Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to unlink steam and warframe?

Kizanno

Question

Hey there,

I'm thinking about a situation. It goes like this: I got a friend who plays Warframe, and someone he knows used to play the game from the start, and that guy had a founder account. He stopped playing and let my friend use his acc, something he agreed because he liked Excalibur Prime... This guy had his Warframe and Steam account linked. Now the former owner of the founder acc wants to return to the game with a different account. He said he wants to link his new Warframe acc to his Steam acc, and unlink his former acc, but doesn't know how or even if it's possible. So I'm asking people around here, is it possible? More important... Is what they did "legal" as far as the ToS go? I mean, there was no selling/buying involved... But I somehow think that's not even the point.

Any lights on the matter?

3 answers to this question

As far as i know Steam is just a platform for launcher/payment. All of your account information and content are linked to your warframe account. So linking a new account to  his steam account won't give him anything because everything belongs to the warframe account he left.

Not exactly what I asked but kind of answers the question tho. This guy wants to link a recently created acc to his Steam acc. Not to take the things from one acc to another. So you're telling me that it doesn't matter if it's linked or not?