The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

5 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I might take offense to that, but I'm afraid I lack context."  A Tenno clad entirely in black strode toward them from the center of the open space.  "Ah, hello, Mira.  Giving a tour?"

"Sorry, didn't mean to offend" the Ember replied awkwardly.

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Sorry, didn't mean to offend" the Ember replied awkwardly.

The Tenno smiled.  "You didn't.  I'm curious: why didn't you defend your statement?  If you didn't come here with the specific purpose of touring or studying here, then there isn't any reason for you to stay when the tour is over.  That's a perfectly acceptable reason to leave.  Why didn't you say so?"

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

"Because it wasn't what I said that seemed offensive, it was how I said it. I would act the same as you if this was my bar and I was giving the tour" Luv explained.

"Oh, a polite one!  I'm sorry, we don't get too many of you nowadays, I'm afraid.  You're vastly outnumbered by the impolite ones, I'm afraid."  He bowed to Luv.  "I'm Richard."

The Ember bowed back "Honestly, I'm rarely called polite. The spacenet doesn't teach you that. I'm Luv."

She then squinted her eyes a bit, observing the Tennos features "Say, have we met before? Maybe... oh, of course! You were at the speed dating"

Edited by Denny2669
forgot the second part, derp

14 hours ago, Teloch said:

Teloch sent two messages: one to Melanie, and one to the sender

"Received a message from the supposed resistance cell called "Lords of Maelstrom" who stated their affiliate with Synergy. Can you confirm their claims?"

Was the prior one

"What is your case?"

Was the the respond to the cell

"Confirmed." Melanie replies. "They are an eccentric group, but one of the most well-equipped."

A second message arrives.

"Object of interest being moved between Grineer labs. Chance to obtain valuable research and resources."

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Confirmed." Melanie replies. "They are an eccentric group, but one of the most well-equipped."

A second message arrives.

"Object of interest being moved between Grineer labs. Chance to obtain valuable research and resources."

"Then the time is pressing. Give us the layout, coordinates, and the details on the object."

The message shot back 

((Gonna add formatting later))

Edited by Teloch

18 hours ago, Unus said:

"Well, uh. . ."

The Operator pulls itself slightly over the Chroma's shoulder and begin's to rub the discolored area around a pair of somatic nodes drilled into it's forehead. The Chroma mirrors the action before the Operator slaps the arm away.

It's just that. . .  I sort of think that. . . I just. . ."

The Operator's eyes suddenly light up and it snaps it's fingers.

". . . it's just that I kinda miss the whole near-human experience. You know, sunlight on what passes for skin, the sights, the smells, haveing sentient contact one-on-one, those sorta things, yeah."

The Chroma walks over to the metallic box of boxes and proceeds to lift it up. It turns back towards you

"Anyway, Care to show me around your sanctum of scholarliness Madam Felicity."

The Operator states in a faux-suave voice as it eyeballs the surroundings, occasionally glancing at an odd fellow with a calculator.

"Of course." She says. "But first, what is your opinion of the Orokin warship behind you?"

The ship is obviously Orokin in design and features heavy armaments.

"My boyfriend designed it." She said. "He is quite proud of the work."

3 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Then the time is pressing. Give us the layout, coordinates, and the details on the object."

The message shot back 

((Gonna add formatting later))

The message sent back contains a holographic recording. It depicts several individuals, all dressed in old world pirate gear, sitting in various piles of machinery and gold.

"Do you expect me to give something for nothing?" The voice inquires. "Time is short, but not so short as to dispense with manners. We are the Lords of Malestrom, not some newly minted seaman. Where is your captain, for we will parlay with no one else."

14 hours ago, Luthim said:

"I know, I was curious on when you would reveal yourself." Ceda spoke casually.

"Whenever I felt like it." C.A.L.C says. "I do have other tasks that require my presence, but I wanted to make sure you knew I was still involved."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The message sent back contains a holographic recording. It depicts several individuals, all dressed in old world pirate gear, sitting in various piles of machinery and gold.

"Do you expect me to give something for nothing?" The voice inquires. "Time is short, but not so short as to dispense with manners. We are the Lords of Malestrom, not some newly minted seaman. Where is your captain, for we will parlay with no one else."

The counter message contained a recording which depicted a crimson rhino prime standing nearby a complex weapon workshop with dismantled pieces of Cyngas and Soma prime floating in the manipulation area in between the magnetic limiters.

"If you are seeking for someone who believes in charity, then you picked the wrong address. Our friend Melanie should've told you to whom this channel belongs. Anyway, name's Teloch, the colonel of this group. Now, what are the details and conditions?"

Edited by Teloch

11 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The counter message contained a recording which depicted a crimson rhino prime standing nearby a complex weapon workshop with dismanteled pieces of Cyngas and Soma prime floating in the manipulational area in between the magnetic limiters.

"If you are seeking for someone who believs in charity, then you picked the wrong address. Our friend Melanie should've told you to whom this channel belongs. Anyway, name's Teloch, the colonel of this group. Now, what are the details and conditions?"

One of the figures, it's silhouette matching that of a Heavy Gunner shifts its weight.

"The bones have told of a bounty moving between strongholds." She says.

Another form steps forward.

"Our scouts confirmed its presence." He says. "The Grineer are moving a VIP scientist and a set of new templates, aboard a highly..."

A shape strides into the view.

"All of you." A voice says. "Out. Now!"

The man turns to you as the Pirates leave.

"Colonel Teloch." He says. "I am Commodore Brekk. I hope my underlings have not soured our first meeting."

He leans on a table, allaying his hands, and an image of a Grineer ship, similar in design to a Manta Ray appears.

"This is the Fathom, a Grineer transport used to curry medical supplies and experiments." He says. "It has set out from Tyl Regor's personal lab and is headed for a remote research facility. Reports indicate that it is carrying important research, resources, and personnel. Namely a high ranking researcher and several new imprints. It cannot reach its target."

He straightens up.

"My men, while crazy, are exceptionally skilled. However even they cannot breach such a vessel undetected, and the reinforcements aboard at far to large in number."

He looks at you.

"We can, however, force the vessel to surface, providing a limited window for Tenno infiltration." He says. "We will also provide fire support, to keep the Galoeon's that patrol the area from destroying the ship."

16 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

The Ember bowed back "Honestly, I'm rarely called polite. The spacenet doesn't teach you that. I'm Luv."

She then squinted her eyes a bit, observing the Tennos features "Say, have we met before? Maybe... oh, of course! You were at the speed dating"

Richard laughed.  "Indeed I was, though I would appreciate it if you didn't tell Lydia that.  She didn't recognize me in the Oberon, and I'd like to keep it that way.  See, I wasn't actually there to get a date, and I don't think she was either...  Anyway.  What brings you here to Phenix?"

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

Richard laughed.  "Indeed I was, though I would appreciate it if you didn't tell Lydia that.  She didn't recognize me in the Oberon, and I'd like to keep it that way.  See, I wasn't actually there to get a date, and I don't think she was either...  Anyway.  What brings you here to Phenix?"

"I'm here with my BF, Icarus, on vacation" she pointed at the Excalibur next to her "We heard Phoenix is a nice place, so we decided to go here. All other cool places were war zones. And don't worry, your secrets are safe with me."

"Says the blabbermouth..." her boyfriend commented.

"Love you too honey" she laughed "Anyway..." she looked back at Richard "You said Lydia is here? I wondered what happened since she and Cef planned on meeting next week, but I kept their seats warm for nothing"

"And there goes the blabbermouth..." Icarus added.

"Shush~..."

"Of course." She says. "But first, what is your opinion of the Orokin warship behind you?"

The ship is obviously Orokin in design and features heavy armaments.

"My boyfriend designed it." She said. "He is quite proud of the work."

The Chroma turns sideways while still holding the box and the Operator turns just enough to see the Warship comfortably. With a flick to the right side of it's head, a Naramon lens flips out from within it's eyelid and the Operator proceeds to look the ship up and down very slowly. It then pushes the lens back up under it's eyelid and nods approvingly.

"She a from-scratch job? Whoever your boyfriend is, he certainly has quite the knack for packing as much punch into as small a space as physically possible."

The Operator pauses for a moment.

"I think there's some form of joke in there, but I can't seem to. . .

The Operator shakes it's head like a Kubrow shakeing off water and the Chroma turns back towards you.

"Bah, never mind, nice layout all the same. Will have to meet him at some point, see if the master will pull-back the current on some of the details I can't see. Say, you wouldn't happen to know who Mr. Calculater over in the corner is, would you?

The Operator points in the person's direction while the Chroma sways it's head a bit in their direction.

"Hasn't done much since we showed up."

One of the figures, it's silhouette matching that of a Heavy Gunner shifts its weight.

"The bones have told of a bounty moving between strongholds." She says.

Another form steps forward.

"Our scouts confirmed its presence." He says. "The Grineer are moving a VIP scientist and a set of new templates, aboard a highly..."

A shape strides into the view.

"All of you." A voice says. "Out. Now!"

The man turns to you as the Pirates leave.

"Colonel Teloch." He says. "I am Commodore Brekk. I hope my underlings have not soured our first meeting."

He leans on a table, allaying his hands, and an image of a Grineer ship, similar in design to a Manta Ray appears.

"This is the Fathom, a Grineer transport used to curry medical supplies and experiments." He says. "It has set out from Tyl Regor's personal lab and is headed for a remote research facility. Reports indicate that it is carrying important research, resources, and personnel. Namely a high ranking researcher and several new imprints. It cannot reach its target."

He straightens up.

"My men, while crazy, are exceptionally skilled. However even they cannot breach such a vessel undetected, and the reinforcements aboard at far to large in number."

He looks at you.

"We can, however, force the vessel to surface, providing a limited window for Tenno infiltration." He says. "We will also provide fire support, to keep the Galoeon's that patrol the area from destroying the ship."

"I worked with a group that tends to believe that the code is the core matter of reality and that digitalization is the pinnacle of existence, so your men are not the craziest beings in this system. Anyway, you showed up just in time: our spec ops wing and its superior may really use some job to let out some steam. I'm going to patch in the person who specializes in special operations," he paused before opening another holo screen, "Just avoid mentioning your affiliate with the Synergy project lest the question arise"

The another transmission has opened, depicting a chorus-helmeted banshee of the similar color scheme as the Rhino has.

"Colonel?" the banshee inquired via warm and rather low "french-like" mezzo-soprano

"Lieutenant-colonel Estelle, we have an interesting assignment here: the Uranus resistance cell procured an information about the particular grineer heavy transporter delivering potentially significant tech pieces and VIPs from Regor's sealabs. So, infiltration, sabotage, and kidnap that is. The contractor can provide limited fire support and event screen*. Sounds like a good opportunity for your teams to clean off some rust, don't you think?"

The banshee looked at the contractor. It is impossible to tell what was her first impression, but the lack of excitement in her voice suggested that she was either not very found of speaking to grineer, or the opportunity didn't impress her all that much.

"... And this is our dear contractor, I believe? Yes, so far it sounds conductible, but what does our contractor wish to gain from this little larceny?" 

*Bluff maneuvers performed to divert hostiles attention from the zone of active operation

Edited by Teloch

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"I'm here with my BF, Icarus, on vacation" she pointed at the Excalibur next to her "We heard Phoenix is a nice place, so we decided to go here. All other cool places were war zones. And don't worry, your secrets are safe with me."

"Says the blabbermouth..." her boyfriend commented.

"Love you too honey" she laughed "Anyway..." she looked back at Richard "You said Lydia is here? I wondered what happened since she and Cef planned on meeting next week, but I kept their seats warm for nothing"

"And there goes the blabbermouth..." Icarus added.

"Shush~..."

"They ended up meeting in the field, as I recall.  The White Tigers are now official allies of Synergy.  It was likely the conversation between Lydia and Ceforus that brought our existence to their attention."

Something beeped, and Richard flicked his left wrist to display a small rectangular holoscreen.  He read the message quickly, then sighed.  "It appears I actually have to do my job for once.  If you'll excuse me, I have to go make a formal inspection of some food items that have just arrived to ensure that they are safe to consume."  He made a face.  "Bureaucracy at its simplest, but I'm not doing any paperwork."  With a wave to Mira, he walked off around the corner.

Three comparatively big vessels trusted from the jump not far from the rails. All of them were labeled with the WTC signatures and overall reminded an ancient Terra naval mammals called cachalot whales. Except the fact that the actual whales never had per six rotational deck cannons on their backs, foldable rocket hives on their bottom fins, and per two torpedo shafts instead of nostrils. By the looks of it, these were the (somewhat) repurposed heavy dropships, with rows of "drop cells" designed for infantry vertical deployment in the midst of combat, gravitational dropping bays for vehicles and cargo, and the frontal "ram" nozzle designed for boarding targeted ships when in space. 

The gruff and apparently very tired male voice rang from the ground control comms

"This is the White Tiger Cove cargo convoy. In accordance with the previously arranged..." The voice started with the overly-formal introduction but then suddenly changed the style of address after a sigh, "...Bla-bla-bla. We brought you the presents which you, folks, would definitely start to hate in a week or so. F@ck work, if you ask me... But whatever. We're now heading to the designated point. Make sure that you have enough manpower to distribute all the stuff and prepare the shipment for mag-beaming. Also, careful with the gravi-pad armored vehicle: there is something special and very fragile packed in it by one of our honchos"

Edited by Teloch

21 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Not follow." Death says. "Just get out of her sight. I can handle the rest. I could pull you back to us now, but that would cause a scene."

"Still I won't be able to get out her sight without the help of someone else. Can't you get someone to approach her and tell her they have knowledge predating the orokin? Should be enough for her to glance away at least."

1 hour ago, kyrozon said:

"Still I won't be able to get out her sight without the help of someone else. Can't you get someone to approach her and tell her they have knowledge predating the orokin? Should be enough for her to glance away at least."

"You assume we have friends here?" Death asks. "Smart."

"Maria" One of the shades says. "Maria is that you?"

He grabs Cyria by the shoulder, and spins her around.

"It's me!" He says. "Your old friend!"

It is the shade of a Rhino clad in Palantine Armor.

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"You assume we have friends here?" Death asks. "Smart."

"Maria" One of the shades says. "Maria is that you?"

He grabs Cyria by the shoulder, and spins her around.

"It's me!" He says. "Your old friend!"

It is the shade of a Rhino clad in Palantine Armor.

Cyria simply pushed the Rhino's hand aside. "The name is Cyria and whoever this Maria is I am not her." She didn't expect Fell to be behind her if she turned around her. Those robbed figures from earlier also just appeared and probably could dissepear as easily.

Fell waited for the flash of black to cross his vision and bring him to Death.

3 hours ago, Teloch said:

"I worked with a group that tends to believe that the code is the core matter of reality and that digitalization is the pinnacle of existence, so your men are not the craziest beings in this system. Anyway, you showed up just in time: our spec ops wing and its superior may really use some job to let out some steam. I'm going to patch in the person who specializes in special operations," he paused before opening another holo screen, "Just avoid mentioning your affiliate with the Synergy project lest the question arise"

The another transmission has opened, depicting a chorus-helmeted banshee of the similar color scheme as the Rhino has.

"Colonel?" the banshee inquired via warm and rather low "french-like" mezzo-soprano

"Lieutenant-colonel Estelle, we have an interesting assignment here: the Uranus resistance cell procured an information about the particular grineer heavy transporter delivering potentially significant tech pieces and VIPs from Regor's sealabs. So, infiltration, sabotage, and kidnap that is. The contractor can provide limited fire support and event screen*. Sounds like a good opportunity for your teams to clean off some rust, don't you think?"

The banshee looked at the contractor. It is impossible to tell what was her first impression, but the lack of excitement in her voice suggested that she was either not very found of speaking to grineer, or the opportunity didn't impress her all that much.

"... And this is our dear contractor, I believe? Yes, so far it sounds conductible, but what does our contractor wish to gain from this little larceny?" 

*Bluff maneuvers performed to divert hostiles attention from the zone of active operation

"What any self-respecting pirate hopes to gain." The Commodore says. "Ships and booty."

He clears his throat.

"Booty referring to any gear whose owners happened to meet you." He says. "And ships referring to the one you will be infiltrating. Now you may be wondering how I plan to take said ship, when it was made clear that the numbers aboard where too great to overcome.

He rummages in a sack.

"The standard Grineer response to infestation aboard submersible vessels is to immediately gas the area with a potent neurotoxin." He says. "With the exception of the safe room, where the VIP will be, as the gas would corrode his body and damage his brain. This also happens to be the response if Tenno incursion is reported. So if you happen to set off alarms, the VIP will ingest a suicide capsule, preserving his body and genetic memories for extraction, and the entire place will become uninhabitable."

He pulls out a stun gun, and a small capsule.

"This, however, works to our benefit." He says. "Capture the VIP, stun him, and extract. On your way out place this little beauty next to the nearest console. It will "hatch" a Djinn sentinel, that will begin infecting the crew, and thus trigger the fail-safe. The Grineer aboard will die and the safe room, now empty, will be locked down. Leaving us a prime opportunity to clean and retake the ship."

He tosses both systems onto the table and they vanish. A beep confirms that two digital packages been received by the WTC, originating from the channel. The lights behind the man flicker, as if the power requirements for the transfer were barely sufficient.

"You get a VIP, the latest batch of clones never see the light of day, and we get a brand new ship." He says. "Win-win. You in?"

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

Three comparatively big vessels trusted from the jump not far from the rails. All of them were labeled with the WTC signatures and overall reminded an ancient Terra naval mammals called cachalot whales. Except the fact that the actual whales never had per six rotational deck cannons on their backs, foldable rocket hives on their bottom fins, and per two torpedo shafts instead of nostrils. By the looks of it, these were the (somewhat) repurposed heavy dropships, with rows of "drop cells" designed for infantry vertical deployment in the midst of combat, gravitational dropping bays for vehicles and cargo, and the frontal "ram" nozzle designed for boarding targeted ships when in space. 

The gruff and apparently very tired male voice rang from the ground control comms

"This is the White Tiger Cove cargo convoy. In accordance with the previously arranged..." The voice started with the overly-formal introduction but then suddenly changed the style of address after a sigh, "...Bla-bla-bla. We brought you the presents which you, folks, would definitely start to hate in a week or so. F@ck work, if you ask me... But whatever. We're now heading to the designated point. Make sure that you have enough manpower to distribute all the stuff and prepare the shipment for mag-beaming. Also, careful with the gravi-pad armored vehicle: there is something special and very fragile packed in it by one of our honchos"

"Resources are standing by for loading." Melanie says. "Workers standing by. Glad to see you were punctual, some of the workers were starting to act like they had time off, the lazy bums."

She designates a landing zone near the colony.