The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

7 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

*After blowing up a few more ships, he lets the system do itself, and repairs the rest, bringing the hole system fully back online* "What's next?."

"Now we secure the area." Alan says. "And hope that our friends come through that door instead of more enemies."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"I am currently meeting with the other Captains." Ryoko says. "You are welcome to join us. Sven's trial will begin within the hour, and we have ships ready to assist any damage you have taken. Allow us to tend to your wounded and repair what we can. That way you can return to the Origin system fully restocked. No doubt your troops would like to relax a bit after such a conflict."

"I have no idea who is that Sven and what he had done, but thinking of what awaits me at the base makes me want to accept your invitation. As for the nursing, consider our operatives the minimum priority unless the intense medical aid is crucial"

After about five minutes after this message, the oryx-helmeted Oberon frame, painted in the same colour scheme as Teloch's and Therese's frames, entered the tent where the captains gathered. He was armed with Fragor prime, Boar prime and Lex prime.

"Not the circumstances I wanted to see this world in for the first time. Good day, gentlemen... Or at least it could have been worse"

Edited by Teloch

On July 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Rakawan said:

More screens appear, projected by something...

"I do not lie." Darrin says. "One clone, not much. But the Grineer have little use for only one. They like having many, and unfortunately you are only one to them."

The frame vanishes in a flash of golden light. 

You see the door unlock.

"Why don't you see what your 'friend' had in his hand." He says. "Go on. I'll stay here."

If you check you see that the Captain was holding a strange device. An investigation shows an emp coupled with a poison gas emitter. No doubt intended to disable you.

"This is why I ordered the resistance to find you." Darrin says. "Have you ever wondered why they just happened to be there when you woke?"

Ko-Rovak paused for a moment and picked up the poison emitter, rolling it in his hand.

"I must think about this..."

He looked around and slinged the broken miter onto his back and holstered his gremlins. He looked around and looked at the signs, searching for the hangar. 

Rovak tried running to what he thought was to the hangar, dragged down by the weight of the weapons and his warframe

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

"I have no idea who is that Sven and what he had done, but thinking of what awaits me at the base makes me want to accept your invitation. As for the nursing, consider our operatives the minimum priority unless the intense medical aid is crucial"

After about five minutes after this message, the oryx-helmeted Oberon frame, painted in the same colour scheme as Teloch's and Therese's frames, entered the tent where the captains gathered. He was armed with Fragor prime, Boar prime and Lex prime.

"Not the circumstances I wanted to see this world in for the first time. Good day, gentlemen... Or at least it could have been worse"

"Good day." Ryoko says. "How fared your fleets?"

Theylin nods his greetings, as do the other captains.

You there is a flash of golden light and Ulf and Theresa appear with a strange Tenno in a Nekros Prime.

"Here are you two operatives." Tak says. "Safe and sound, captain. They were instrumental in retaking the Citadel."

Edited by Rakawan

43 minutes ago, Dynamon_X said:

Ko-Rovak paused for a moment and picked up the poison emitter, rolling it in his hand.

"I must think about this..."

He looked around and slinged the broken miter onto his back and holstered his gremlins. He looked around and looked at the signs, searching for the hangar. 

Rovak tried running to what he thought was to the hangar, dragged down by the weight of the weapons and his warframe

"That is all I ask." Darrin says. "Here, this should help."

You feel your suit power back up and can finally contact Gritlok.

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

*He places himself near the door, he checks it to see if its locked or not, he grips his pistols* "Alan, get ready, incase we get jumped.."

An Archon in white armor bursts through the door, sweeping his weapon side to side.

Edited by Rakawan

50 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Good day." Ryoko says. "How fared your fleets?"

Theylin nods his greetings, as do the other captains.

You there is a flash of golden light and Ulf and Theresa appear with a strange Tenno in a Nekros Prime.

"Here are you two operatives." Tak says. "Safe and sound, captain. They were instrumental in retaking the Citadel."

"A dozen of irrevocables so far. Mostly light ships pilots and minorly landing ops. The overall technical state is surprisingly good, especially as after a fight with no reckon data and so "blind" force composition"

Cef looked at the Nekros. Seems like he's not used to witnessing group teleporting entities. 

"... Eh. From my information, you two should've dropped low and quiet. But, seeing you intact, means that you probably did well. Just don't tell Teloch that you disobeyed his orders, alright?" 

"We were commanded to assist Chancellor. Technically, we stuck exactly to this order" Therese answered

"He's your mentor, major. So you should know better what to do in this case. But be aware that this attack, or rather the way it had been missed in its premature state, caused certain controversy among warlords. Your boss would probably have helluva time justifying today's decisions, and so irritating him with the reports about your adventures would hardly be helpful"

"I will consider your advice, sir. Although I'm subordinated to a higher-ranked officer and so will proceed exactly how I must"

Ceforus nodded to her last sentence and turned to the captains

"Any early reports on the colony damage? The supposed number of casualties?"

Edited by Teloch

9 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"A dozen of irrevocables so far. Mostly light ships pilots and minorly landing ops. The overall technical state is surprisingly good, especially as after a fight with no reckon data and so correct force composition"

Cef looked at the Nekros. Seems like he's not used to witnessing group teleporting entities. 

"... Eh. From my information, you two should've dropped low and quiet. But, seeing you intact, means that you probably did well. Just don't tell Teloch that you disobeyed his orders, alright?" 

"We were commanded to assist Chancellor. Technically, we stuck exactly to this order" Therese answered

"He's your mentor, major. So you should know better what to do in this case. But be aware that this attack, or rather the way it had been missed in its premature state, caused certain controversy among warlords. Your boss would probably have helluva time justifying today's decisions, and so irritating him with the reports about your adventures would hardly be helpful"

"I will consider your advice, sir. Although I'm subordinated to a higher-ranked officer and so will proceed exactly how I must"

"They were in the basement of the Citadel, and ran a few... errands." Fal says. "Technically they were the lying LOW, as they were in the deepest facility we have. They were not leading the reclamation force, they simply happened to be close enough."

"As for the suddenness". Ryoko says. "We had no knowledge of Corpus interest. Nor did we have time to link your communications to resistance cells, or make a proper introduction."

"Theresa." Tak says. "Why don't you tell the Warlord about the Monastary and what you saw there. For a site of such SIGNIFICANCE I'd imagine his response would be entirely appropriate. The knowledge contained within is certainly worth protecting."

Edited by Rakawan

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"A dozen of irrevocables so far. Mostly light ships pilots and minorly landing ops. The overall technical state is surprisingly good, especially as after a fight with no reckon data and so correct force composition"

"Colony damage was thankfully minimal." Theylin says. "My ships were able to keep the defensive field up, so no stray for reached the planet. The Archons that "defected" were mostly rookies, no match for the Knights."

"My people were prepared for adversity." Melanie says. "Perrin has set aside a reconstruction fund, and since no damage was done that will be used as thanks for your efforts. We even managed to acquire some of the rare materials you were looking for."

Just now, LegionCynex said:

*Zaeed Aims at the White Archon* "Halt!, Identify yourself! *He keeps Alan behind his back*

"Sir Kalin." The Archon says. "Bill, my forces have retaken the upper levels. Have you found the Chancellor."

"She is with the Tenno." Bill says, pushing your weapon down. "We were going to head there once we secured the area."

Just now, LegionCynex said:

*She walks over and looks around* "So where we dump this guy?, where do we get paid?"

Ernest pats your back.

"Easy young lass." He says. "We'll get paid once the trial is complete. Relax, have some fun. There will surely be a celebration."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"They were in the basement of the Citadel, and ran a few... errands." Fal says. "Technically they were the lying LOW, as they were in the deepest facility we have. They were not leading the reclamation force, they simply happened to be close enough."

"As for the suddenness". Ryoko says. "We had no knowledge of Corpus interest. Nor did we have time to link your communications to resistance cells, or make a proper introduction."

"Theresa." Tak says. "Why don't you tell the Warlord about the Monastary and what you saw there. For a site of such SIGNIFICANCE I'd imagine his response would be entirely appropriate. The knowledge contained within is certainly worth protecting."

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Colony damage was thankfully minimal." Theylin says. "My ships were able to keep the defensive field up, so no stray for reached the planet. The Archons that "defected" were mostly rookies, no match for the Knights."

"My people were prepared for adversity." Melanie says. "Perrin has set aside a reconstruction fund, and since no damage was done that will be used as thanks for your efforts. We even managed to acquire some of the rare materials you were looking for."

Being bombarded by a barrage of questions, comments, and information, Ceforus lift his hands for a short moment, gesturing everyone to slow down.

"There is no need to prove your decisions, Therese. The fact that you and sergeant Solberg helped to defend this planet and its inhabitants is absolutely understandable and even more so - encouraged. At least from my point of view. What I did is just pointed out that it may be a good idea to refrain from bothering colonel"

He turned to Melanie. "It's a relief to hear that we all succeeded in protecting civilians... even through bearing sacrifices. I was informed that today we planned to exchange with material aid and the first resource shipment. In light of all that happened today, I would understand if the operation will have to be delayed. Also, if you need some extra help along with the previously negotiated aid, I can trade in favors with certain humanitarian groups to procure at least a humble amount of civil-purposed goods" he paused for a long moment, musing about something, "And I would also ask you to have a word with me in private after we conclude this meeting" 

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Being bombarded by a barrage of questions, comments, and information, Ceforus lift his hands for a short moment, gesturing everyone to slow down.

"There is no need to prove your decisions, Therese. The fact that you and sergeant Solberg helped to defend this planet and its inhabitants is absolutely understandable and even more so - encouraged. At least from my point of view. What I did is just pointed out that it may be a good idea to refrain from bothering colonel"

He turned to Melanie. "It's a relief to hear that we all succeeded in protecting civilians... even through bearing sacrifices. I was informed that today we planned to exchange with material aid and the first resource shipment. In light of all that happened today, I would understand if the operation will have to be delayed. Also, if you need some extra help along with the previously negotiated aid, I can trade in favors with certain humanitarian groups to procure at least a humble amount of civil-purposed goods" he paused for a long moment, musing about something, "And I would also ask you to have a word with me in private after we conclude this meeting" 

"If you have something you need to speak about it would be best to do it now." Melanie says, gesturing for the others to leave. "I doubt we will have time after the trial."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"If you have something you need to speak about it would be best to do it now." Melanie says, gesturing for the others to leave. "I doubt we will have time after the trial."

"Yes. That would also work" He answered, waiting for others to leave

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"Yes. That would also work" He answered, waiting for others to leave

The others leave and Melanie nods.

"Thank you for your assistance." She says. "Your Clan has very impressive weaponry."

She pauses.

"If I may ask." She says. "From a military standpoint. Do soldiers make good leaders?"

Edited by Rakawan

23 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Tsun flickers and collapses into a small sphere of light.

"thank. you." He says. He seems greatly diminished.

"No problem..." Fell looks down at the sphere of light, quickly turning back to the soldiers to keep the hackers secure.

4 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"No problem..." Fell looks down at the sphere of light, quickly turning back to the soldiers to keep the hackers secure.

The Hackers force the ship down near the landing zone. Ryoko waves them over.

"Ulf, Theresa." He says. "This is the Resistance cell that tipped us off about the invasion. As well as the Tenno that assisted them in disabling communications."

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The others leave and Melanie nods.

"Thank you for your assistance." She says. "Your Clan has very impressive weaponry."

She pauses.

"If I may ask." She says. "From a military standpoint. Do soldiers make good leaders?"

"The leadership qualities are not always bound to success in career. The history of our kind knows examples when true leaders came from cohorts of regular soldiers or even peasants. And it also contains examples when incompetent but highly-motivated and insidious individuals made their way to the top only to fail with their responsibilities. You need to look directly at the person and their qualities, not at their current status" he added shortly, "From the example of our group, each and every officer was once a simple grunt or a freelancer".

"Why?" he gave up to his curiosity after answering the question

Edited by Teloch

9 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"The leadership qualities are not always bound to success in career. The history of our kind knows examples when true leaders came from cohorts of regular soldiers or even peasants. And it also contains examples when incompetent but highly-motivated and insidious individuals made their way to the top only to fail with their responsibilities. You need to look directly at the person and their qualities, not at their current status" he added shortly, "From the example of our group, each and every officer was once a simple grunt or a freelancer".

"Why?" he gave up to his curiosity after answering the question

"I do not think I am meant to rule these people." She says. "To lead their armies, yes, but not their civilians."

She sighs.

"But that of course means someone else must do so." She says. "And as acting ruler it falls to me to decide where to find such an individual."

She shrugs.

"But that is my burden." She says. "What did you wish to speak of?"