Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Build

(PSN)joshw1400

Question

9 answers to this question

My go-to stealth'n build: (Artemis Bow on this build goes pretty far, I've taken it to sorties and it still does a good job)

D58C3D086D43A728E9410C68248B6F5A6B3F3609

Support-Bubble build: (For keeping other players invisible, or sleeping large groups of enemies at once, aka using your #1 a lot)

6E2A61F251C667F7C3BA539804DAC6636B496130

Extreme-Artemis build, for when I really want to make sure it dies in one hit:

43754461D2EA30D079558C3CC0493F92D74A0331

Recommended rifle build for Artemis Bow. Highly recommend using on (Dex) Sybaris, because the build works well for both rifle and power that way.

71BA4BAF7520BB19FD78C149EC4E8155B9225CF6

Edit: Just noticed, my Ivara build C is using Energy Siphon. Oops.

That should be Corrosive Projection.

Also, an explanation about parkour: My logic behind having parkour mods on my builds is to have a contingency plan for when Prowl is no longer effective in a given situation, due to squishyness (even with health/shield mods). For instance, bombards. There's no DR associated with Prowl, so if there's a bunch of rockets flying towards you, your best chance is to parkour the hek out of there before returning to Prowl, rather than staying in Prowl and hoping for the best.

They're also nice for when you're running around and shooting without using Prowl at all, which is something I do at lower levels. (Especially with the Artemis Bow, that thing can mop the floor with the massive groups of enemies it can hit in a single volley...)

Edited by DeltaPhantom

I was going to post my build, but I just looked at all of the ones above and they are not at all what I've chosen to mod.  It occurred to me that it technically doesn't matter so much which mods you put into your frames.  It is more important to build for how you play them, and what you want them to accomplish.  Ivara is no exception to that.

Personally I put Vitality, Primed Flow, and Quick Thinking into her.  This grants her a relatively large effective health that not everyone notices.  I always demand some sturdiness from my frames, even the "glass cannon" types.  I don't like bleeding out... it makes me feel like a burden rather than an asset.  Totally my opinion, but no less viable than other builds.  If you couple a power-efficient Prowl with ~1900ish effective health, you can outlast anyone in Survival.  (Word of advice on survivability with her: bring a Redeemer with a Life Strike mod as her melee weapon for when you inevitably catch some AoE damage... you're welcome.)

I mod for very high range with moderate duration and efficiency.  The upside of this is that my CC is top notch, and CC is something that is useful no matter how high the enemy levels get.  This does make my Artemis bow much weaker than other builds, but since I don't like that power anyway (and the fact that its utility will continue to drop off when you take her for more challenging content) it doesn't matter to me at all.  My sleep arrow's range has saved many Intercept missions and my high range/moderate duration cloak arrow makes me a great battle field medic.

You'll probably want to get out there and play Ivara a bit before you decide on her build.  Many people will give you good ideas, but since her utility is a bit more vast than other frames, you'll want to make her build one that works for you more than anyone else.

27 minutes ago, Windspike said:

(Word of advice on survivability with her: bring a Redeemer with a Life Strike mod as her melee weapon for when you inevitably catch some AoE damage... you're welcome.)

Don't.

Channeling in general with the redeemer will chew through your energy like there's no tomorrow, because each pellet counts as a hit. 10 pellets * 5 (base) = 50 energy per shot on a solid hit, or 120 energy per shot if you have Life Strike and no channeling efficiency mods.

For best results, I suggest Karyst with Covert Lethality + Life Strike. Combine with Sleep Arrows. Guaranteed full health from a single mid-level target. (This also works well with Inaros. Anything 35-40+ will take him from 2 health to full in one go.)

Edited by DeltaPhantom

5 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

Don't.

Channeling in general with the redeemer will chew through your energy like there's no tomorrow.

For best results, I suggest Karyst with Covert Lethality + Life Strike. Combine with Sleep Arrows. Guaranteed full health from a single mid-level target. (This also works well with Inaros. Anything 35-40+ will take him from 2 health to full in one go.)

Interesting.  Charging a finisher attack counts towards life steal?  I honestly didn't know that.  That is a good approach, I agree.  (I have tried that with Inaros, and yes, it's beautiful.)

However, I disagree about Redeemer eating all of your energy.  If that's happening, it's a user error.  You don't take consistent damage with Ivara.  Every time you're using lifesteal, you probably only made a random, slight misstep so your energy should be near full.  Now that totally depends on your play style and if you're using her as the subtle damage-dealer she is.  It is possible that using Redeemer/LS after some catastrophic damage that dropped your health AND your energy (if you're using quick thinking that is) could do more harm than good.  In that case, your way would be better, yes.  But if you're playing Ivara like you should be, having a ranged method of restoring life far outweighs the danger there.  I personally love restoring both health and energy from inside a cloak bubble twenty or thirty meters away.  Just my recommendation.