Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Display Driver Crashing

aHappyDoughnut

Question

Anyone else having this problem? After like an hour of being in-game my screen turns black, and when the picture returns my sound is completely gone, Also all youtube videos turn into slideshows(literally 1 frame per 5 seconds).

I updated my Driver and that didn't fix the issue, im not that great with computers so any help is appreciated.

(If anyone asks, this is in fact an issue with Warframe as my Display Driver never crashed before I installed Warframe)

15 answers to this question

I still crash occasionally, simple fix is shortcut key to close warframe reboot login and join back up with your squad.  I usually manually DC and reboot every 25 waves or every 30min in survival keep my  poor pc running.  my specs are:

Graphics Card:  Intel Integrated Graphics M380

CPU I3 2.53ghz first gen baby

4GB ram

0 Video memory.

and Average 25fps at 800x600 res.

My problem is most likely not the same as yours so some specs would be handy.

5 minutes ago, Soulvengeance said:

I still crash occasionally, simple fix is shortcut key to close warframe reboot login and join back up with your squad.  I usually manually DC and reboot every 25 waves or every 30min in survival keep my  poor pc running.  my specs are:

Graphics Card:  Intel Integrated Graphics M380

4GB ram

0 Video memory.

My problem is most likely not the same as yours so some specs would be handy.

As for you, your problem is the fact that you own a glorified potato ;3

O no not just any Glorified Potato, a glorified Dell Potato that some how runs games it should never touch.  Kinda like Ignaros, big bulky slow killing but keeps going. Best part is, its going on 5 years old and all original (and a laptop too boot).  Not to brag, just thought a $300 dollar computer would have killed it by now. 

I actually installed Warframe just yesterday, so I have no idea when the latest patch happened but It is probably something with this patch that is messing with my Display driver as I have played Warframe prior to this and everything worked fine then.

5 minutes ago, aHappyDoughnut said:

I actually installed Warframe just yesterday, so I have no idea when the latest patch happened but It is probably something with this patch that is messing with my Display driver as I have played Warframe prior to this and everything worked fine then.

In that case, send a ticket to support. Sorry I couldn't help you further!

my only two recommendations would be a Clean Install of your Video Drivers, and to make sure Windows is up to date.
if still no dice, then yes, talk to Support.

it's really strange to see TDR issues still happening even though the TDR issues on both AMD and Nvidia side were supposed to be resolved already(many months ago)! (and as far as i can tell, with almost everyone, they are).

33 minutes ago, Soulvengeance said:

Graphics:  Intel Integrated Graphics M380
4GB ram
0 Video memory.

i really hate it when Intel doesn't put a Model Number on their iGPU's. they haven't done that in a while but for a short bit they did, and it was really annoying.
http://ark.intel.com/products/50178/Intel-Core-i3-380M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_53-GHz

(you also do have Video Memory, it has to have some, absolutely none wouldn't work - probably 128-512 MBytes + sharing 1gig from System Memory)

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

my only two recommendations would be a Clean Install of your Video Drivers, and to make sure Windows is up to date.
if still no dice, then yes, talk to Support.

it's really strange to see TDR issues still happening even though the TDR issues on both AMD and Nvidia side were supposed to be resolved already(many months ago)! (and as far as i can tell, with almost everyone, they are).

i really hate it when Intel doesn't put a Model Number on their iGPU's. they haven't done that in a while but for a short bit they did, and it was really annoying.
http://ark.intel.com/products/50178/Intel-Core-i3-380M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_53-GHz

(you also do have Video Memory, it has to have some, absolutely none wouldn't work - probably 128-512 MBytes + sharing 1gig from System Memory)