Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wave 100 On Outer Terminus (Tcpi)

TorrentWolf

Test Clan Please Ignore's "Banana Squad" finished 100 waves on Io Jupiter last weekend and we decided that Infested defense wasn't tough enough.

So we hit (and destroyed) Outer Terminus tonight:

jGrondo: http://imgur.com/a/zTbjG - Frost Prime

TorrentWolf: http://imgur.com/a/YJq2b - Nyx

Twisted_Mentat: http://i.imgur.com/8hJ40xe.jpg - Banshee

We could have easily gone much farther than we did but chose to end it at 100 for the sake of time; we made 3 earlier attempts and spent at least 10-hours until we finally reached our goal.

Edited by TorrentWolf

Now try doing it with ember,volt,mag and rhino.

We tossed around the idea of using Volt as a pseudo-Frost, using Electric Shield to protect the Cryopod from incoming fire.

Truth be told, it would take far more time and effort to attempt such a (nearly) impossible feat. At wave 50, most enemies can one or two shot the pod; above wave 75, a single mistake results in a failure. I'm not saying it can't be done...

Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone else post 100 waves on Corpus defense yet.

I'm sure it's been done before, I just haven't seen it. So at this point, we'll just wait and twiddle our thumbs while someone else challenges our current score.

Edited by TorrentWolf

It's ridiculous how easy these missions are with Vauban, Frost and Nyx. Would be nice to see other classes buffed to this level of usefulness.

Pretty sure it'd take approximately 43 days to kill a level 600+ without Sonar, lol.

How long does it take to kill a level 650 ancient? o.o

Heavy units at that level have so much armor that all of my weapons were doing single to double digit damage. I don't think I've ever taken the time to actually kill one without Sonar but I will tell you this: it would take a very, very long time. Your damage output without any serious amplification is floored by the time you hit wave 75 and beyond, each wave taking about 3 to 5 minutes to complete (if not more).

Pretty sure it'd take approximately 43 days to kill a level 600+ without Sonar, lol.

I'd say that's roughly accurate.

Sonar is an absolute necessity in high wave defense missions simply for this fact.

Absolutely no challenge to do this, unfortunately, except it takes more and more time to kill ennemies.

Actually a bot on frost would do a better job than a human (auto-refresh orb every 30 seconds..). 

I really hope DE will add some new ennemy mechanics in order to break the current meta and to really challenge a good and organized team (like you seem to have, for sure !:)

Well, good job... but I was expecting something more. Frost, Nyx and Vauben can be nerfed. Rhino is completely useless.

This is just weak guys just weak is this.

To watch this guy making himself a bigman with OP classes. Sad sad sad

Everyone got orgis? Why? is it really that good at later levels?

We noticed it worked exceptionally well on Infested defense and decided to give it a go in the Corpus run; being able to damage multiple enemies at a time is really nice and cut down on the time it took us to complete the mission by a lot. It's nothing special at later levels compared to every other weapon, it still suffers serious damage reduction due to armor, however it is extremely ammo conservative. We could have done this with shotguns and semi-autos but it made more sense to use rockets for the AoE aspect.

Absolutely no challenge to do this, unfortunately, except it takes more and more time to kill ennemies.

Actually a bot on frost would do a better job than a human (auto-refresh orb every 30 seconds..). 

I really hope DE will add some new ennemy mechanics in order to break the current meta and to really challenge a good and organized team (like you seem to have, for sure !:)

I'm glad you added that last part because this actually was very challenging. (I suspect that's why not many, if any, people have reached wave 100 on Corpus defense.)

Frost is required but it's not an easy job. A single mistake on the timing and you lose... that might not seem like much but when you've been doing it for 4 hours, it's really easy to make one.

Good job sirs! Great-looking run!

Thanks for the support, good sir!

A group gets to Wave 100 and people give more likes to the comment about ignoring it than the main post.

Dat jealousy.

Agreed. I have been learning not to feed the trolls, however. Best to just ignore them in return.

I'm impressed, I've never gotten past wave 35 but then I've always had to wing it with a completely random pug that never had the mandatory 3 of Frost, Nyx and Vauban for defense.

What were the rewards like?