Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Complaining At The "lack" Of Free Items

Strudul

F2P Games will not be required to be behind the PS+ subscription.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4424908/dc-universe-online-planetside-2-ps4-playstation-plus-not-required

Thanks for the link. I hope they introduce cross-platform to increase the player base of both. I'll always remember Shadowrun because it was the first game I could play with my PC-advocate friends. Good times were had and it was easy to find a game.

So:

- You start the game and get a free 50 platinum. (this was most likely given for slots and potatoes)

- There are daily login rewards which let you get potatoes, forma, blueprints, reduced platinum costs, void keys etc for free. (there are games with Daily login rewards, but don't have cash items)

- Alerts let you get even more potatoes, forma, blueprints etc for free. (its already easy to obtain forma it's common in T3 [for me that is] at high levels)

- You can get free Void keys from mission rewards. (they don't want to lock away content behind money, that would kill the playerbase)

- The only things DE doesn't give you for free are weapon / frame slots and colour palettes ( colour palletes prices still cost a lot. they should sell that for the same price as potatoes)

And you still complain?

Well yeah, there will always be someone who isn't satisfied

Are you serious?

well if they keep going on about it yeah.. they are pretty serious.

Personally, I was surprised by how much DE actually does give us for free, I'm more than happy with it and I don't see how any of you can complain about it.

The game isn't even remotely P2W and is perfectly playable without potatoes, forma, Vauban, void keys, colour palettes, weapon / frame slots and DE are not obliged to give you any of these things. You should be grateful they give you anything at all... (I was suprised as well, they made it free to play with only 75% free, unlike the SOE games that only give 50% or the generic f2p shooters who only give out 25% the rest is cash)

You don't seem to realise that DE is a business and they have to make money. If they give you everything for free, then you are unlikely to buy any platinum; no profits = no Warframe. (everyone says they know they aren't entitled, but still complain about the same arguments that still sounds like it.

If you want more cash shop items, buy some platinum and support DE. (really simple, pay for convienance. want it ffaster you buy, want it for free work for it and fun with it) Otherwise, stop complaining and be happy with what you have. yeah they will never stop complaining.

underlined-bold-italics are my replies.

Edited by JessicaMeanie

So:

- You start the game and get a free 50 platinum.

- There are daily login rewards which let you get potatoes, forma, blueprints, reduced platinum costs, void keys etc for free

- Alerts let you get even more potatoes, forma, blueprints etc for free.

- You can get free Void keys from mission rewards.

- The only things DE doesn't give you for free are weapon / frame slots and colour palettes

And you still complain?

Are you serious?

In almost every F2P game I have played:

- You get no free stuff just for making an account

- You get no free stuff just for logging in

- You occasionally get free stuff in events, but these are usually very rare (1 every few months) and are often limited to a select few players

- You are pretty much forced to buy in-game currency if you want cash shop items

Personally, I was surprised by how much DE actually does give us for free, I'm more than happy with it and I don't see how any of you can complain about it.

The game isn't even remotely P2W and is perfectly playable without potatoes, forma, Vauban, void keys, colour palettes, weapon / frame slots and DE are not obliged to give you any of these things. You should be grateful they give you anything at all...

You don't seem to realise that DE is a business and they have to make money. If they give you everything for free, then you are unlikely to buy any platinum; no profits = no Warframe.

If you want more cash shop items, buy some platinum and support DE. Otherwise, stop complaining and be happy with what you have.

Yeah, but most good F2P games have the cash shop be cosmetics or things which are available through grinding. Lets compare 2 F2P games.

SWTOR has a ton of content locked out, reduced EXP rates, no sprint and high prices for cartel coins.

League of legends has all game-changing content available if you grind for it, with the cash shop being cosmetics or boosts.

Hell, DOTA2 has all game-changing content free, and both of those games are really successful. People buy things if they play for a long time. When you've got nothing to do in the game, you stop playing it.

No decent F2P game keeps game changers behind a pay barrier.

So:

- There are daily login rewards which let you get potatoes, forma, blueprints, reduced platinum costs, void keys etc for free

- The only things DE doesn't give you for free are weapon / frame slots and colour palettes

And you still complain?

Are you serious?

- You occasionally get free stuff in events, but these are usually very rare (1 every few months) and are often limited to a select few players

- You are pretty much forced to buy in-game currency if you want cash shop items

The game isn't even remotely P2W and is perfectly playable without potatoes, forma, Vauban, void keys, colour palettes, weapon / frame slots and DE are not obliged to give you any of these things. You should be grateful they give you anything at all...

You don't seem to realise that DE is a business and they have to make money. If they give you everything for free, then you are unlikely to buy any platinum; no profits = no Warframe.

If you want more cash shop items, buy some platinum and support DE. Otherwise, stop complaining and be happy with what you have.

You haven't played many f2p games then.  Many of them have all sorts of reward systems for leveling up and meeting certain goals. 

You don't seem to understand the f2p business model either.  DE isn't giving options to get stuff for free out of the goodness of their hearts.  It's so that players become invested in the game and play longer.  This provides a larger player base for paying players and a chance that players that stay longer might convert to paying players.  It's a growing trend among newer f2p games to not lock gameplay items behind paywalls or excessive grind.  Companies that don't follow that trend will simply be left behind when they don't meet player expectations.

The fact that you say that alerts provide potatoes makes me wonder if you've been paying attention for the last three weeks.

Edited by Aggh

Yeah, but most good F2P games have the cash shop be cosmetics or things which are available through grinding. Lets compare 2 F2P games.

SWTOR has a ton of content locked out, reduced EXP rates, no sprint and high prices for cartel coins.

League of legends has all game-changing content available if you grind for it, with the cash shop being cosmetics or boosts.

Hell, DOTA2 has all game-changing content free, and both of those games are really successful. People buy things if they play for a long time. When you've got nothing to do in the game, you stop playing it.

No decent F2P game keeps game changers behind a pay barrier.

Precisely what I've been saying over and over as well.

I do think that there's a good chance since the team over at DE is very small compared to other companies, they might not find it preferable to rely primarily on selling cosmetics.

Think LoL skins... those are rather easy to make if you think about it, since the models are so tiny.

Now we consider the Warframe models. They are large and detailed... just a simple alternate helmet probably takes Mynki and any other modeler/artist a while to come up.

Add at to the fact that DE seems to want to avoid their weapons and warframes looking "out of character", you can forget about a bunny-girl suit for Mag or a skeleton model-swap for Volt or whatever (things that are the norm for games like LoL, where every female character has a wearing-next-to-nothing outfit apparently), and let's not even talk about the possibility of model swapping a giant dildo in place of a sword or a super soaker for a rifle. Not gonna happen.

These reasons severely limit their cosmetic possibilities.

You haven't played many f2p games then.  Many of them have all sorts of reward systems for leveling up and meeting certain goals. 

You don't seem to understand the f2p business model either.  DE isn't giving options to get stuff for free out of the goodness of their hearts.  It's so that players become invested in the game and play longer.  This provides a larger player base for paying players and a chance that players that stay longer might convert to paying players.  It's a growing trend among newer f2p games to not lock gameplay items behind paywalls or excessive grind.  Companies that don't follow that trend will simply be left behind when they don't meet player expectations.

The fact that you say that alerts provide potatoes makes me wonder if you've been paying attention for the last three weeks.

Aggh laying down The Law.

Edited by Gestalt

the real purpose of the alert system and login rewards: to have an excuse to say that the items are obtainable for free, which is only technically true and not practically so

Edited by Flunky

no

but I guess you spent you'r free platinum on potatos. 

What kind of person spends plat on potatoes when you can get them from alerts (before U8) unless they got the money to spend?

If people read up on what you can and can't get without using plat, they would've bought slots instead of things that they can get for free.

I only wanta way to unbind my steam wallet from my warframe acc... so i can use my ultimate game cards :( i dont have a f*king credit card to buy plat... i can spend money but i need other ways than credit cards :( PLEASE!!!! UNBIND THE STEAM WALLET FROM WARFRAME ACC (that has been created via steam)

the real purpose of the alert system and login rewards: to have an excuse to say that the items are obtainable for free, which is only technically true and not practically so

yes. warframe was always pay2win. free version has very FRUSTRATING limitations. you must be very crazy if you play it "for free".

the problem is that warframe don't need free players. for example in pvp games free players are needed. players who pay always need WEAK/noob players. so players who pay can kill them with eyes closed and have fun.

in warframe free players only "steal" resources. so i wouldn't expect that there will be better performance in future.

warframe will be more pay2win and more pay2win!

in warframe free players only "steal" resources. so i wouldn't expect that there will be better performance in future.

warframe will be more pay2win and more pay2win!

What? How does a free player steal resources? Obviously not in game, you can't take rubedo away from me or stop me from getting it. They don't take up space in line for space on a server. Do you mean they somehow take some of the devs productivity away from me? If so, I don't see how, Does it somehow reduce what I get from the game because someone else is playing it for free?

I personally don't have a problem with the current system.

Warframe does not bombard us with advertising, they do not make us fill out 'questionaire forms', they do not use our data to sell to advertising companys etc, if a player wishes to play it for FREE without ever paying a cent they can do so

F2P's are getting a huge amount out of this game for nothing, they are getting literally YEARS of someones creative efforts, graphics, music, artwork, game code and design, and what are they GIVING out to DE in return?   

A minority of these players reward DE for their hours [sometimes HUNDREDS of hours of gameplay] to post negative and incorrect crap on these forums. 

These people ARE a minority, but sadly a small minority of whiners and trolls can give the appearance of speaking for the rest of the F2P crowd, who the majority of seem to be amazed that a game that offers so much to the player while demanding nothing in return is FREE.

I hope DE dosnt get discouraged with these negative types, because as this generation unfortunately knows all too well...they are everywhere!

I can only imagine if there was a FREE hotel run by a rich philanthropist these types of people would check in, eat their free 5 course meal, complain that the steak was over/undercooked, then go back to their room, soil the sheets, clog the toilet, steal as many towels and soaps as they could on the way out, abuse the bellboy, and then complain to whoever would listen that, 'i am never staying THERE again, FFS they didnt even have BLACK towels to use unless i paid $5 for the night'

Edited by ZetaReticulan

I am fine with the game as it is except for slots and mastery levels being nothing but purely weapon unlocks.

As of now, I have only used 2 weapon catalysts.

1 for Orthos, 1 for Boar.

1 last recipe still unused.

1 forma crafted but still unused.

And still sitting on 1100+ K plat.

Spent them on 2 warframe slots and 1 weapon slot.

But I must reinstate again, potatoes are NOT really needed for most content.

If anything forma is easily obtainable via void. Your "epic weapon" will still get there once you get the lucky potato.

Just longer.

What I propose for slots.

Level 0 to level 1 = nada.

Nothing.

Level 2 = +1 weapon slot

Level 3 = +1 weapon slot

Level 4 = +1 Frame slot

Level 5 = +1 weapon slot

Level 6 = +1 weapon slot

Level 7 = +1 Frame slot

Level 8 = +1 weapon slot

Level 9 = +1 weapon slot

Level 10 = +1 Frame slot

That gives a grand total of 14 weapon slots and 5 frame slots at level 10. 

Edited by fatpig84

Zeta your point has been addressed so many times in this thread and others like it that there's no point in going over it again. Feel free to re-read this thread and others like it and you'll understand that this isn't about robbing DE blind, it's about stopping DE from making mistakes that will drive new and old players away.

So:

And you still complain?

Are you serious?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57437-attention-dethe-biggest-nerf-of-u8-everyone-missed-orokin-reactorscatalyst-alerts/

Alert reactors/catalysts are GONE.

And im sorry to say.... you are wrong on most counts.

Most free to play games give you a bunch of stuff to get in. Most free to play games also give out daily rewards to keep you coming back.

And no, the issue with potatoes is the fact you cannot EARN them now that the alerts are totally gone.

xenapan, on 16 Jun 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57437-attention-dethe-biggest-nerf-of-u8-everyone-missed-orokin-reactorscatalyst-alerts/

Alert reactors/catalysts are GONE.

And im sorry to say.... you are wrong on most counts.

Most free to play games give you a bunch of stuff to get in. Most free to play games also give out daily rewards to keep you coming back.

And no, the issue with potatoes is the fact you cannot EARN them now that the alerts are totally gone.

You still keeping that thread updated Xena? This dry spell's getting just a tad bit improbable at this point...

The only thing I think is silly about the model right now is that there is no way to get potatoes or slots for frames / weapons besdies buying them. Login rewards are almost 0 for potatoes, so don't say that is a viable way to get it. Other than that, its all good here.

That proves nothing (unless someone from DE explicitly stated somewhere in that thread that there will be no more potatoes).

Just because it doesn't rain for a few weeks does not mean that it will never rain again.