Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts Need To Be Fixed Or Scrapped

Detectivetoast

Let us look at the ? alerts over the past 24 hours.

Rejuvenation

Rejuvenation

Rejuvenation

Rifle Amp

Sniper Scavenger

Energy Siphon

Sniper Scavenger

Sniper Scavenger

Is there something wrong here?

You can say "random number generator" all you want, but that doesn't make the system any less dumb.

If you want to have alerts function off an RNG, that is fine, although utter $&*^s to people whose lives are not scheduled to the alert system. I would hate to be the person who was busy during one of the two only vauban helmet alerts over the course of three months.

Potatos and Vaubans have obviously been taken out of the RNG pool. The last potato was a livestream special, other than that there hasn't been a potato for over a month. There were 4 vauban alerts right after he was released, then none during the entirety of june and the first bit of july, with only vauban alerts as an E3 special.

The system seems to only be there to say 'oh you can get vauban and potatos without paying, so it's definitely not p2w'

Combine that with the fact that most alerts are 30-40 minutes long. That means that if you are at work, at school, asleep, or doing anything other then being on the computer with some form of alert notifier up, chances are you will miss the once a month time when something good is actually on an alert.

Technically you can right this off as 'RNG' untechnically that is a crock of BS. There is no reason to make them so easily missed, unless you want to spite your players or something. There have been 12 hour alerts before, the livestream alerts.

Why not make the 'definitely-in-the-rng-pool' potatos and vauban parts have 12 hour alerts so that the people who say... are out living their life can still have a chance to get them? There is no reason not to do that. None. It is simply bad design that infuriates players.

It will not make people buy vauban with platinum because they missed the only helmet alert in 1.5 months, it will make them quit the game.

Even ignoring all that, the system is still horribly flawed.

It will go days just giving out sniper scavenger and pistol scavenger, not giving out any of the BPs as rewards (when was the last time you saw a ceramic dagger) and all of those items you only need to get once. So once you do a sniper scavenger reward then you'll never want to do another one (though why you got it in the first place, I don't know as it is useless) yet these alerts pop up every day.

This would be so easy to fix, just simply make it so once something has been in an alert it can't come up again until X number of alerts have passed so you don't get this BS of 3 rejuvenations in a row. Make it so there are more alerts that are worthwhile, I don't want the heat dagger or the jaw sword BP, they are awful, awful weapons. I'd jump at alert for a control module or 200 plastids.

Right now the alert system seems to be a way for DE to claim that you can get any item ingame without paying, but it's so obviously fake that it's insulting. That combined with the lack of any real rewards from it leave the question of 'why is it still even there?'

Edited by Detectivetoast

While I agree overall that the alert system needs to be changed, it's still june, mid june, and we JUST had some vauban alerts, and they were random I believe, not scheduled.

Potatos and Vaubans have obviously been taken out of the RNG pool. The last potato was a livestream special, other than that there hasn't been a potato for over a month. There were 4 vauban alerts right after he was released, then none during the entirety of june and the first bit of july, with only vauban alerts as an E3 special.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Wonder how well more alerts would work. Half imagined something like two for the newbies, two aimed for players who haven't quite gotten to the high level planets yet and the other two tend to be aimed towards players who've done it all.

Newbie alerts are significantly more likely to give artifacts as rewards, while the rest have a much better chance to give out blueprints 

Could use some trimming of the alert reward table as well. (Plasma Sword, Heat Dagger, Heat Sword, possibly the Ceramic Dagger as well)

Random Number Generator*

*As long as those numbers are 1, 2, and 3.

Oh, and here's a crazy idea for alerts: Reaper Prime and Latron Prime parts.

I'm tired of getting the same thing over and over again from void missions.

Seriously though, some diversity in rewards would be nice.

It will not make people buy vauban with platinum because they missed the only helmet alert in 1.5 months, it will make them quit the game.

Or... Y'know.. It will make them play as they always have?... It's not like you NEED Vauban to play Warframe, y'know?... And he ain't exactly premium win material, he's on par with some starter frames like Excalibur.

And now that they put Kestrel on the market, Glaive is no longer the only option for throwable melee. So, if you missed Glaive alerts or didn't got them as login rewards, you'll just... y'know... keep playing the game?

Now stop blowing things out of proportion because of frustration. I'm not saying this is good, but hey, today we got Rejuvenation and Energy Syphon. Everybody needs Rejuvenation and Energy Syphon, it took me like 2 weeks into Warframe to finally get those, and that was when we had no Glaive, Vauban or Forma in the Alerts (Yes, Forma is actually into the Alert RNG. Just hasn't dropped yet.)

Edited by ReiganCross

I do agree that the Alert System seems to be somewhat, odd, since Update 8 (been playing since January and I've never seen so many duplicates in a row). That begin said, I do value DE's desire to keep the system, as it does feel good to get that lucky alert or happen to be on at the right time (I rarely am though, I can't believe I missed that Vau helmet...).

I also agree in a token-like system for Warframe, but whenever the subject comes up, everyone always thinks we can only have one or the other, but why cant we have a token system and the alert system? If you give the non-? alerts crafting materials and either a chance to get a token or a piece of a token and allow you to trade in these super rare Orokin Tokens for other rare artifacts (rejuv, phys, ect), top secret blueprints (vauban, dark sword, ect), and other supplementary boosts (scavengers, amps, ect).

Having a balance of both, gives you that chance to just happen to get home from work and see something good and get it right there, but also allows you to have a record-able amount of progress towards something you desire. Obviously they'll have to balance the spawn rate of non-? alerts with this change, but hey at least we'll do them right?

Just my 2 cents! :)

Edit: formating error o_O

Edited by Delsaber