Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod capacity

Shometsuu

Question

6 answers to this question

Initial mod capacity is now tied to your Mastery Rank, you get a buffer on mod capacity equal to your mastery rank now, and your mod capacity on frames and weapons will only visibly increase when you surpass that level on the weapon on warframe, IE:

If you are MR 6, your weapon or warframe will have a mod capacity of 6 (or 12 with catalyst/reactor) for all levels 6 and below, and will only start increasing when they are past level 6, hope that makes sense.

Edited by Gelkor

Haha I knew this new system would lead to a lot of confusion. Knowing DE, they'll never implement a proper tutorial either. New players will just be mystified with why their weapons suddenly start with 2 or 3 mod slots, and why nothing changes the first few levels. 

The new change is a good thing, but it could've been a lot better. The way it was done is very messy.

Anyway, OP, here it is:

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

The starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

1. Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  2. Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting Mod capacity is 20.
  3. Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

The formula is:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (x2 if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

33 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Haha I knew this new system would lead to a lot of confusion. Knowing DE, they'll never implement a proper tutorial either. New players will just be mystified with why their weapons suddenly start with 2 or 3 mod slots, and why nothing changes the first few levels. 

The new change is a good thing, but it could've been a lot better. The way it was done is very messy.

The tip window in the mod/arsenal screen will actually tell you this in-game. There really ought to be someplace (maybe in the codex) that tells you what the hell mastery rank does though--and maybe how to get it--if they're going to continue tying things to it.

54 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Anyway, OP, here it is:

Only if people don't read the launcher (which is a "problem" in just about every MMO).

Though to be honest, Warframe population is especially bad about it (just flip through the first 10 pages and see how many repeated questions there are about various subjects). Most people don't seem to know what a search function is. I guess it can be attributed to types who are attracted to the fast pace shooter games. 

By no means am I defending DE, the tutorial is short and definitely not thoroughly inclusive of all pertinent information. But the other side of that is, I'm quite sure DE realized who they were catering to and that their main population would blow through/ignore anything but the shortest tutorial anyways. Most game developers run into the "do we spend money and resources on: 1) a tutorial 90% of the population won't use or 2) the game" I imagine DE did the 2nd and it was probably a wise choice on their end. The reality is they did put little things in various places to answer the questions that pop up, *if* you look around, in the game. And it is kind of nice not having everything spoon fed, that was part of the game's charm for me if I'm being honest.

Edited by Wopel