Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Would You Like In A Warframe Stream?

Pourvoir

As some of you know I have been streaming warframe quite a bit, but I'm wondering what people would like to see happening in a warframe stream to keep it active and fun.

So far I've been doing void key runs but I'm struggling for ideas to get viewers involved.  I'm interactive with chat (which is good for any stream right?) so if anyone has any ideas on how to make the stream better or more fun feel free to help me with ideas!  

You can also come by my stream and suggest your ideas or just to come say hello.  We have a great group of people always chatting on stream and lots of interaction.  I like warframe a lot and want to help grow the great community it has and can't do that without you guys!

Stream: twitch.tv/lefendal

Come say hi :]

OH yeah i saw a little of your stream! Well i could advise you to be more active as in look more interested. In other words talk more actively loud (but not too loud) and REALLY TRY to entertains while playing. Im not saying you are not doing this, so just know that. A better advise would be to watch other famous gamers on youtube and see what the do to entertain you while playing; Pewdiepie, gamegrumps or trendkill are the ones i know.

Pewdiepie?

When he means act like them that doesn't mean ACT LIKE THEM.

Just talk more.

i didn't say ACT like them, but see what these people do to entertain learn from them, dont act or copy them but learn something! You can talk all you want but it will still be boring. Talk with a better tone, maybe topics that we can relate too and all that.

Streaming is a different beast than youtube.  Youtube you're capturing good footage and you can cut out boring parts of your gameplay.  Like take dunkey, he doesn't stream because he can't constantly be entertaining unless he'd only stream for a few hours.  I stream for 10 hour periods usually so it's kind of hard to ALWAYS be going cause eventually you do start getting tired lol but I have been trying to be entertaining with my viewers and interact with them or bring up discussions that people may want to partake in.   Thanks for the advice though and I will definitely keep trying to be more and more entertaining.  I refuse to wear weird hats though......

Edited by Pourvoir

Streaming is a different beast than youtube.  Youtube you're capturing good footage and you can cut out boring parts of your gameplay.  Like take dunkey, he doesn't stream because he can't constantly be entertaining unless he'd only stream for a few hours.  I stream for 10 hour periods usually so it's kind of hard to ALWAYS be going cause eventually you do start getting tired lol but I have been trying to be entertaining with my viewers and interact with them or bring up discussions that people may want to partake in.   Thanks for the advice though and I will definitely keep trying to be more and more entertaining.  I refuse to wear weird hats though......

I see, I'm not too famliliar with these streaming stuff so maybe giving advice isn't a good thing for me to do. But what i like to see in is when they communicate with the ones watching. Kepp doing the streams, you can only get better.. hopefully ._.

Most streams now-a-days are essentially "Let's Play"s.

Thing is, it's much easier to have someone else with you when doing a stream, unless you have some sort of online status or you are doing an informative walkthrough. Why do I say this? Doing it alone is incredibly exhausting and can get awkward and

silent quick. Take for example: GameGrumps or Two Best Friends. They are incredibly popular online and are so because they

like to converse with each other and bounce back ideas and jokes (as stupid as some of them are). It helps to break up the

silence and add a comforting atmosphere to a stream instead of listening to someone awkwardly tell snide remarks or jokes

alone to no reaction.

Now, one of my favorite streams was done by a fellah who was making a comprehensive guide to Dark Souls. It was somewhat

of a stream and he was constantly giving info/trivia/advice to each level and enemy. However, Warframe doesn't have as robust

a storyline as that game, and most of the levels blend together (plus they randomly generated), so providing advice on that

level is going to be somewhat more difficult. What I would suggest is making stream videos with a topic and expanding upon

that as you play. For instance, you can make one video entirely about movement and how it plays into the game. Explain the

art of dash slashing, what types of weapons better benefit this style, places where it's advisable to wallrun AND fight, or

potential shortcuts for when you want to rush to the end. Next, make a video explaining the depths of mods and what they do-

show off your collection! Offer build advice. Etc etc...

There are a multitude of ways you can entertain others. Doing it alone is difficult, but it isn't impossible- you just have to decide

what your personal strengths are. Are you GOOD at making people laugh? Then you might have the stones to stream alone.

Maybe you want to educate others? Then provide some informative advice and tutorials. Think you'd like to entertain, but not

for laughs? Invite a friend over or open yourself to a chat on Teampspeak/Vent/Skype (explain it to them before you record

what you intend to do, it's better to be honest) and make sure whatever equipment you do have operates clean and noise free.

Also, if you want to get more viewers involved. Do a collaborative play with them! Invite them into the game and add

them to your friends. Don't be afraid to get into video editing either. It really can help separate you from the rest of the other

streams out there. Lastly, consider trials or challenges. Much like Nuzlocke mode for Pokemon or Hardcode mode for Minecraft,

it helps up the risk when playing the game- adding an element of danger to how you play.

Whatever you do, be careful what you say. Never argue with your viewers. And don't beg for like/subscribe/twitter.

Keep it fun. Keep it comfy. Keep it clean.

Edited by Rogkun

Most streams now-a-days are essentially "Let's Play"s.

Thing is, it's much easier to have someone else with you when doing a stream, unless you have some sort of online status or you are doing an informative walkthrough. Why do I say this? Doing it alone is incredibly exhausting and can get awkward and

silent quick. Take for example: GameGrumps or Two Best Friends. They are incredibly popular online and are so because they

like to converse with each other and bounce back ideas and jokes (as stupid as some of them are). It helps to break up the

silence and add a comforting atmosphere to a stream instead of listening to someone awkwardly tell snide remarks or jokes

alone to no reaction.

Now, one of my favorite streams was done by a fellah who was making a comprehensive guide to Dark Souls. It was somewhat

of a stream and he was constantly giving info/trivia/advice to each level and enemy. However, Warframe doesn't have as robust

a storyline as that game, and most of the levels blend together (plus they randomly generated), so providing advice on that

level is going to be somewhat more difficult. What I would suggest is making stream videos with a topic and expanding upon

that as you play. For instance, you can make one video entirely about movement and how it plays into the game. Explain the

art of dash slashing, what types of weapons better benefit this style, places where it's advisable to wallrun AND fight, or

potential shortcuts for when you want to rush to the end. Next, make a video explaining the depths of mods and what they do-

show off your collection! Offer build advice. Etc etc...

There are a multitude of ways you can entertain others. Doing it alone is difficult, but it isn't impossible- you just have to decide

what your personal strengths are. Are you GOOD at making people laugh? Then you might have the stones to stream alone.

Maybe you want to educate others? Then provide some informative advice and tutorials. Think you'd like to entertain, but not

for laughs? Invite a friend over or open yourself to a chat on Teampspeak/Vent/Skype (explain it to them before you record

what you intend to do, it's better to be honest) and make sure whatever equipment you do have operates clean and noise free.

Whatever you do, be careful what you say. Never argue with your viewers. And don't beg for like/subscribe/twitter.

Keep it fun. Keep it comfy. Keep it clean.

I am usually always chatting with the people in my raidcall and including the stream chat into the conversation but when I do do it alone those are some great suggestions.  I really love when I watch like LoL streams and the streamer is explaining why he does his actions and what not.  It's a little harder to do with warframe cause it's obvious why i'm shooting monsters lol.  They'll kill me if I don't!!! However I could talk about changes to the game I think need to be made or maybe helpful tips.  I'm thinking about making some videos about good farming spots because I get farming questions a LOT.  Thanks a lot for the good suggestions rogkun and I'll definitely try to apply those in my stream when I'm going solo.

Here's a few suggestions for potential informative videos:

- Art of the Ninja (beginners tutorial: show off techniques for movement: wallrun, dash slash, stealth, shortcuts/hiding

spots, hacking system, and mission types)

- The Frame of War (show off every frame you have and explain the perks of each. Look up the specs and go into

detail about each skill and ability- don't go into builds just yet, make it all about the frames themselves)

- Different Flavors (show off your builds on your frames, did you make Loki into a master thief? How about Mag into a

scout? Or possibly frost into a shield expert? Mods and weapon loadouts make the world of difference.)

- Mod it Out (explanation of mod system, fusions, polarities, and how to search for mods- check wiki on this)

- Group Dynamics (describe the current online situation with 'Rushers' and 'Turtles'. Explain how the extraction system

works currently and what can be made to make it better.)

- Into the Void (comprehensive guide to tower missions including enemy types, secret areas, and rewards)

Edited by Rogkun

Here's a few suggestions for potential informative videos:

- Art of the Ninja (beginners tutorial: show off techniques for movement: wallrun, dash slash, stealth, shortcuts/hiding

spots, hacking system, and mission types)

- The Frame of War (show off every frame you have and explain the perks of each. Look up the specs and go into

detail about each skill and ability- don't go into builds just yet, make it all about the frames themselves)

- Different Flavors (show off your builds on your frames, did you make Loki into a master thief? How about Mag into a

scout? Or possibly frost into a shield expert? Mods and weapon loadouts make the world of difference.)

- Mod it Out (explanation of mod system, fusions, polarities, and how to search for mods- check wiki on this)

- Group Dynamics (describe the current online situation with 'Rushers' and 'Turtles'. Explain how the extraction system

works currently and what can be made to make it better.)

- Into the Void (comprehensive guide to tower missions including enemy types, secret areas, and rewards)

I could try that but more importantly I do want stream ideas.  MikeB kind of has the youtube vids for warframe covered for most of the things.