Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Weapon Sound

Torhque

In a recent hotfix, [DE]Rebecca said

Hek Sound Changes

As widely requested, Hek’s original sound has been restored and our Sound Team has made it work with the new weapon sound tech.

I'd love for the legacy Braton Vandal sound to return. Here's why:

OLD FIRING SOUND

CURRENT FIRING SOUND

@[DE]George Would you consider adding weapon sounds to the Market like all other cosmetic items? You're our only hope haha

Edited by Torhque

• 2 weeks later...

Sound packs for platnium feel like a bad idea but the current sounds for a lot of the weapons do feel weak compared to some of the old ones. Sounds like im shooting a staple gun with several of them. Hek, Viper, Braton, Soma to name a few.

It would feel wrong if a certain update comes out that changed the audio and you would be forced to spend platinum to keep the old sounds. Would be better if sounds were just local audio files we could just edit or change ourselves like other some other games.

Edited by kattskinner

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see a reason why they can't just add some sort of "style" tab for weapons under appearance where you can select skins and different sounds other than it would take a bit to code in the tab and then link some files and stuff. Like have the old "boxy" ogris or torid model under this section as well as the optional old sound for people who want it instead of just a skin like people have been requesting. 

Skins are nice, but it would be even nicer if they changed how the weapon sounded, such as changing a braton prime to another skin would make it sound like that specific skin would instead of a braton prime, the same as if the ogris got its boxy look as a free skin option it would need to sound different for it to make sense. 

On 6/27/2016 at 5:07 AM, superbot34 said:

-snip-

It would be nice, but I doubt DE would consider doing it.

I'm sure they have their reasons for changing the visual style of things. I wish they'd be more forthcoming about the information.

They probably explained it in a Devstream at some point, but it'd be nice if they added notes in the update logs.

• 1 month later...