Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player here looking for some advice

magickev

Question

I would just go search for this up on google, but I think it is too specific of questions. I am new to warframe (mastery rank 3) and me and my friends had some questions about the game.

At this point in the game I am up to Ceres planet and having a bit of hard time there. It seemed like my weapons hit a barrier of how strong they will get for now. I was wondering what I should do to get more damaging weapons. (As of now I have the Karak and Dual Ethers equipped) (My warframe is excalibur)

1. Should I go into the void and try to get prime weapons? I heard they were better than regular weapons but I don't know much other than that. As of right now I can go up into about round 20 in T1 defence but that is all.

2. Should I go farm earlier missions and try to level up my mods and apply them to my loadout I have now?

3. Should I get some new weapons and try to level those up?( If so maybe recommend some weapons that are ~easy to get early game but scale ok into mid-late so I can use Orokin catalysts and formas on it without feeling like they are going to waste)

4. Should I try to power through mission that are currently pretty hard for me?

5. Should I try to find orokin catalysts and formas and apply them to my current weapons? 

These are all the options I can think of to go from here, but if you have any more suggestions feel free to advise me! 

6 answers to this question

1. work on clearing the star chart and get the regular versions of the prime weapons you want to test those first

2. Yes you should work on getting some of the easier to get rare mods such as intensify flow etc

3. This mostly depends on the style of weapon you prefer. There are several weapons early on that can clear the entire star chart. 

4. Like I suggested above, I would try to at least unlock every node on every planet as you go, not necessarily complete them, so that you won't have a need for a "taxi" if an alert comes up you want access to. You will level as you go and those harder missions won't be so hard.

5. You won't really be able to find catalysts and reactors, you will have to wait for them to come to you(unless you buy them in the market). as for formaing your started stuff; no imo, unless you just really need the extra damage now. I would reserve them for weapons you find fun and fit your loadouts. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

20 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

1. work on clearing the star chart and get the regular versions of the prime weapons you want to test those first

2. Yes you should work on getting some of the easier to get rare mods such as intensify flow etc

3. This mostly depends on the style of weapon you prefer. There are several weapons early on that can clear the entire star chart. 

4. Like I suggested above, I would try to at least unlock every node on every planet as you go, not necessarily complete them, so that you won't have a need for a "taxi" if an alert comes up you want access to. You will level as you go and those harder missions won't be so hard.

5. You won't really be able to find catalysts and reactors, you will have to wait for them to come to you(unless you buy them in the market). as for formaing your started stuff; no imo, unless you just really need the extra damage now. I would reserve them for weapons you find fun and fit your loadouts. 

So where can I find some weapons that would be okay at this stage of the game and also later or mid game stages? Could you recommend some that would be possible for me to get and would also scale well in the game? (It could include easy to get prime weapons)

Also do you need the regular version of prime weapons to make the prime weapons, and if so, if you forma or orokin catalyst the regular one will it transfer over to the prime gun?

Thanks for the reply!

Ceres is arguably the hardest of the Starchart Planets. congrats on making it there! now to answer your questions;

1. don't worry about prime weapons just yet, instead get the regular versions and try them out. if you like them, then maybe you can get others to help you hunt for the Prime parts. be warned though: it's all RNG, so patience is required!

2. yes, modding is a crucial part of Warframe and is what makes your weapons and frames powerful. try to make sure you pick up every mod drop you come across, and keep cores handy for easier upgrading. you can also fuse with Duplicate mods as well as Cores, though Cores are much better for it.

3. I'm a weapon enthusiast IRL, so I may be biased, but I definitely recommend trying new thigns, even if it's just to increase your MR so you can unlock things like the Dragon Nikana and Syndicate weapons, and access all the relays and such for later on.

4. only if you feel you're up to it. go at a pace you feel comfortable at, and don't be afraid to ask for help, there's plenty of people who will be willing and able to help you. if your friends aren't online, you can ask for help Via recruit chat.

5. they aren't really something you farm per se, but it helps to pick them up when you can. don't worry about Formas, you'll get plenty of those in the Void, and you'll eventually start to despise getting them when hunting for Prime parts.

19 minutes ago, magickev said:

So where can I find some weapons that would be okay at this stage of the game and also later or mid game stages? Could you recommend some that would be possible for me to get and would also scale well in the game? (It could include easy to get prime weapons)

this depends mostly on weapon tastes, as every category has strong contenders. if you're a rifle user, the Soma or Boltor will last you throughout Ceres and beyond. for Shotguns there's the Hek and Tigris, and if you're into sniping roles, the Vectis and Sybaris are very powerful as long as you have the accuracy to back it up. if you like Bows, a Paris prime is one of the Primes most newer players go for, though the regular will still get the job done for Starchart missions with a little help from mods.

and no, you do not need regular weapons to build a Prime weapon, the parts for prime weapons are found in void missions, and once you have all the parts and it's main blueprint, you can craft it in the foundry. there ARE however a few regular weapons like the Sydon and Tiberon that require a weapon sacrifice, but don't worry about those just yet, and if you do go for them, make sure you fully level the weapon you're sacrificing for the build if you haven't already.

I hope this answers most of your questions. welcome to Warframe! :)

I agree with what jFresh215 said.  The weapons you want to be looking at are available from the market in your ship.  You can buy the blueprints for credits, then craft them for various materials (some will be locked based on MR).  Hek and Tigris are strong shotguns, Boltor and Soma are decent auto rifles, the Cernos and Paris are decent bows, but bows can be harder to learn than other primaries.  The Tonkor is very strong 'grenade launcher' that some people believe is over powered.  The Lex and Sonicor are strong secondaries.  The Dragon Nikana, Tipedo, and Galatine are good melee weapons.  Some of these may require a higher MR, so you may have to craft a few other weapons (and level them up to 30) to get the rep.  Most importantly, you should try different weapons to see which ones you enjoy using the most.  

You do not need regular versions of weapons to craft the prime version.  

46 minutes ago, magickev said:

Also do you need the regular version of prime weapons to make the prime weapons, and if so, if you forma or orokin catalyst the regular one will it transfer over to the prime gun?

Thanks for the reply!

I think some of the better weapons that are market weapons that you can get now are: Primary: Latron, Boltor and Khom Secondary: Sonicor and Furis with winds of purity if you can get the mod Melee: Anku, Atterax, Tonbo and Kronen are good starting places. 

Another bit of advice: even if you don't plan to build them right away, you should farm the parts for all of the warframes that the bosses drop as you clear the planets. There are a few that aren't planet specific warframes to farm such as Ivara from spy, Nyx from phorid(Infested invasion boss), and Nekros from Lephantis(orokin derelict boss) to name a few. There are also a few weapons that Vor drops(Cronus and the Seer pistol)