Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr unecessary hysteria change

JohnKable

Like most of people ive benn testing all frame changes, the deepliest possible.

Im kinda disappointed with mag, he was a "scaling" beast and now has little to none scaling. But now has just something in common with most warframes, she's in a good spot afterall now.

But valkyr, seriously? with decent modding she could still VERY EASILY keep hysteria forever. Has almost no changes on old hysteria builds, and you dont even need fully maxed efficiency to keep it up at maximum stacks. She's just like before but with a more complex, useless and unfriendly mechanic,

I would have appreciated much more a real "Berserker state" like:

Maintaining invulnerability to outer sources, maintaining melee only, taking a fixed amount of damage per second (lets say 15) with a fixed amount of lifegain per melee strike (lets say 25) that atleast forces you either to keep up meleeing almost all the time or just having to deactivate hysteria for not dying of it.

As it is now its still a very cheap invulnerability with the only downside of melee only restiction (with easy 30-50k hits) and having to worry about nullifiers.

I would be ok with this only if the life drain kicks in a few seconds after Hysteria is up and if the health drain either drops or pauses when Valkyr is interacting with things.  It would suck to be reviving somebody or hacking a console or doing other important things only to die or lose all that health I spent time collecting.

Also, it would be nice if health loss is determined by efficiency mods.

.... the damage absorb/reflect has always been a part of valkyr's kit since I started playing about a year ago

it just wasn't super noticeable because there was only a buff indicator at the top.

and for some stupid reason, you could lower the range by running negative range. Which I think is dumb, corrupted mods are supposed to be "get huge buff to stat, but weaken yourself in another area" trade-off, rather than "get huge buff to stat, lose weaknesses" (in valkyr's case) or even worse, "get two huge buffs to stats" (in old saryn's case and trinity's case) just because your warframe scales positively with negative stats. The only frame I'm okay with this is speed nova because it's not always objectively good to go negative strength (in survival for instance).

Edited by Obviousclone

1 minute ago, Kaisty said:

I would be ok with this only if the life drain kicks in a few seconds after Hysteria is up and if the health drain either drops or pauses when Valkyr is interacting with things.  It would suck to be reviving somebody or hacking a console or doing other important things only to die or lose all that health I spent time collecting.

Also, it would be nice if health loss is determined by efficiency mods.

You could still deactivate hysteria and lose nothing... you know like everyone else :P

5 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

.... the damage absorb/reflect has always been a part of valkyr's kit since I started playing about a year ago

it just wasn't super noticeable because there was only a buff indicator at the top.

and for some stupid reason, you could lower the range by running negative range. Which I think is dumb, corrupted mods are supposed to be "get huge buff to stat, but weaken yourself in another area" trade-off, rather than "get huge buff to stat, lose weaknesses" or even worse, "get two huge buffs to stats" just because your warframe scales positively with negative stats. The only frame I'm okay with this is speed nova because it's not always objectively good to go negative strength (in survival for instance).

Yep, but now has a new mechanic that lowers hysteria's damage mitigation and increases cost per second the more hysteria is active. My point is that this new addition is totally useless

I cant agree on corrupted mods, im fine that in some rare and very specific builds those will have double benefits, as long as those benefits arent crazy good (like speed nova for example, i like the idea of negative strenght increasing speed instead wich is not necessarily a double buff but a very nice different option), I mean having double benefits is the same to me as having no drawback (and this happens to a lot of frames and abilities)

Edited by JohnKable

3 hours ago, JohnKable said:

You could still deactivate hysteria and lose nothing... you know like everyone else :P

I don't think you understand that this has literally always been a thing for valkyr.

If hysteria drops and you're near enemies, you take damage, it's just how the skill works. It's how it's always worked.

This isn't a new thing, it's a tweak of something that already existed, so that it's actually noticeable.

8 hours ago, OfficerBeepsky said:

I don't think you understand that this has literally always been a thing for valkyr.

If hysteria drops and you're near enemies, you take damage, it's just how the skill works. It's how it's always worked.

This isn't a new thing, it's a tweak of something that already existed, so that it's actually noticeable.

Exactly what i said, they tweaked in a totally unnecessary way with a supposed nerf with the increasing cost when they could change it in many ways, with actually not more effort.

I'm sure i'm missing something , but pre "nerf" i had a build exclusively i used for Hysteria 179% dur, +30% Streamline + 50% Fleeting for eff, and hysteria drained less that 1 energy per second ( 0.63 ). I tried it yesterday in the simulacrum only, had already wasted enough time on Mag and wanted a quick check, and i really didn't notice any new change, the energy drain stayed the same.i think i stood there for like over 6 mins without picking up a single energy orb, occasionally running around to see if movements or attacks triggered that Major energy drain , tried to see if it triggered after a certain amount of dmg absorbed, but nada, still less than 1 en per second.

After how long valkyr starts to take damage cus of the dmg mitigation i read about falls off ? during over 400+ seconds i stayed completely invulnerable and didn't see any huge energy drain. Anyone care to put some light on this ?

Edited by arm4geddon-117
grammar