Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Affinity farming on DPS frames, support frames and weapons

gluih

I got back to formaing some warframes, since last friday baro brought primed continuity alongside some other primed mods. What I noticed while putting all the forma on frames and weapons is, that the amount of time I have to put into the different items varies a lot.

Weapons aren't really all that hard to level. They can easily be taken to a defense and just level up, because other players kill stuff and if I really want to levle it quickly I can take it to a spy mission. And then if I really want the weapon at 30 right away I can just go to draco for a few rounds.

Warframes in general are harder to level up. They need more xp, you don't get an advantage for using less weapons, they don't get a lot of xp from teammates killing enemies and most of them are bad at doing spy missions.

Another big problem is that the abilities are so bad when leveling. It makes sense, that they deal less damage, but the reduced duration and range can be really bad.

The only upside to leveling a warframe is that you get full affinity when killing stuff with abilities. So leveling a frame like ember works reasonably well, especially now that you get more mod capacity from the start. Loki and Ivara have the advantage of being able to do spy missions very easily.

Since most of the bossfights aren't done all that often, why not make them a good place to farm affinity for warframes? They don't have to be on the same level as draco or spy missions. Maybe just letting us kill them at a higher level would be enough to make this a nice alternative. I would also add a high dropchance for the basic mods(streamline, serration, intensify, etc). So there would be a very easy way to get those for newer players. This way there would be a nice alternative for the most annoying xp farm.

If you have any other ideas, where affinity could be added to the game or if you actually have a good way to farm affinity solo please comment.