Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse Cursor jumping around and going crazy.

Kiyomaru-EN-

Question

Hello everyone, since a few weeks my mouse has started acting up when playing Warframe. It tends to act up when ever I am in a menu, like the mod-selection screen. It jumps around a lot and gets "stuck" a lot. This problem is getting really annoying especially since sometimes it persists after I close the menu, which means that my camera keeps looking upwards, with little to no chance to lower it.

I tried switching ports, changing the poll rate, the DPI (that helps sometimes, but is way to unreliable), increased the sensetivity in game etc. The mouse works fine outside of the game, and while it also acted up when I was playing Portal 2, it happened very seldomly.

I'm using an optical ISY IPG 5000 mouse and I am running Win10 with all the latest updates, running a dual-monitor setup, with the game set to borderless fullscreen.

4 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Are you using a tablet? I've experienced what you're describing after using a tablet for a while. If you do, then try cleaning it, or just unplug it whenever you don't use it.

You mean like a graphical tablet? No. I am just using my mouse and occasionally my 360 Gamepad.

Probably a software or driver issue on your computer, that it happened in another game just proves it isn't Warframe problem.

Also are you sure the controller isn't connected and the cause of the input? Like is it upside down and the stick being pushed in some direction?

Yes, because my Gamepad is usually unplug when I play Warframe. The question now is: how can I find out what exactly causes the Problem? I've tried several things already, like checking the windows settings for the driver, but to no avail. I also tried to find a new version of the driver software that came along with my mouse, but haven't had any luck so far.

Update: The Problem still persists after a complete system-wipe and clean install.

I've tried several options so far: 

• Disabling Scroll Inactive Window
  • Disable Mouse Acceleration
  • Dis/Enable V-Sync both in Game and within my GPU's control center
  • In/Decreasing Poll-Rate
  • In/Decreasing DPI
  • Activating PCI-Lock ( Apperantly caused a System-Wipe)
  • Deactivating High Definition Audio
  • Uninstalling High Definition Audio
  • Updating HID-Drivers
  • Utilizing MarkC Mouse fix
  • Disabling Cortana
  • Disabling DVR Capture in the Xbox App
  • Changing USB-Ports
  • Disabling Windows Ability to turn of USB-Ports to save energy
  • Changing Display Modes and Windows Resolution.

Honestly guys, I have no idea what else to try. I did try to use a different mouse, but I've read several times, that even if a different mouse works, the problem my occur again, so I am kinda hesistant to buy a new mouse. Has anybody more ideas I could try?

Edited by Kiyomaru
Update