The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Concept

ZeroLiger

Personally, I find Volt currently as is (prior to update) one of the best balance frames there is. He's not godlike, nor is he useless. I just love his spammable Shock ability because it saves in a pinch when reloading. His speed is great for Sabotages, shield is well balanced where it's incredibly useful if placed and held right. Or incredibly useless if you use it at the wrong time and at the wrong place. His Ult though, I love it "when" it works. I think just give that bad boy an iframe and I'd be pretty content.

3 hours ago, ZeroLiger said:

I actually only learn about the Riot shield after I made this post. Didn't watch Devstream 73 before this were they talk about it, only 72. I must say I'd be very contented with the Riot Shield mechanic you take so much agro from running its great I also believe his passive is one of the more useful ones depending on how much dmg it is. I'm only concerned with his damage coming from shock now, it's his only direct damaging ability outside his ultimate one (4) and it's damage is sht at higher levels.

Didn't they state that his overload would drain the health of enemies caught by it and use THAT for damage?  Or something like that?  If so, his 4 is going to be dealing pretty good  damage.  His shock can also charge enemies that are under the effects of his 4.  The only question is how long it will last, because they were talking in the Devstream about it when they were showing it off and that is something they brought up.  As far as shock...  It's never been a damage dealing ability, just a one-handed CC move that you could throw out to keep yourself from being annihilated while reloading... or ect.

@Goodwill After the update, Cast volt's shield, pick it up (use it as a riot shield)  and then cast 4.  You won't be totally vulnerable if you position yourself right with the shield.

Edited by achromos

5 hours ago, ZeroLiger said:

I actually only learn about the Riot shield after I made this post. Didn't watch Devstream 73 before this were they talk about it, only 72. I must say I'd be very contented with the Riot Shield mechanic you take so much agro from running its great I also believe his passive is one of the more useful ones depending on how much dmg it is. I'm only concerned with his damage coming from shock now, it's his only direct damaging ability outside his ultimate one (4) and it's damage is sht at higher levels.

that and an increase to stun time that is affected by duration

2 hours ago, achromos said:

Didn't they state that his overload would drain the health of enemies caught by it and use THAT for damage?  Or something like that?  If so, his 4 is going to be dealing pretty good  damage.  His shock can also charge enemies that are under the effects of his 4.  The only question is how long it will last, because they were talking in the Devstream about it when they were showing it off and that is something they brought up.  As far as shock...  It's never been a damage dealing ability, just a one-handed CC move that you could throw out to keep yourself from being annihilated while reloading... or ect.

@Goodwill After the update, Cast volt's shield, pick it up (use it as a riot shield)  and then cast 4.  You won't be totally vulnerable if you position yourself right with the shield.

plus if they buff speed so that it creates after images that enemies shoot at while running.......

i'd say volt's survivability in game in guaranteed near impossible to kill (except bombards cause you know) 

I'm rather upset with the change to Speed (to a drop). It's going to cause all kinds of problems for no benefit. And the excuse given (allies complaining about the FoV change when affects them) is a verifiable misrepresentation. Speed does not change allies FoV. You can test it yourself. It did, once upon a time, almost a year and half ago, for about a week. The visual effect was removed from allies because people actually did complain then. Like really complained, it was noticeable activity on the forums.

This is going to be a headache of allies.

1. If the Volt is ahead, they now have to adjust their movement path to intercept the pickup point, which if it's the same size as the Focus pick-up would very well be cleanly missed. This breaks the flow of movement for the squad member.
  2. If the Volt is at the rear of the squad, but not out of Old/Current Speed's range, it is only useful for Volt to catch up and then requires a recast (if it can even be recast in this new inferior version), which brings back up #1. Worse, squad members may feel compelled to backtrack to grab the Speed pick, which is an even worse disruption.
  3. If the Volt is in a non-linear fight, such as a Boss fight or a larger Trial(raid) arena, squad members will really need to go out of their way to pickup the buff.

This is a direct and hard nerf to Speed as a Squad power. For no benefit .

Edited by Brasten

39 minutes ago, Brasten said:

And the excuse given (allies complaining about the FoV change when affects them) is a verifiable misrepresentation.

I dislike other volt players randomly changing my speed

I dislike my own volt changing my fov

These are separate arguments 

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

I dislike other volt players randomly changing my speed

I dislike my own volt changing my fov

These are separate arguments 

And were given as a single argument on the dev stream talking about the change. The complaint listed was allies of Volt not liking the FoV change (which is the one thing that doesn't happen). Volt isn't the only warframe handing out unwanted buffs that people wish to opt out of (in the minority). Time would have been better spent by DE working on a solution as a general option. Not nerfing Speed specially. I have never had anyone ask me to try and avoid buffing them with speed.

57 minutes ago, Brasten said:

And were given as a single argument on the dev stream talking about the change. The complaint listed was allies of Volt not liking the FoV change (which is the one thing that doesn't happen). Volt isn't the only warframe handing out unwanted buffs that people wish to opt out of (in the minority). Time would have been better spent by DE working on a solution as a general option. Not nerfing Speed specially. I have never had anyone ask me to try and avoid buffing them with speed.

I don't recall them even mentioning fov until the workshop thread, and I watched DS72 5 times.