The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Well that depends on what you hoped to do here." Mira says. "Is this a romantic getaway, or more of a vacation from work?"

"Oh, we have no lack of romance back at home... but you could still say it's both" Luv explained, shooting a playfull glance at her partner along with a chuckle.

Edited by Denny2669
Depending on colors, you can guess if I'm on PC or phone.

40 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"It's fine, at the time I was also worried about him. Is there a name I could call you by?"

---

"You don't know where he is? What a shame. I am sure he will show up again soon. Besides if needed I could track him considering part of his armour is designed by me."

"My name is War." He says. "And War is my weapon. And War is my soul."

-----

"I would very much like to know where he is." The man says. "There are certain... events I would like to discuss with him."

35 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

"Oh, we have no lack of romance back at home... but you could still say it's both" Luv explained, shooting a playfull glance at her partner along with a chuckle.

"Hmmm." Mira says. "Somewhere isolated then, but with plenty of things to do.... Why not try the Tenno village?"

Just now, Rakawan said:

"Hmmm." Mira says. "Somewhere isolated then, but with plenty of things to do.... Why not try the Tenno village?"

"Maybe not isolated. Many people go to my bar, people a often have a chat with, surely I'll meet more of them here than Richard" Luv answered.
"Besides, we'll have enough time for ourselves, we're planning to stay for weeks anyway. But the village sounds ok"

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"My name is War." He says. "And War is my weapon. And War is my soul."

-----

"I would very much like to know where he is." The man says. "There are certain... events I would like to discuss with him."

"So how did you end up here?"

---

"If you would be so kind to follow me into my ship." Cyria says as she goes up the ramp of her ship, inside it are the same weapon fragments Fell uses but in orokin white and gold. There is one console that seems to be extracting information from that fragment. She walks over to a larger console and taps something on it. It displays Fell's vitals and other data about him while tracking for his current location. 

Just now, Denny2669 said:

"Maybe not isolated. Many people go to my bar, people a often have a chat with, surely I'll meet more of them here than Richard" Luv answered.
"Besides, we'll have enough time for ourselves, we're planning to stay for weeks anyway. But the village sounds ok"

"There are new Tenno housings inside the Capitol." Mira says. "I can take you there if you wish. We are starting to cater more towards tourists as well."

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"So how did you end up here?

"I was sent here by the Shadow." War says. "As bait, as a diversion. It did not sit well with me. It was dishonorable, it was foolish. We were the strongest, yet cast aside in favor of treachery."

"One thing to take our bodies." He says. "But to force us to cast aside our honor. Unthinkable."

His voice is deep and booming. In older times it would not seem out of place coming from a Knight or Warrior.

"The Sage found us, flickering, dying, and breathed life back into us." He says. "We owe him our lives, even though we cannot save his."

"I was sent here by the Shadow." War says. "As bait, as a diversion. It did not sit well with me. It was dishonorable, it was foolish. We were the strongest, yet cast aside in favor of treachery."

"One thing to take our bodies." He says. "But to force us to cast aside our honor. Unthinkable."

His voice is deep and booming. In older times it would not seem out of place coming from a Knight or Warrior.

"The Sage found us, flickering, dying, and breathed life back into us." He says. "We owe him our lives, even though we cannot save his."

Fell was about to speak up when again getting interupted. The colours on his gauntlet shifted to an orange shade indicating that someone was tracking him and he knew exactly who that was. "... Dammit."

---

It had taken a while but Fell's location was finally found.  "Seems like we got him my friend." 

Just now, kyrozon said:

It had taken a while but Fell's location was finally found.  "Seems like we got him my friend." 

Tsun rose and tapped the ivory orb on the pedastal before him. It shimmered, then became faceted.

-----

The signal comes in loud and clear. Then another, and another. The signals multiply, seeming to span multiple points across the planet. 

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Whenever I felt like it." C.A.L.C says. "I do have other tasks that require my presence, but I wanted to make sure you knew I was still involved."

"Why are you under the impression that I would 'forget'?" She asked. "Your doubt suggests you may have been dealing with Organics a bit too much." She seemed to answer her own question.

Tsun rose and tapped the ivory orb on the pedastal before him. It shimmered, then became faceted.

-----

The signal comes in loud and clear. Then another, and another. The signals multiply, seeming to span multiple points across the planet. 

Fell tries to get the gauntlet of his hand but with the protectols that are active on it he is unable too. 

---

Cyria smiles as she sees more dots pop up. She taps the console to return a few frames back to when only one dot was visible. "Nice try, Fell. Now hopefully this should lead us directly to him."

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Hasn't done much!?!" The man shrieks. "Hasn't..... My good fellow. I have been calculating the chances of misfortune befalling us all since the moment you arrive in this facility. And the results are not promising, not promising at all. Why even if a beam of sunlight doesn't set off that redeemer at just the right moment, there is still a .00000045% chance that I could slip and nearly fall to my death over the railing if you sneezed, and Felicity turns three degrees to the right."

"Like this?" Felicity asks, turning.

"DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE!?!" The man asks. 

"Have you finished the jump coordinate calculations, yet?" Felicity asks. 

"Yes." He says. "And I finished your four dimensional Sudoku puzzle, and that quaint little trinket you called a 5D rubik's cube. Didn't see what all the fuss was."

It appears the man is quite, quite smart. And quite, quite mad.

"Well now. . . quite the energetic fellow aren't you Mr. . ."

The Operator pauses for a few moments mid sentence as the man's rant begins in earnest. After a few moments, the Operator simply sits in the harness in a state of dumbfounded confusion."

"Well. . . I uh. . ."

The Operator begins to rub the area around the forehead somatics furiously with all four available arms. After a few moments, the Operator sucks in a deep breath and turns toward the fellow. 

"It seems that you sir are a man of many mathematical talents."

The Operator says in a cheerful manner.

"Tell me, what might your name be?".

13 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria smiles as she sees more dots pop up. She taps the console to return a few frames back to when only one dot was visible. "Nice try, Fell. Now hopefully this should lead us directly to him."

The dots instead form into a large symbol that flashes a few times before cutting out. It appears whatever is blocking the signal also corrupted the transmissions and stored data.

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Well now. . . quite the energetic fellow aren't you Mr. . ."

The Operator pauses for a few moments mid sentence as the man's rant begins in earnest. After a few moments, the Operator simply sits in the harness in a state of dumbfounded confusion."

"Well. . . I uh. . ."

The Operator begins to rub the area around the forehead somatics furiously with all four available arms. After a few moments, the Operator sucks in a deep breath and turns toward the fellow. 

"It seems that you sir are a man of many mathematical talents."

The Operator says in a cheerful manner.

"Tell me, what might your name be?".

"My name?" He says. "My name? 5x + 4... no thats an equation. uhhh... 3x-7... no that's wrong too."

He seems to debate something and then turns and walks away.

"Here we are." Felicity says. "My workshop."

She opens the door and you see Orokin devices spanning the room. Fabricator's, digitalizing holo-tables, biometric scanners.

While the Chroma keeps close to you as it walks along, carefully balancing the box in such a way that any sudden impacts might be counter able, the Operator turns itself around in the harness and watches the man leave. Upon speaking Felicity's voice makes the Operator jump a bit and turn back around, it's expression quickly turning to a look of pleased satisfication.

"Now THIS is what I call a game changer!"

The Operator pulls itself up a bit and outstretched it's arms as the Chroma turns in a slow circle.

The Chroma stops on the second turn so that the Operator is faceing directly at you from the back of the Chroma.

"How and where did you obtain so many of the tools of the old ways?! I haven't seen a place so packed since. . ."

For a moment, the childish wonder expressed by the Operator fades slightly and a bit of emotion creeps into it's voice.

". . . before."

Quickly, the childish wonder returns in full force and the Chroma is soon backing up to all manner of objects so that the Operator can see them face-to-face. Eventually, the Chroma soon returns to it's original spot and places the box down again, slowly stretching it's back after the task is completed

"Many thanks madam for the opportunity you have handed me on a gilded platter."

The Chroma and Operator bow as one.

Edited by Unus

15 hours ago, Teloch said:

"And, if it would not be too much to ask, can you add a four-pack of canned beer to the cargo meant for the head ship? Since there are no trade unions left by this particular century, there are but a few ways left for a honest laborer to survive the prolonged overtime exploitation. Thanks"the pilot replied.

The drop vessels opened up their armored "bellies" and began to beam down huge containers, smaller containers, and polyethylene-wrapped self-packed objects. The last cargo to deploy was the gravi-pad armored vehicle. Judging by the speed of it's downward beaming, the pilot treated it as the most fragile object from all of the cargo. When the half of the field was already occupied with the unloaded cargo, one by one the dropships began to beam up the crates with resources.

((the cargo list

Reveal hidden contents

-Semi-automatic workshops, tenno-made, with advanced resource logistics protocols and schematics interface, decommissioned, state adequate .......... 43 units, self-packed;
-Semi-automatic foundries for resource synthesis and re-processing, tenno-made, with advanced resource logistics protocols, decommissioned, state good .......... 18 units, self-packed;
-Industrial chemical laboratory, grineer-made, manually operated by a crew of workers, omega-isotope feed, salvaged, state adequate ..........  2 units split into 4 containers of parts;
-Mobile chemical laboratory for R&D synthesis and pharmaceutics production, manually operated, corpus-made, salvaged, state good .......... 3 units in 2 containers;
-Industrial ammunition workshop, tenno-made, capable of manufacturing grineer type munitions, automated, with basic and some advanced blueprints, decommissioned, state adequate .......... 1 unit, self-packed and 1 container with parts;
-Lesser tools for manual work (gathering and construction), corpus-manufactured, salvaged, state pristine .......... 5 containers;
-Small-sized motorized construction vehicles, manually controlled, grineer-made, salvaged, state good .......... 3 containers;
-Refinery, automatised, tenno-made, decommissioned, state good .......... 1 unit, self-packed and 2 containers with parts;
-Hexacyclic SUVs, manually controlled, corpus-manufactured, extended for better cargo capacity, salvaged, state good ............ 5 units, self-packed;
-Gravity-pad armored universal vehicle, manually or AI controlled, tenno-made, modified for extended personnel and cargo transportation, decommissioned, disarmed, state good .......... 1 unit, self-packed;
-Omega isotope, salvaged, re-contained ........... 8 containers;
-Basic corpus tech set of schematics for frontier missions, salvaged ........... 1 datablock, packed in one of the corpus suvs.

It may be worthwhile to inspect the objects, and I did not accent on the vehicle "just because"))

"Certainly." Melanie says. "So long as your promise not to drink and drive. I'd imagine your employers would not be happy with a lost shipment."

One four pack added to cargo.

Melanie and the pages begin to inspect the cargo.

12 hours ago, Unus said:

While the Chroma keeps close to you as it walks along, carefully balancing the box in such a way that any sudden impacts might be counter able, the Operator turns itself around in the harness and watches the man leave. Upon speaking Felicity's voice makes the Operator jump a bit and turn back around, it's expression quickly turning to a look of pleased satisfication.

"Now THIS is what I call a game changer!"

The Operator pulls itself up a bit and outstretched it's arms as the Chroma turns in a slow circle.

The Chroma stops on the second turn so that the Operator is faceing directly at you from the back of the Chroma.

"How and where did you obtain so many of the tools of the old ways?! I haven't seen a place so packed since. . ."

For a moment, the childish wonder expressed by the Operator fades slightly and a bit of emotion creeps into it's voice.

". . . before."

Quickly, the childish wonder returns in full force and the Chroma is soon backing up to all manner of objects so that the Operator can see them face-to-face. Eventually, the Chroma soon returns to it's original spot and places the box down again, slowly stretching it's back after the task is completed

"Many thanks madam for the opportunity you have handed me on a gilded platter."

The Chroma and Operator bow as one.

"You are welcome." Felicity says. "So what do you plan on doing?"

She seems to recall your walked question.

"Welll." She says. "Before the collapse I worked as one of Margulis' researchers. Back then I was just a normal human, not Tenno. I used to design eguipment for the Tenno. After I came out of cryo-sleep, Ryoko though that I would feel more at home in familiar settings."

Edited by Rakawan

14 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

The couple smiled "Lead the way"

Mira vanishes in a flash of golden light. A moment later she pops back, doubled over with laughter.

"I..." She says. "I'm not that mean. Come on."

She straightens up and a circle of golden light appears beneath you. There is a flash of light and you find yourself in a busy city.

14 hours ago, Luthim said:

"Why are you under the impression that I would 'forget'?" She asked. "Your doubt suggests you may have been dealing with Organics a bit too much." She seemed to answer her own question.

"Perhaps so." C.A.P.C says. "I have had little contact with other Cephalons. Organic interactions are far more common given my role here."

14 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Fell tries to get the gauntlet of his hand but with the protectols that are active on it he is unable too. 

---

"Having trouble?" War asks. "Anything I can do to help."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Mira vanishes in a flash of golden light. A moment later she pops back, doubled over with laughter.

"I..." She says. "I'm not that mean. Come on."

She straightens up and a circle of golden light appears beneath you. There is a flash of light and you find yourself in a busy city.

The couple looked around, impressed "I thought you said village..."

"If this is a village, I can't imagine see your mental image of a city..." Luv added.

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

The couple looked around, impressed "I thought you said village..."

"If this is a village, I can't imagine see your mental image of a city..." Luv added.

Mira smiles.

"This is the city." She said. "Remember, you said you wanted to see if you knew anyone. The village is much more like a village, but the city is better for tourists."

The buildings are adorned in white and gold, in Orokin style. The people are well-dressed in robes and other fine clothes.

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

"Certainly." Melanie says. "So long as your promise not to drink and drive. I'd imagine your employers would not be happy with a lost shipment."

One four pack added to cargo.

Melanie and the pages begin to inspect the cargo.

The cargo mostly contains from variously-sized containers, wrapped lesser objects, a couple of self-packed large industrial devices, and a number of vehicles. Two corpus suvs and one tenno AV seem to have something stuffed inside.

Edited by Teloch

34 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The cargo mostly contains from variously-sized containers, wrapped lesser objects, a couple of self-packed large industrial devices, and a number of vehicles. Two corpus suvs and one tenno AV seem to have something stuffed inside.

Melanie orders two pages to open the vehicles.