The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

4 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Of course not." The Neophyte says. "I was right!"

He opens a book and flips it to a page. The book resembles an old Grimoire.

"I believe that your friend has fallen in with a Barrow-keeper." He says. "An Tenno pracitioner of Void Magic."

He ignores your reaction to the term magic.

"Before the void, magic was the stuff of legends." He says. "Void MAgic, however is both real and applicable, if rarely studied. To date there are only two organizations who can actually utilize it."

He turns a page.

"The Oro-Keepers, of which the Grandmaster is one." He says. "And the Barrow-Keepers, to which Fell's 'friend' must belong."

He pores over the book more.

"The translation is difficult." He says. "The Oro-keepers are mentioned only recently, but the symbols used are identical to those seen earlier in the text."

He looks up.

"Both groups had a variety of powers they could use beyond the scope of normal Tenno." He says. "While these are mentioned sparingly 'walking unseen' is used a lot. However the word for unseen also means unnoticed, or acting without visible effect. Perhaps some advanced form of cloaking?"

"Void... magic?"

Cyria looks over the Nekros' shoulder and looks at the text on the pages.

"I'm fairly sure that the Grandmaster did use one of those abilities on me. From what I got from it, it was a trick inside my mind. A simple illusion inside my mind. That could at least be an explantion to part of their powers."

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"A better reputation?" Pestilence asks. "Maybe in a thousand years. But you're right."

She bows.

"I will redirect my research to that end, Fell." She says. "If that is your wish."

She turns and leans over the table, quickly getting lost in her work.

"A thousands years... would it really take that long..." Fell thought. It wasn't a positive way to think so he quickly shook it off. He walked out of the room to leave the Saryn to her work. 

He walks to the Inaros, having forgotten his name he simple says. "Hey there."

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"Void... magic?"

Cyria looks over the Nekros' shoulder and looks at the text on the pages.

"I'm fairly sure that the Grandmaster did use one of those abilities on me. From what I got from it, it was a trick inside my mind. A simple illusion inside my mind. That could at least be an explantion to part of their powers."

He pores over the page.

"What sort of illusion?" He asks.

2 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

"A thousands years... would it really take that long..." Fell thought. It wasn't a positive way to think so he quickly shook it off. He walked out of the room to leave the Saryn to her work. 

He walks to the Inaros, having forgotten his name he simple says. "Hey there."

"Are you hungry?" The Inaros asks.

Edited by Rakawan

43 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The counter is staffed by a young man who looks terribly bored.
"Welcome to the Sleeping Giant." He says. "Phenix's only luxury hotel for discerning..."
He looks at you and then down at a his desk.
"Tenno." He says, the words sounding rehearsed. "How can I help you?"

Icarus walked over to the counter "A room for two, please" the Ember was right behind him.

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"So it's you." He says. "How... amusing."
He tilts his head as if listening and then nods.
"There I was... meditating" He says. "When I sensed a most insidious darkness fall over this world. That wouldn't have anything to do with you, now would it?"

Alice tilted her head the opposite way "Well, I haven't done any necromancy yet, unless you mean all the other things lord Satan taught me..."

The drone smacks into the entrance door a few times like a fly to a lightbulb before it performs a drunken u-turn and pushes towards the fallen Chroma. After a few moments of hovering. The drone deactivates it's maneuvering thrusters and drops downwards onto the operator's head with a metallic "CLONK", rousing the Operator. As before the Operator begins gasping for air as if it had been held underwater for quite some time.

"Just. . . . . fine. . . . sir. . . . . or. . . . . mam!."

The Chroma doesn't even move as the Operator massages it's arms and legs vigorously.

"Just. . . . a. . . . small. . . . test, needs. . . . further refi. . . ref. . . . refinement."

the Operator slowly lifts the drone as if it weighs over a dozen pounds and slides it into it's pack. Gradually, the Chroma slowly and drunkly stumbles to it's feet, holding precariously onto the side of one of the forges looking for all the world like a man on a thin tight-rope.

"Let. . . let Mrs. Felicity know. . . that the project. . . . was a resounding success. She may. . . she may test it if she. . . wishes. He. . .h. . .her fortitude will be. . gre. . . greater then mine."

The Chroma leans back on the forge and slowly slumps to the ground, the Operator mirroring the action and closing it's eyes, it's light breathing the only sign of it's continued survival.

4 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Looks to Luna* "So, if your able to do this, you think we will able to find him?" *Marix says* "Also, Dixon, what are your thoughts about this?"

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Hmmm." Dixon says. "Sorry I was just daydreaming about when we find Legion."

His fingers twitched and drift towards his Lacera.

"If you have access." He says. "They've probably changed the codes by now. Melanie wouldn't leave the network open that long."

Luna didn't really know what to say so she simply motioned to Ceda. Ceda in turn opened a holo-screen below her. "That wouldn't be a problem." She said to Dixon. "I've begun the planetwide scan, I'm expecting the first results in a few minutes." She stated for everyone.

The screen were constantly updating and refreshing data - the process was quite effecient.

52 minutes ago, Luthim said:

Luna didn't really know what to say so she simply motioned to Ceda. Ceda in turn opened a holo-screen below her. "That wouldn't be a problem." She said to Dixon. "I've begun the planetwide scan, I'm expecting the first results in a few minutes." She stated for everyone.

The screen were constantly updating and refreshing data - the process was quite effecient.

*Marix just watches her work, tho he whuold have a habit of  ogling, he only twitches left and right, at random times, he scans the data, as she uploads it, This..is very notable*

*Zaeed looks over and starts laughing under his breath, trying to hold it*

5 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"No, I'm just here to learn more about who you are, your name is Famine right?"

"Yes." Famine says. His voice sounds weary. "And Famine is my weapon, and famine is my art, as that brute War would say."

He stares at the loaf of bread without looking up.

1 hour ago, Luthim said:

After a few seconds an icon appears and the data streams stop.

"Luna." Melanie's voice says. "What are you doing?"

A video of her appears over the data streams.

5 hours ago, kyrozon said:

"As if someone created a rift on the ground where I stood, weird shapes you can't focus on. The usual curse like things."

He nods.

"Witnessed that before." He says. "Drat. We're grasping at straws here. We need more information."

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

After a few seconds an icon appears and the data streams stop.

"Luna." Melanie's voice says. "What are you doing?"

A video of her appears over the data streams.

Luna bows respectfully. "Chancellor.." Ceda was about to note that Melanie have stepped down when Luna continued. "Ceda is scanning the planet in search of the sabotage target. Is there a problem?" She asked.

15 hours ago, Rakawan said:

"Yes." Famine says. His voice sounds weary. "And Famine is my weapon, and famine is my art, as that brute War would say."

He stares at the loaf of bread without looking up.

"So what do you do around here? Since I don't think you spend your days just staring at a loaf of bread."

23 hours ago, Luthim said:

Luna bows respectfully. "Chancellor.." Ceda was about to note that Melanie have stepped down when Luna continued. "Ceda is scanning the planet in search of the sabotage target. Is there a problem?" She asked.

"No." Melanie says. "However in the future please let me know when you wish to use this system."

On 2016-08-19 at 2:12 PM, Rakawan said:

"No." Melanie says. "However in the future please let me know when you wish to use this system."

"I'll keep that in mind." She said while Ceda continued the scan.

"Hmm, distortions detected. Let me clear that up for you.." Ceda said as the first results came in.

15 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

(( Im going to assume this is where I come in?))

((Potentially. I kept it open for both you and Rakawan since your are both dm'ing currently. So while I could make up the results myself, it doesn't seem.. proper.))

Edited by Luthim

3 minutes ago, Luthim said:

((Potentially. I kept it open for both you and Rakawan since your are both dm'ing currently. So while I could make up the results myself, it doesn't seem.. proper.))

(( Righto, I'll wait for Rak's Claw  Rak to give me the heads up)) 

On 8/21/2016 at 0:33 PM, Luthim said:

"I'll keep that in mind." She said while Ceda continued the scan.

"Hmm, distortions detected. Let me clear that up for you.." Ceda said as the first results came in.

*While scanning the planet it picks up a unknown signal coming from north of the planet, it shows alot of Void Masking near key spots, to try and block the real signal, deep scans will reveal that there may be also signs of Acolytes near by*

*Due to the Earth like nature, its not too hard to pin-point, but it will require alot more stronger scans*

Edited by -Platinum-

A caramel brown liset approached the solar rail, inside it was a brown and red Titania with whatever the alt helmet is called. She quickly opened a comms channel to the rail.

"Hey there I'm Madelyn! I'm just your average Titania looking to explore and meet people and such! I don't think I got anything to declare. Well maybe one of those sentinels I have might have some unusual modifications but nothing harmful I promise!"

On August 18, 2016 at 9:10 AM, kyrozon said:

"Well that's all the info I got on that, sadly."

"There is a shade here who might be able to tell us more." The Neophyte says. "Just give me a moment." 

He hoists the book up into a hole in the ceiling and waves his hand, the ceiling appears to morph and cover the gap.

"Okay." He said. "Let's go talk to Marsis."

He heads out the door and turns towards the courtyard.