Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream requirements

BIA-Kaboose

Question

So I've had a few friends explain to me how to go about getting the quest, and according to them in submersible missions with the Grineer Sea Lab tile set there is supposed to be a crazy high chance (One of them said it is like a 85% chance or something) of finding the thing you need to scan, that it makes a very distinct noise, and that a blue haze shows up nearby where it is. After running a few dozen missions on Uranus to look for the thing I have not heard the noise, seen a blue haze apart from the underwater plants which kills me, and I'm running Helios which should scan it automatically even if I somehow miss all of those cues, if my Helios makes its scanning noise I tend to just completely freeze in place and look around for what it is scanning so I make sure I don't kill it by accident. 

Tl;Dr How do I find the thing I need to scan to start the Second Dream quest, I've run a ton of missions looking for it and not even a hint of it. Thanks for taking a moment to read this.

6 answers to this question

Just now, bad4youLT said:

are you mr 3 or higher ? , if so just keep repeating uranuss misions

Yeah, currently just shy of Mastery 7, I guess I'm just getting frustrated by my rotten luck. Took me over 150 hours to see my first stalker, so I'm not sure why I'm so surprised.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)BriTiShBaD4ss said:

As it was hard to explain exactly i researched abit for you and found this video it should helo you. The enemy your after is called oculus.

Yeah, I know that I need to scan the Oculyst or oculus or whatever it's called (I've seen both names, not sure if it is a version difference or something). I've just run a lot of missions with no luck so far. Supposedly you get more likely to see one for how many consecutive missions you run without seeing one, and the chance to find one is already supposed to be very high on Uranus, but I've run 10 in a row on different mission types (except for Defense, everyone I asked about mission types said that defense missions are too small for them to spawn) and nothing. I thought maybe I was missing something, but it seems the only requirements are mastery 3 (I'm at 6 right now) and for the thing to spawn. Guess I'm just being held back by my normal rotten luck again. 

1 hour ago, BIA-Kaboose said:

Yeah, I know that I need to scan the Oculyst or oculus or whatever it's called (I've seen both names, not sure if it is a version difference or something). I've just run a lot of missions with no luck so far. Supposedly you get more likely to see one for how many consecutive missions you run without seeing one, and the chance to find one is already supposed to be very high on Uranus, but I've run 10 in a row on different mission types (except for Defense, everyone I asked about mission types said that defense missions are too small for them to spawn) and nothing. I thought maybe I was missing something, but it seems the only requirements are mastery 3 (I'm at 6 right now) and for the thing to spawn. Guess I'm just being held back by my normal rotten luck again. 

I know how you feel on the luck haha im not so lucky either but i think they spawn more on exterminates i guess you just have to keep trying until one pops up i had a few.