Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sedna, Merrow, & Kela for newbies

JohnnyQuantum

Question

I've completed Phobos and most of Sedna, have 100 judgment points, and am OK with level 20-30 content. I don't have the nav segment, but I've even done some missions on the next planet Uranus thanks to quests (Darvo/Clem).

Kela is level 24-28 content, so in theory should be manageable. But in reading some posts, I get the impression she is quite tough to beat, particularly for the planet she is on. In the past, without the judgment cost point per attempt, I wouldn't even bother asking, but with the current setup on Sedna/Morrow, would like to be prepared.

Should I even attempt it now, or wait - perhaps continue past Phobos and do that branch of the star chart first? I love in-game lore and would really like to do the quests on the Sedna side of the start chart, but realise I may have to postpone them.

Any recommended setups (warframe, weapons, mods, companions etc.)?

Any recommended tactics?

I never see any open groups, is it solo-able?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

It is quite manageable, as long as you kill rollers that are above the "arena." The first puzzle part is the hardest IMO, requiring you to stand on a button while being hit by rollers, ad waiting for a target to pop up.

I recommend Rhino (CC immunity), Nezha (CC immunity), Loki (Invisibility), Valkyr (to some extent), Ivara (invisibility).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also recommend the ff. weapons:

A weapon (hit-scan preferably) that has low recoil and pretty okay accuracy, to handle the "puzzle" part (wiki it or play it by ear/eyes).

A weapon (high damage in general), to answer to Kela de Thaym herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do the ff. tactics (solo):

- Enter the first part of the puzzle (platform going down, number of buttons lit depending on player count, spawns rollers), then solve the puzzle (wiki it if needed). Use CC immunity/invisibility to have an easier time.

- Once you go up, start pumping Kela with lead, staying above the arena (2 floors) and killing rollers whenever you get the chance. Kela de Thaym tends to jump around and knock down nearby tenno.

- Once she reaches a certain threshold, she goes back to her balcony and will start throwing orbital strikes (time between strikes are stated). You have to solve the puzzle here (wiki it as needed). It is slightly similar to the first part though, except they are disabled while bombardment is on the way. Her bombardments HURT, but are telegraphed, so start dodging them like a ninja. Explosions around the arena can do cold procs, so mind those as well.

- Once the puzzle is solved, she leaves her balcony for round 2. I usually notice that she wall-latches almost always. Get to another health threshold and she returns to the balcony.

- Second round of bombardments is faster than the first, so be prepared to jump some more. Solve the puzzle again to make her appear.

- She leaves the balcony, then kill her.

Note that solving the puzzles without the help of the wiki feels good, you should try that.

tl;dr Go check youtube for videos/guides, because I suck in making guides.

Edited by p3z1
A note.

It is solo-able, you have move quickly to avoid airstrikes and remember to watch out for rollers. My loadout when I solo Kela: Inaros, Burston Prime, Lex Prime, Destreza (mod for viral). Tactics I used: use Inaros' 1 to stun Kela whenever possible, it can help recover health and if you're lucky, Kela will be stunned and you can put lots of bullets into her.