Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery System For Abilities

LxLawliet

I'd love to see a mastery system similiar to how Final Fantasy V has its job system.

Upon mastering a job, you would get access to all of its abilities (passive and active) as well as their increase in stats. I had something like that in mind for the different abilities of all frames.

Basically, every skill/ability would get something like an EXP bar, and successfully executing it would give you more experience (successfully executing means, for instance, that damaging abilities hit the enemy and kill him, thus, only the killing blow would be important).

Now, once you have reached the max. level of the ability, you would be "allowed" to equip this ability with another frame - like, an Excalibur with Mag's Pull or a Rhino with Trinity's Energy Vampire. The whole idea behind that is to make frames as versatile as possible. Of course, this could come with restrictions such as an increased need for energy or an overall decreased benefit, as the mastered ability isn't exactly made for a frame other than the one it has been designed for.

The inspiration for that idea comes from the Stalker, who's also able to use different abilities (though it could be speculated he's wearing a unique warframe allowing him the mastery of those).

You are now allowed to discuss this out.

Edited by InfinitexL

I think it would still give players too many possibilities to become overpowered, which would brutally limit the devs in making new stuff. I say give us possibilities to customize our skills a bit or by making alternative skills and more customization for our warframes.

I like part 1.

To part 2 (equipping on other warframes), HELL NO.

Everyone would be running Saryn/Rhino/Frost with Slash Dash + Vortex/Sound Quake + Chaos/Snowglobe/Link + Sonar/Energy Vampire.

This would make warframe insanely difficult to balance, and cause everyone to jump for only a couple builds.

alot of the apeal of how the system works is that you are buying into a playstyle.

i play loki not because he has an awesome hammerhead shark head, but because he is the trickster.

he is not an offensive warframe but at the same time he is.

but if chilling the very blood of my enemies is my thing i can hop on my frost and not only dish out the damage but keep my buddies safe.

the idea of a playstyle goes out the window if i give loki nukes or frost an invis.

and i get the feeling it would devolve the game into a skin you can pick but 4 skills that everybody has to have.

Edited by MetalGerbil

Yeah, true. I didn't consider in the fact it would lead to gamebreaking issues, especially when considering how abusive such a system could be. I guess without a proper concept (I can't think of now), this system is pretty much a dream more distant than the void.