The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Landing Craft Mysteries

Vidsurfer555

1 minute ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

Holy crap that's cool.  Yo, I love how there are so many small details like this in the game.  I'd assume the green thing is a Grineer ship, but it doesn't exactly look like a Galleon.

It has what looks like large dishes of a modern telecommunication satellite pointed at the moon. I think it was the relay that void cloaked the moon. You are there in the quest line. Unless it was meant to be a galleon and the model is messed up. That's totally possible,

On the topics of:

The Orbiter.

A multiple choice background.

Allowing people to make it so that instead of playing The Hero their Operator is just one Tenno among many.

Who'd like the option for their Orbiter to be a fairly beaten up relic instead of a fairly sleek looking carrier?

Again, not kidding. At all. I think it would be really cool* if one of the options in that hypothetical, completely impractical multiple choice past thing was a question about what kind of orbital carrier your character ended up with.

Option A: A sleek Tenno Orbiter using default interior layout, very clean lines, lots of smooth curves, ascetic design. Ship Cephalon: Ordis

Option B: A battered Orokin relic, using internal spaces a lot like the Orokin Derelict tileset without the Infestation. For bonus points, have the various consoles and workshops scattered around in a much less convenient fashion than the Tenno carrier. Ship Cephalon: An ancient Orokin AI which was not originally involved in the Warframe project at all. It doesn't actually like you, but it hates the Grineer and Corpus more. Tone of it is cool, calm, distant. Speaks in annoyingly obscure metaphors, refers to you as Traitor, Murderer, or Captain.

Option C: An Orbiter which was even more gutted than the default carrier was, and as a result has been heavily retrofitted with a mix of Grineer and Corpus internal equipment. About the only pure Tenno/Orokin components left are the hull, stealth systems, drive, and Somatic Link. Everything else is networked Grineer and Corpus bitz. Ship Cephalon: A modern AI which attempts to integrate all three different technologies at once, and often gets confused or annoyed at the technical difficulties in making it work. Has no memories of the Old War, and is learning how to actively work with a Tenno as it goes along. Friendly and eager, undamaged, but inexperienced.

*And of course impractical and needlessly annoying to program and playtest.