The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

10 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Hackers force the ship down near the landing zone. Ryoko waves them over.

"Ulf, Theresa." He says. "This is the Resistance cell that tipped us off about the invasion. As well as the Tenno that assisted them in disabling communications."

Ulf and Therse looked at each other, probably thinking how to react. Since they both hadn't a full picture of the events, they had to improvise

"... Good to know that you have reckon personnel" Therse said.

Ulf just nodded cilly

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

Ulf and Therse looked at each other, probably thinking how to react. Since they both hadn't a full picture of the events, they had to improvise

Ulf just nodded cilly

"It's also nice meeting you two. Name's Fell."

Fell let's the soldiers turns loose into fragments again and they circle around him. "So what's the plan now?"

2 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Ulf just nodded cilly

"Commander Sven, at your service." Their leader says. "Sorry we couldn't warn you sooner. We the weather interfered with our transmitter."

Just now, kyrozon said:

"It's also nice meeting you two. Name's Fell."

Fell let's the soldiers turns loose into fragments again and they circle around him. "So what's the plan now?"

"Now." Ryoko says. "We hold a trial for Sven."

The Resistance commander tilts his head.

"The other Sven." Ryoko says. "The one that betrayed us."

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Sir Kalin." The Archon says. "Bill, my forces have retaken the upper levels. Have you found the Chancellor."

"She is with the Tenno." Bill says, pushing your weapon down. "We were going to head there once we secured the area."

*Lowers his weapons down* "Good to see your alive Kalin, Who's the Chancellor and who is she with?, its likely my Nana is protecting her" *He rises a brow, to them* "The place seems clear..b_*He rises both brows* "Alan? Bill?, Do I have Permission to bring in a Healer?, A Trinity? for the wounded?, she can heal almost anything, I'll have Nana retrun home to safety, but what about the meeting we had?, where will that lead to?" *He Says*  

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

Ernest pats your back.

"Easy young lass." He says. "We'll get paid once the trial is complete. Relax, have some fun. There will surely be a celebration."

"Fun? *She tills her little head* "You mean, like partying?, drinking?..*She looks to them, as if she never done it before, like ever, a true bounty hunter in our hands?* "I take the highest bidder of anyone, friend or foe, I;ve never settled down and drank with people" (( Perhaps Sven might try to bride her?, shes very expctal to them))

Lord was leaning on his Scimitar outside the tent where the others were meeting. If he'd heard the man's name right, the commander who everyone wanted to talk to was the one Ryoko had told him to exchange with. He simply waited for him to emerge.

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"I do not think I am meant to rule these people." She says. "To lead their armies, yes, but not their civilians."

She sighs.

"But that of course means someone else must do so." She says. "And as acting ruler it falls to me to decide where to find such an individual."

She shrugs.

"But that is my burden." She says. "What did you wish to speak of?"

"I wanted to speak about this situation impact. You see... Some of our warlords were alarmed by the frequency of emergencies that occurs here. And this sabotage that made the sudden attack possible made them strongly doubt that this colony would eventually prove useful and so is worthy of protection. The fact that we received exactly those reinforcements I asked for means that you have at least three supporters out of five. But, from the political side, the situation looks risky. Teloch is now probably trying to convince others about the necessity of our involvement and the accordance of the steps taken to our mission, but, knowing other warlords, they expect the actual pay-off and the warranties of such situation non-repetition"

Cef opened his HUD and send his comm credentials to Melanie

"I'm the second warlord who is responsible for the external links. So it might be a good idea to stay in touch"

He paused and looked at Melanie firmly

"I'm not supposed to do this, but I'd like to give you a heads-up on the situation with our decision-makers once I study it myself, just so you'd know what to expect and what to do. Preceding your question of my motivation, I have my own reasons to help this frontier which you may characterize as sentimental"

He looked around and poised as if he didn't say anything which may conflict with a diplomatic protocol.

"And about the pay-off. When will your people be able to receive cargo and load the shipment?"

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"I wanted to speak about this situation impact. You see... Some of our warlords were alarmed by the frequency of emergencies that occurs here. And this sabotage that made the sudden attack possible made them strongly doubt that this colony would eventually prove useful and so is worthy of protection. The fact that we received exactly those reinforcements I asked for means that you have at least three supporters out of five. But, from the political side, the situation looks risky. Teloch is now probably trying to convince others about the necessity of our involvement and the accordance of the steps taken to our mission, but, knowing other warlords, they expect the actual pay-off and the warranties of such situation non-repetition"

Cef opened his HUD and send his comm credentials to Melanie

"I'm the second warlord who is responsible for the external links. So it might be a good idea to stay in touch"

He paused and looked at Melanie firmly

"I'm not supposed to do this, but I'd like to give you a heads-up on the situation with our decision-makers once I study it myself, just so you'd know what to expect and what to do. Preceding your question of my motivation, I have my own reasons to help this frontier which you may characterize as sentimental"

He looked around and poised as if he didn't say anything which may conflict with a diplomatic protocol.

"And about the pay-off. When will your people be able to receive cargo and load the shipment?"

"Whenever you can." She says. "Civilian activities where not disrupted much. So we are still on schedule. Whenever your ships arrive we will transfer payment."

She bows.

"Thank you." She says. "We will be taking steps to ensure that such emergencies do not occur again. I assure you that these isolated occurrences are not commonplace."

She tilts her head as a commotion grows outside.

"From the sounds I'd say that the trial is about to begin." She says. "Will you be attending?"

A makeshift court, with chairs and tables, has been set up on the plains. Sven stands with his hands shackled to one table. Richard stands with his briefcase at the other.

Seven, the bartender, sits in the "judge's" seat.

"Sven." He says. "You stand accused of a multitude of crimes. Among the Grineer or Corpus such actions would warrant immediate punishment."

Cheers ring out.

"However we are a democractic and civil society, and as such will not pass judgement until guilt is proven." He says. "The trial begins now. Those wishing to see the execution, should come back in about an hour, for no one here holds any doubt of your guilt. Nonetheless you shall be given chance to defend and explain yourself."

Sven is silent.

"Who here stands in defense of this man?" Seven asks. "Anyone."

Silence fills the "court". Sven looks around as people avoid his gaze.

"I will defend myself." He says softly. 

"Does anyone object to this?" Seven asks.

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Whenever you can." She says. "Civilian activities where not disrupted much. So we are still on schedule. Whenever your ships arrive we will transfer payment."

She bows.

"Thank you." She says. "We will be taking steps to ensure that such emergencies do not occur again. I assure you that these isolated occurrences are not commonplace."

She tilts her head as a commotion grows outside.

"From the sounds I'd say that the trial is about to begin." She says. "Will you be attending?"

"I believe that major Bloom and sergeant Solberg would do better as witnesses or jurymen, so I'd rather proceed to my direct duties"

He stopped near the tent's exit and half-turned in Melanie's direction.

"One more thing: if you would find yourself in a need of advice or just a friendly shoulder, you may count on my attention. I know how hard the life can be sometimes, and aware of how important a well-timed support may turn out"

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"I believe that major Bloom and sergeant Solberg would do better as witnesses or jurymen, so I'd rather proceed to my direct duties"

He stopped near the tent's exit and half-turned in Melanie's direction.

"One more thing: if you would find yourself in a need of advice or just a friendly shoulder, you may count on my attention. I know how hard the life can be sometimes, and aware of how important a well-timed support may turn out"

"I will remember that." Melanie says. "If you ever get vacation days and need somewhere to relax, I've heard the shoreline is great for fishing."

Just now, Rakawan said:

"I will remember that." Melanie says. "If you ever get vacation days and need somewhere to relax, I've heard the shoreline is great for fishing."

Ceforus smiled probably for the first time during this bloody long day and nodded his head.

He left the tent and paced to the place where his heavy scimitar was waiting for him

Just now, Teloch said:

Ceforus smiled probably for the first time during this bloody long day and nodded his head.

He left the tent and paced to the place where his heavy scimitar was waiting for him

Lord saw the man step away from the tent, and tried to wave him over. Seeing his effort ineffective, he tried to call out to him. "Hey, Cef... something. Got a moment to chat?"

Seven looks at Alan.

"Read the charges." He says.

"Treason, Sabatoge of allied property, destruction of allied property, attempt to commit murder. Attempted Kidnapping, kidnapping, attempted murder, attempted murder ending in assault, attempted assault ending in murder, attempt to commit fraud, fraud." Alan reads. "Attempt to bribe public officials, bribing public officials. Attempt to commit treason, not sure why that wasn't up there by treason."

"Just read the charges, no commentary." Seven says.

"Harassment, attempted harassment, frivolous lawsuits. Disturbing the peace, disturbing sacred ceremonies, disturbing official business. Attempting to do the aforementioned. Attempting to betray public trust, embezzlement. And loitering."

3 minutes ago, LordOfTheEnd14 said:

Lord saw the man step away from the tent, and tried to wave him over. Seeing his effort ineffective, he tried to call out to him. "Hey, Cef... something. Got a moment to chat?"

If only Ceforus wasn't wearing his helmet, Lord would definitely see his frown. Calling people "something" isn't the best way to make friends after all...

"Depends on what do you want to talk about... And on who you are"

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven looks at Alan.

"Treason, Sabatoge of allied property, destruction of allied property, attempt to commit murder. Attempted Kidnapping, kidnapping, attempted murder, attempted murder ending in assault, attempted assault ending in murder, attempt to commit fraud, fraud." Alan reads. "Attempt to bribe public officials, bribing public officials. Attempt to commit treason, not sure why that wasn't up there by treason."

"Harassment, attempted harassment, frivolous lawsuits. Disturbing the peace, disturbing sacred ceremonies, disturbing official business. Attempting to do the aforementioned. Attempting to betray public trust, embezzlement. And loitering."

(( Who excaly is in this bar, can any Tenno Join?, As Zaeed is out helping, and Nana is busy with the cizzens, and Ivara is jsut chilling, are they able to join?))

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

(( Who excaly is in this bar, can any Tenno Join?, As Zaeed is out helping, and Nana is busy with the cizzens, and Ivara is jsut chilling, are they able to join?))

((They aren't even inside. They are out in the field, annyone can see what is happening.))

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Seven looks at Alan.

Sven seems to smile slightly.

"I do hope you can prove all that." He says. "Otherwise according to statute 307 section B, I can sue you for false charges. And seeing as how a bartender." He spits. "Is my judge, I'm guessing it would be a whole before another could be found."

Sven leans back.

"Statute 307 was amended as of this morning." He says. "Removed, actually, and a investigation as to how such a stupid rule was even enacted is being conducted."

he leans forward.

"Look around Sven." He says. "You have no friends here. Even if you are proven innocent: How long do you think you'll last?"

4 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Melanie walked to a table and set up a sign. It says Jury. She sits and waits for people to walk over.

8 minutes ago, Teloch said:

If only Ceforus wasn't wearing his helmet, Lord would definitely see his frown. Calling people "something" isn't the best way to make friends after all...

"Depends on what do you want to talk about... And on who you are"

Lord nodded. "LordOfTheEnd14. Sworn to defend and research for Synergy. Lord of the Guild Of The End. Just so happened to have captained the Paragon, the carrier you see docked behind me." He jerked a thumb behind himself. "Sorry about your name, by the way. Only caught it once. Ryoko recommended we swap info on weapon and ship tech, of which I have plenty."

Edited by LordOfTheEnd14

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie walked to a table and set up a sign. It says Jury. She sits and waits for people to walk over.

*The Ivara walks in, however she eyes Sven, as she walks in*

*Zaeed quickly pops in as well, to see the fuss* 

(Remind me, was this the same person who tryed to Rob Zaeed?)