Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to build Nekros and which build to use?

8BitCardinal

Question

So I just got Nekros. Loved him. Potatoed him. Formad hid 4 times and I still have no Idea what im doing. 

First I would like to ask What are you supposed to do as Nekros? There's got to be something else than spamming Decrepify all day, what about Terrify? Shadows of the Dead? 

I noticed that his kit is hard to build. You need a good balance of Duration, Efficiency, Range, and Power Strength..... which means he needs pretty much a good number on all the stats to kick. And im having problems trying to make a build that would fit my play style.

Please correct me if im wrong on how I see his skills

Soul Punch: Useless in terms of damage but with Soul Survivor can become a good utility skill.

Terrify: Your main cc. Relies on Str, Range, and Duration to kick. Its either you sacrifice Duration/Str for more range or Range for more Duration/Str......

Decrepify: Your bread and butter. Coupled up with Equilibrium and Despoil. This ability is what makes you tick. Basically allows you to spam for days.

Shadows of the Dead: This is your...... tanking ability? CC? Dmg? I dont know if pumping str for an army is worth it but having an osprey and an ancient revived is nothing to laugh at. Unless it ends in 8 secs........ tbh I dont know when I should build for this skill or not but a friendly H.Gunner, Nullie, Ancient, and Shield Drones are nice.

Currently I have 3 builds and each is different and each lacks something that the other flourishes in :(

A: Efficiency/Range Build: Terrify and Desecrate have good range (28.5m, 47.5m respectively) but Terrify and Shadows only last for 8s, 12s respectively and only 2 enemies are affected by Shadows. 

image.png

B: Power Strength Build: I just saw this on the internet. Focuses more on power strength for the Shadows of the Dead. I honestly dont see where this build would be good at. No Desecrate means no spam and the efficiency is......... you get the point.

image.png

C: Balanced Build: The negative duration doesnt hurt that much. The strength is okay, 9 enemies for Shadows. Efficiency is managable at 60%. But the range...... Desecrate is okay but Terrify...... the range simply isnt enough. I feel that I have to stand infront of a horde just to Terrify them all.

image.png

Now if there is one thing in common in these 3 builds its that he is still squishy af. I still remember getting incapped because a random Butcher that didnt get Terrified managed to sneak up behind me while I was dancing. Whenever I get low on all my frames I grab my Sword and Lifestrike my HP back. On Nekros even a Roller would make you think twice...

If you guys dont mind, I want these questions answered in some way. You dont have to answer all its just.... I really want to know some of these things.

1) What is his role?

2) Are my builds okay?

3) Is there anything I can do to improve it?

4) Which build should I take for a specific mission? (People say Shadows build is good for survival but what about Desecrate?)

5) Can I make him tanky w/o sacrificing anything? 

6) What weapons do you use on him? (Im planning on going full cc or status even if theres not much dmg)

5 answers to this question

Spoiler

kKKHjPP.jpg

There's your Tankros build. He doesn't require efficiency at all; Desecrate will keep your energy high, and  your Shadows will keep enemies off you. Despoil + Health Conversion is the secret of this build. It basically gives Nekros a permanent +1350 armor buff. (Ignore the indicator in the HUD, it's glitched to hell. The buff is still working correctly.) Bring a Carrier so you don't have to micromanage the armor buff.

As for weapons, because this build spawns a lot of Shadows, I bring Tonkor. Targeting individual enemies with your Shadows spazzing all over the place can be a pain. (I still say Shadows should phase when Nekros aims at them, similar to Mirage's mirages, but still absorb enemy fire.) Tonkor lets you kill them with a lethal AOE. Any launcher would work, technically, but the grenades from Penta tend to bounce off Shadows and get you killed.

I also use Lesion, specced for toxin and slash damage with high status chance. Equip Maiming Strike + Berserker, then use slide attacks to get Berserker proccing. My Lesion build reliably inflicts both slash and toxin as high-damage DoTs, and Slash even ignores armor.

As for Focus school, I would recommend Zenurik for Nekros, with the Energy Spike passive. This will let you share any energy orbs you pick up with nearby allies, doubling their energy regen. Boom, you're now a discount Trin with actual CC and damage. Plus, Terrify cuts enemy armor by 40% on this build, taking the heat off you and your squad, and putting tougher enemies down much quicker.

Edit: A very good secondary for Nekros is Hikou/Prime with the Concealed Explosives mod. It's popular for its ability to quickly and easily eliminate nullifiers. This is important, because your Shadows are idiots and will frequently run straight into the bubble.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

Nekros is my favorite frame and I have 2 ways to build him. One is a generic Despoil max range and efficiency build I wont bore you with. The second is a all augment build that I really enjoy. The mods are Vitality, Redirection, Despoil, Shield of Shadows, Sole Survivor, Streamline, Intensify, Primed Continuity, Speed Drift, and whatever Aura mod is needed at the time.

Weapons wise mine might not be the best to go by as they are mostly picked for aesthetics.

Despoil Build: Soma Prime, Reaper Prime, AkMagnus.

All Augment build: Soma Prime, Spira Prime, Nikana Prime

For survival I usually take the Despoil build. Everything else all augment.

Give it a shot.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc