Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game freezing/crashing

NazeeKatzee

So sometimes my game freezes windows to the point where I have to shut off the power and turn the computer on again. It doesn't happen frequently but maybe once every 4-8 hours of gameplay. Most of the crashes happen right before we end too so when I finally rejoin that 20 min survival/10 wave sortie defence/void mission, I manage to get 0 loot when I reconnect. I love this game but to be honest there is a lot of loot I deserved, all gone. :(

I read the other topics about it, disable physX, underclock, installed latest drivers etc... I never had this problem on an older computer of mine running windows 7. This one runs windows 10. If anyone have any more suggestions or help that would be appreciated.

Specs:

2500k i5

16 gb ram DDR3

120 GB SSD

GTX 780

Edited by NazeeKatzee

Ok, so i just got mesa and when i put her on, the game became a black mess and a short while later the game froze.
I have no clue why this happened, but i also couldn't view Mesa's Tennogen helmets. If i can get an explanation (or even better, a fix to this issue), that would be nice.

v9rbjoq

Edited by Dragunny
Added info

1 hour ago, Dragunny said:

Ok, so i just got mesa and when i put her on, the game became a black mess and a short while later the game froze.

Strange. This only happens when you equip Mesa? You may want to try verifying your game files. This can be done by clicking the cogwheel on the Warframe launcher.

On 6/6/2016 at 0:10 AM, NazeeKatzee said:

So sometimes my game freezes windows to the point where I have to shut off the power and turn the computer on again. It doesn't happen frequently but maybe once every 4-8 hours of gameplay. Most of the crashes happen right before we end too so when I finally rejoin that 20 min survival/10 wave sortie defence/void mission, I manage to get 0 loot when I reconnect. I love this game but to be honest there is a lot of loot I deserved, all gone. :(

The next time you have Windows crash can you take note of the time and then try opening "Event Viewer" in Windows? You should be able to just search for it on the taskbar. 
Once in Event Viewer, expand the "Custom Views" folder, and select "Administrative Events". 

Do you see any errors around the time your PC crashed? Critical errors? Warnings? If you click on the error/critical error/warning then the description that appears at the bottom of Event Viewer should give us an idea of what the cause was.

Here's an example of the warning you would see if the cause of your PC crash was a TDR (timeout detection and recovery):
---

5OfqLBt.png

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Strange. This only happens when you equip Mesa? You may want to try verifying your game files. This can be done by clicking the cogwheel on the Warframe launcher.

The next time you have Windows crash can you take note of the time and then try opening "Event Viewer" in Windows? You should be able to just search for it on the taskbar. 
Once in Event Viewer, expand the "Custom Views" folder, and select "Administrative Events". 

Do you see any errors around the time your PC crashed? Critical errors? Warnings? If you click on the error/critical error/warning then the description that appears at the bottom of Event Viewer should give us an idea of what the cause was.

Here's an example of the warning you would see if the cause of your PC crash was a TDR (timeout detection and recovery):
---

5OfqLBt.png

Dimitri, if OP is experiencing the same problem that I am experiencing - It doesn't crash the PC.

This problem results in our display(s) becoming black screens with no input detected and we have to force shutdown the PC with the power button.

Every single time I play warframe, this happens. Even after 18.14.0.1

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz

8GB RAM

nVidia GTX 970

Edited by xhris

Well Ive had a similar problem all night so far, but not as severe and im running windows 10 as well. It is not nearly as strong of a computer but it is still good enough to run this game at a base 30-40 fps. Anyways on to the details of the problem, basically the game will either black screen(done when it is in full screen mode), or it will freeze the last rendered frame from warframe on the screen and prevent anything else from being brought to the front(done when it is in borderless full screen mode). Now as a side note when it is in borderless full screen mode it will allow you to try and alt tab with sound from the game stopping and all(havent been able to test while in full screen mode) but seeing as the screen is frozen with the last rendered frame of warframe you cant do anything.

Only remedy so far was to click on the game(clicking at all since it is stuck on top anyways) and pressing alt+f4 to close the game. However the game has been doing this every 5-20 minutes since I logged on today which is already quite annoying. Also just because someone did post something about error reporting from windows, there is nothing there. Literally no errors of the time it froze up show in that management console.

It doesnt seem any luck happened with verifying since it didnt download anything, still optimizing it though to see if that can help at all.