Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas By The Community Nobody~

RejectionOfFate

theres shallow spikes on the sides and top of his head, and those triangles/greenish points are supposed to be like the ones on his head (sort of like layered platemail, but you cant tell the separation of the layers)

Edited by MyNameIsDraven

theres shallow spikes on the sides and top of his head, and those triangles/greenish points are supposed to be like the ones on his head (sort of like layered platemail, but you cant tell the separation of the layers)

ah alright, maybe for the other parts of the warframe, but i really prefer the large spikes on the helmet similar the luster soldier.

This thread. This thread right here. This is one of the biggest things I love about the games I play and is frequently a deciding factor in playing a game, an active and creative community and them having a potential say in the future development of a game. I approve of this thread, now onto something supportive.

Fresh perspective here so i'm gonna spit out a few ideas. This "Tempest" is to based on the Wind element. It was stated the he was intended to have a quick move speed on par with loki so i'll just dump a few thoughts from my head on potential design and stats, mostly derived from that.

High speed so the frame should be of a wiry build, element is wind so it should look smooth even at the places where it draws to en edge or a point, like it flowed into the point.

I get a mental image of the helmet being mostly round like Mag but I feel like that is missing something so I'll just leave that there.

The armor I am imagining as being mostly smooth with lines going down the limbs in a waving lines pattern and occasionally having what appears to be a sharp protrusion, perhaps have 2 limes wave enough to touch at that point? For the torso I don't have much of an idea, but perhaps something similar to Volt?

For stats I would think have 100 shield and 75 health with increased shield regen, promoting guerrilla tactics. Sprint speed 1.2 to reinforce this. (at this time that is directly between ash at 1.15 and loki at 1.25) 10 armor and 150 energy. Defense and tactic for polarities.

Different thought: I think there should be a specifically melee attack focused warframe perhaps styled after samurai and called "Oni" or some such, it would likely be warframes 3rd designated tank frame because being in the think would inevitably lead to taking a lot of damage. He would probably have:

150 shield, 100 health, 150 armor, 100 energy, 0.9 sprint speed, Defense and Attack polarities

1. (25) an ability similar to slash dash

2. (50) a radial weapon sweep that would grant him temporary stagger resistance/recovery afterwards ~5s?

3. (25) a quick forward leap for massive single target damage and 100% stagger or ever knockdown on unarmored units, range is about twice that of slash dash but it stops and deals damage when you hit an enemy

4. (100) something along the lines of stabbing his sword into the ground and summoning several ghost tenno who would draw massive aggro like decoys and attack the enemies before dispelling after about 10 seconds, but these ghosts only wield the skana for a weapon so it is mostly a distraction move.

This idea of mine is probably unlikely however as we kind of already have a strictly melee focused warframe in Excalibur I suppose, what with his name being an indicator of such, but I hold out hope for a heavy melee modeled warframe.

...I am gone for one day from the forums, and my thread blows up with insight, reviews, conversation, and new ideas...

Should I be gone more often?

I am not sure whether or not I should send this Topic in a PM to a member of DE. I wouldn't want to add into what already must be a backed up inbox.. 

an air-themed warframe has potential to overlap with existing sonal/space manipulating warframe abilities. namely, wind shear already reminds me of soundquake in its suggested performance. otherwise, go for it.

silencers could alternatively work by reducing the range at which the enemy AI will detect gunfire

recovery boost could actually take a stab at the problem of energy siphon being the most popular artifact, though the other mods still arent particularly appealing

scavenger on the other hand would either make the scavenger artifacts essentially useless or have absurd synergy

counter attack will either be useful or not useful

poison damage would have to be capped at much lower damage than the other elements or have less of its damage frontloaded and more in the DoT to be balanced. on the other hand, if more of it is in the DoT you have to ask whether multiple hits of poison stack.

shotgun slugs i have wanted for a long time now, but i do have to worry whether that brings back shotgun sniping to some degree. the slug mod might already overlap with narrowminded or a mod for reducing damage falloff depending on how it works. on the other hand, having shotgun slugs is just cooler

most of these ideas are great utility mod suggestions, though a few are more situational.

an air-themed warframe has potential to overlap with existing sonal/space manipulating warframe abilities. namely, wind shear already reminds me of soundquake in its suggested performance. otherwise, go for it.

silencers could alternatively work by reducing the range at which the enemy AI will detect gunfire

recovery boost could actually take a stab at the problem of energy siphon being the most popular artifact, though the other mods still arent particularly appealing

scavenger on the other hand would either make the scavenger artifacts essentially useless or have absurd synergy

counter attack will either be useful or not useful

poison damage would have to be capped at much lower damage than the other elements or have less of its damage frontloaded and more in the DoT to be balanced. on the other hand, if more of it is in the DoT you have to ask whether multiple hits of poison stack.

shotgun slugs i have wanted for a long time now, but i do have to worry whether that brings back shotgun sniping to some degree. the slug mod might already overlap with narrowminded or a mod for reducing damage falloff depending on how it works. on the other hand, having shotgun slugs is just cooler

most of these ideas are great utility mod suggestions, though a few are more situational.

its first ability would be called Wind Cutter or possibly air splitter, tempest swings quickly in a wide arc making the air act like a vaccuum and slicing and shredding all who are caught by it (mid ranged attack). There is a sci fi way to explain it, we just have to think of one. also the hover ability would be unique as well, essentially he'd be able to create this air bladder by condensing specific molecules around him, possibly helium?

Edited by Reaver_X

• 2 weeks later...

Oi. I tried. I have the image in my head.

My hand just fails miserably at translating.

you should see the image i have in my head!, now if only i could stop procrastinating on drawing and could see it clearly when i attempt to draw, then i could put it online.....but i don't have anything to put it online with.

i was thinking, what if 1 or 2 of his abilities revolved around dismembering enemies with his focused slices of air. Or would that be too powerful as it would sorta be like perma-stun.

in that case should we just stick with the slowdown and dot after initial damage for the ult?