Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best loadouts against specific factions (and more)

Pansai

Question

A lot of threads ask for the "best weapons" and I composed this as an answer but decided to give it it's own thread.

I guess it's been asked so many times and answered in so many different ways because there simply is no answer, just personal suggestions by players.

And I think there isn't even a best weapon in any category, but (maybe) a best weapon modded in a special way for a certain combination of faction, mission and frame.

So here is what I determined to work best for my playstyle as of today:

• Grineer
    Vaykor Hek (crit build), Rakta Ballistica and Destreza (crit build) / all modded for max Puncture + Viral

• Corpus
    Synoid Simulor, Vaykor Marelok and Amphis / all modded for max Magnetic + Impact / the Amphis chosen for Speed + 100% AoE Electric proc on ground slam for CC
    Spoiler

Btx3gkX.jpg

• Infested
    (Saryn with) Ignis, Acrid and Lesion / Ignis modded for max Gas, Acrid modded for max Status & Radiation, Lesion modded for max Gas, Slash, Speed and Range 
    for other frames I prefer a Soma Prime (crit build) & Atomos (max Gas)
    Spoiler

vmpKp4C.jpg

• Void
    Sancti Tigris, Vaykor Marelok and Destreza (crit build) / all modded for max Corrosive

• Defense
    Frost (max Range > max Efficiency > max Duration) with Synoid Simulor or Sobek or Soma Prime (Nullie stopper), Vaykor Marelok
    Spoiler

uNv6poF.png

• Exterminate
    Ash with Nikana Prime (Crit/Slash build + Weeping Wounds) and Carrier Prime (collects energy during BladeStorm so you never run out)
    Spoiler

waihXGm.png

arSkY1o.jpg

• Spy (solo)
    Loki (invis build) with Karyst (Covert Lethality + max dmg) or Ceramic Dagger (Covert Lethality + max Speed) & Prisma Shade (w/o weapon)

• Stealth
    Ivara (or Loki) with Paris Prime (crit build) & Talons (max Blast dmg + Status) & Ceramic Dagger (Covert Lethality + max Speed) & Prisma Shade (w/o weapon)
    Spoiler

vSfJqJb.jpg

Ceramic dagger (Covert lethality speed build):

oWPCtBS.jpg

I'd love to read your input on these and your suggestions... always eager to learn. Feel free to ask why I made a certain choice.

I will change this list whenever I get interesting input that works well after some playtesting.

And I hope you get some ideas on what to build or try.

Edited by Pansai
added some more builds

5 answers to this question

We all know the real winner.

Saryn,

Can bypass sheilds with toxin.

Can do massive damage to grineer.

Can easily murder infested.

She has a prime for void.

Stealth, just use any frame. If you are looking to cheese, I suggest any invisible frame.

-----------

Or Valkyr with Obex.

Impact, high speed attacks, invunerablility, armor decreasing.

The only thing she doesn't have is a prime counterpart.

Stealth is easy to rush using zipline.

---------

My loadouts usually have corrosive on the primary and radiation on the secondary. Corrosive is good overall and radiation is great against alloy armor + it uses primed heated charge.

Against corpus and in the void it's also important to bring a weapon that works well against nullifiers.

Also against corpus it's often useful to just ignore shields and go with toxin damage.