Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else getting burned out on the Grind?

xX_Eyesore_Xx

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2016 at 9:51 AM, Fifield said:

Most of the grindwalls only exist for people who insist on grinding.  Don't be one of them.  Go play something else.  Better yet, go outside, it's summer FFS.

it's not summer everywhere, but if it is summer for you, yes... 

solution to WF grind? play one of the 10,000 other games available. 

On 5/24/2016 at 8:50 PM, -CM-Voltage said:

2 Amazing games have just been released: Battleborn and Overwatch. (DO NOT ARGUE WHICH IS BETTER JESUS ITS 2 DIFFERENT GAMES FOR HEK SAKE) Try those out. Battleborn just released a huge past last night and man it is fun. I am not a fan of Overwatch but that doesn't mean no one likes it. Try other games, fallout 4 got a new dlc. 

Yes! Overwatch is freaking fun with friends; nothing beats playing a game where all you do is use "strategery" to compose a good team balance and then wipe the opposing team. Hell even losing is fun sometimes if only because you have those "Play of the Day" scene clip at the end of a match. Haven't placed trust on anything Gearbox makes unless it's Borderlands. They can't make a good game outside of Borderlands in my opinion. BUT my friends won't shut up about Battleborn, so I might change my mind in a few days.

As for Fallout 4, the DLC was lackluster up until Far Harbor. The plot was lacking in vanilla, but the DLC and player made mods make the game so much more fun. You can never have too much fun in a Bethesda game when you have mods and DLC.

As for my own two cents, OP should consider playing other game modes to supplement their WF experience. I recently tried PvP/Conclave, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. There's also #FASHIONFRAME, and if this doesn't make the grind burnout fade out, then pick up any game that recently got updates or got released. Seriously. I picked up DOOM and Overwatch.

32 minutes ago, pikaseechu said:

Yes! Overwatch is freaking fun with friends; nothing beats playing a game where all you do is use "strategery" to compose a good team balance and then wipe the opposing team. Hell even losing is fun sometimes if only because you have those "Play of the Day" scene clip at the end of a match. Haven't placed trust on anything Gearbox makes unless it's Borderlands. They can't make a good game outside of Borderlands in my opinion. BUT my friends won't shut up about Battleborn, so I might change my mind in a few days.

As for Fallout 4, the DLC was lackluster up until Far Harbor. The plot was lacking in vanilla, but the DLC and player made mods make the game so much more fun. You can never have too much fun in a Bethesda game when you have mods and DLC.

As for my own two cents, OP should consider playing other game modes to supplement their WF experience. I recently tried PvP/Conclave, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. There's also #FASHIONFRAME, and if this doesn't make the grind burnout fade out, then pick up any game that recently got updates or got released. Seriously. I picked up DOOM and Overwatch.

lol, a sure cure for WF grind burnout: play another game or three :)

I've taken several breaks in the past to avoid burnout. Came back in U18-13, now I'm away again until U19. Plus, I don't grind unless I can make it somewhat enjoyable, like farming for Ivara with nice people - I believe the first step towards fighting this grindy exhaustion is admitting that you don't need all those hard to get items and your time should be spent elsewhere, having fun. (I must have  built like 2 prime weaps and as many frames in over a year).