seeing the random complaints after they made some Easier that they were too hard.

Ironically, I could probably pass the older MR8 test because it has solid edges for platforms. This new one, I'll might be MR7 forever. :(

Ok new player here. About 70 hours in over around 2 weeks, MR5.

My "new player experience" with this game is pretty good overall, with some things that could be improved of course. The first time up to around MR2-3 was kinda boring, having no clue about anything and not many possibilities in terms of crafting or warframe/weapon selection. I started out with Mag and used my starter gear for quite some time, randomly progressing through the first quests and planets. I was lucky to get a 75% off coupon as one of the first daily rewards and used it to buy some platinum. Also I discovered trading and now the game kinda opened up to me: I met some really nice people who gave me some of the essential mods either for free or very cheap. After finishing around 6 planets I can craft most of the items I find blueprints for very easily or with minimal farming (like 1-2 extra missions). I have plenty resources for most stuff, I'm mostly capped on credits when it comes to crafting. I also farmed and built Valkyr (simple to play but fun) and Rhino (didn't play him yet) and bought Ivara for plat (my fav frame so far). Now I have a pretty nice selection of frames and weapons with different play styles, which makes the game fun for me.

I do have goals in terms of weapons and warframes, but I don't feel that I need to rush anything. I mostly craft what blueprints I find on my way through the star chart, knowing that it contributes to my MR as everything else does. Also I might find something that I actually like. I like experimenting with new stuff. Also I don't feel forced into specific missions or mission types just for the sake of efficiency. I like just killing stuff with style. I do that mostly solo and preferably in the mission types I like most (exterminate, spy, sabotage, rescue, capture) and that nets me enough of mostly anything (credits could be a bit more though).

I do alerts when they pop up while I'm playing. I know from reading forums that Nitain is rather rare so I do those alerts whenever possible, but I have yet to come across anything that requires it. 

The ingame tutorials felt very basic. I'm regularly checking the wiki for more information, especially on where/how to find specific mods or resources. But that's really like any other online game. One thing that I think the game should definitely cover via ingame tutorials is explaining the endless mission rewards system. Also there could be more general pointers to game features like "oh look there's not only kubrows but also sentinels" and "you should go to a relay and check out those syndicates at MR3".

24 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

The rank up tests so far were easy, but I agree that the time before I could actually craft a second frame or a better weapon felt pretty long.

I think many people quitting early is also the nature of F2P games: Everybody can try it but not everybody gets hooked.

Edited by Nivaya

The trading part killed me, sounded like a witch seducing a hero in a fairytale. The hero the noob and the witch the vet. I chuckled quite a bit in my head I actually smiled. On a serious note the grind is gettting obscene in several areas with rewards starting to look pointless. I dont do sorties because I already have all the stuff they have on offer(thank goodness), have no focks to give to focus farming and now DE wants me to stop bothering with new content with weapons like sibear and frames like vauban coming out.