Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A rework for channeling

GTX49

Now we know most of us don't use channeling when it comes to mele, but only when we have "Life Strike" mod installed, so i thought about this.

What if channeling embodies the weapon with void power drained from the focus meter instead of our energy, and the weapon starts dealing Void Damage with buffing our weapon's damage output, but reduces the weapon speed by a certain percentage.

Tell me what you guys think, and tell if there are other suggestions that could revive the channeling system.

Edited by GTX49

We need different channeling damage values for different melee types, that's all I think we need. I also don't want to have my weapons slowed when I already deal so much damage without it. My Fragor Prime is already show enough. X3

Another idea would be removing Life Strike and adding a life steal mechanic to melee channeling? Just a thought.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

7 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Another idea would be removing Life Strike and adding a life steal mechanic to melee channeling? Just a thought.

True since we only use channeling when we have life strike installed

14 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Channeled into Weapons Feedback.

Anyway, what do you mean by Void Damage? Would it simply be the buff/debuff you described, or would it be its own actual damage type?

Think it would be interesting to have it as its own damage type, a fairly neutral damage type with all fields being +5%-25% to the various shield/armor/flesh types. Essentially allowing melee to bypass RESISTANCES only while channeling. Otherwise it would work like channeling does now, increasing the melee damage on its own as well. However that's imho which is fully against any slowing of attack speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of exploring void energy  derived from the suit into more general abilities for warframes as well as sides grades from channeling rather than straight damage. Letting us extend range of the weapon or store damage spent blocking into a sword strike or blast would be cool ideas.

To me, the main thing that should be looked at is the cost of channeling.

Compare the channeling of using the Furax Wraith vs the Fragor Prime. Both have the highest Channeling Muliplier, but they both cost the same when using them, with a rather large gap in bang for the buck.

I feel that Channeling costs should be reduced for some weapons, like Sparring, Fists, Daggers, etc. to something like 1, 2 energy per hit, maybe 0.5, with Hammers and Heavy Blades having an increased energy cost... with an exception. The amount of energy should be different for some of them, like the Magistar looks easier to swing around then a Jat Kittag, so it should cost less. Galatine and Gram are giant Swords, where as the Scindo and Scindo Prime are both giant axes, so the swords should be less then the axes... with the possible exception of the War since it is Impact based... and possibly its relation to the Sentients....

Add to that some weapons maybe getting elemental damage added like some Sparring weapons getting bonus heat damage, and possibly having the end result of energy cost determined by a frames Power Efficiency.

a minor thing, a channeling mod who don't destroy the body, really annoying for desecrate

for the rework: either consume less power , boost the damage in order to match ranged weapon or more (since you take more risk to go melee you may get more reward for this) ,or add an power bar on it ,different base canalisation damage /cost

but what i think that will attract the players, especially the veterant, it's something more rewarding than ranged weapon but with more risk/effort, parry damage is good but only when the main objective is to hold on/ survive, not while defending an objective foe may not focus you