The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

2 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*While scanning the planet it picks up a unknown signal coming from north of the planet, it shows alot of Void Masking near key spots, to try and block the real signal, deep scans will reveal that there may be also signs of Acolytes near by*

*Due to the Earth like nature, its not too hard to pin-point, but it will require alot more stronger scans*

As you watch a massive power spike is detected on the same continent. Dixon opens a comm channel and says something.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The rectangle is not solid and you stumble through into a cave. The rectangle vanishes. As your eyes adjust to the light produced by the crystals you see the device one of them used sitting on a crude stone  pedestal. Two skeletons lean against the pedestal, Dakra Prime's buried in eachother's cheers.

A long tunnel leads away from this room. However it is blocked by several large rocks. The Neophyte groans and shifts. 

First thing she saw was already unsettling. It really wasn't her day. She walked to the pedestal and than felt the Neophyte shift in her arms.

"You awake?" She asked without looking down at him as she looked at the device.

The loudspeakers activate after a moment.

"Attention all Tenno." A voice says. "Possible Acolyte activity detected on the Gray Isle. Volunteers sought for search party. Two Tenno Associated with this group have gone missing and are suspected to be in the area. Approach with caution. Climate and ecosystem of this region are unknown. Base camp for exposition is being established. ETA fifteen minutes. New arrivals are encouraged to report to these coordinates."

A ship takes off, a defender class ship, and heads for the coordinates.

Edited by Rakawan

8 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

First thing she saw was already unsettling. It really wasn't her day. She walked to the pedestal and than felt the Neophyte shift in her arms.

"You awake?" She asked without looking down at him as she looked at the device.

He rolls out of your grasp and lands on his knees.

"I'm fine." He said. "Just winded. That took more than I thought. Where... Where are we?"

The device appears to be a smaller version of the relics with a small console on its front. It has two semi-circular "horns" that frame it.

Edited by Rakawan

He rolls out of your grasp and lands on his knees.

"I'm fine." He said. "Just winded. That took more than I thought. Where... Where are we?"

"Honestly I really have no idea. At first we where in some sandstorm. aftewards some guys created a rectangle that brought us here."

The loudspeakers activate after a moment.

"Attention all Tenno." A voice says. "Possible Acolyte activity detected on the Gray Isle. Volunteers sought for search party. Two Tenno with this to this grou have gone missing and are suspected to be in the area. Approach with caution. Climate and ecosystem of this region are unknown. Base camp for exposition is being established. ETA fifteen minutes. New arrivals are encouraged to report to these coordinates."

A ship takes off, a defender class ship, and heads for the coordinates.

*Zaeed looks over to Dixon* "Thats our cue?..*He grabs his stuff and powers up his frame*

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Honestly I really have no idea. At first we where in some sandstorm. aftewards some guys created a rectangle that brought us here."

"Some guy..." He says. "Sandstorm?"

The sand on the floor rises into two shapes.

"Congrats you buffoon." One says. "Now we are stuck in this tomb."

"Not stuck. Let's just take a breather. At least we aren't in that storm anymore. The device should be fine it just needs...."

The sand dissolves.

The Neiphyte approaches on of the skeletons and kneels.

"Forgive me." He says. "I will return this when I can."

He makes a strange gesture and removes the Dakra Prime. The skeleton shifts and something glowing falls from its hand. A holo-chip.

"Some guy..." He says. "Sandstorm?"

The sand on the floor rises into two shapes.

"Congrats you buffoon." One says. "Now we are stuck in this tomb."

"Not stuck. Let's just take a breather. At least we aren't in that storm anymore. The device should be fine it just needs...."

The sand dissolves.

The Neiphyte approaches on of the skeletons and kneels.

"Forgive me." He says. "I will return this when I can."

He makes a strange gesture and removes the Dakra Prime. The skeleton shifts and something glowing falls from its hand. A holo-chip.

Cyria just didn't question the shapes and kneeled down next to the holo-chip and picked it up. 

"So we are stuck in a tomb and I take you got some idea to get us out?"

4 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed looks over to Dixon* "Thats our cue?..*He grabs his stuff and powers up his frame*

Dixon grabs your arm.

"Hold on." He says. "If he truly is in the Gray Isle, then we will need help. That place is a featureless wasteland, and the ground beneath is teeming with tunnels. We need some way to scout it. Felicity said there is a scientist at the labs who is working on drones. We should talk to him."

5 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Dixon grabs your arm.

"Hold on." He says. "If he truly is in the Gray Isle, then we will need help. That place is a featureless wasteland, and the ground beneath is teeming with tunnels. We need some way to scout it. Felicity said there is a scientist at the labs who is working on drones. We should talk to him."

*He looks over* "I chuold bring some MOAs and such, if that helps? *He truns to Luna* "Are you going to assist?"

16 minutes ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria just didn't question the shapes and kneeled down next to the holo-chip and picked it up. 

"So we are stuck in a tomb and I take you got some idea to get us out?"

"No clue." He says. "I..."

The chip activates and shows a screen. You see an Orokin woman sleeping. Suddenly her eyes open and the view rocks back.

"We're you watching me sleep?" She asks.

"You looked cold." Nalik's voice says. "I was going to offer you a blanket."

"why didn't you?" She demanded. "And how dare you address me so causally. I am Orokin."

"Not anymore." Nalik says. "The Empire has fallen. The Tenno breached the last sanctuary shortly before launch."

"And you didn't tell the captain his?" The woman demands.

"And have him turn the ship around for some ill conceived rescue mission." Nalik laughed. "No I let it go. And now we are here. And I am your only way out of this tomb."

He turns his back and the woman reaches beneath her bedroll, withdrawing a long golden blade. The image glitches and you see both struggle back and forth. The image freezes and you hear two agonized cries. And then the image goes dark.

Edited by Rakawan

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"No clue." He says. "I..."

The chip activates and shows a screen. You see an Orokin woman sleeping. Suddenly her eye open and the view rocks back.

"We're you watching me sleep?" She asks.

"You looked cold." Nalik's voice says. "I was going to offer you a blanket."

"why didn't you?" She demanded. "And how dare you address me so causally. I am Orokin."

"Not anymore." Nalik says. "The Empire has fallen. The Tenno breached the last sanctuary shortly before launch."

"And you didn't tell the captain his?" The woman demands.

"And have him turn the ship around for some ill conceived rescue mission." Nalik laughed. "No I let it go. And now we are here. And I am your only way out of this tomb."

He turns his back and the woman reaches beneath her bedroll, withdrawing a long golden blade. The image clothes and you see both struggle back and forth. The image freezes and you hear two agonized cries. And then the image goes dark.

"Heh... so this became an orokin's grave..." Cyria should have guessed so much from the blades. 

She sighed, hopefully this wouldn't also become her grave. She looked around for any sign of daylight. Maybe she could use her powers to create a hole to get out off.

Just now, kyrozon said:

"Heh... so this became an orokin's grave..." Cyria should have guessed so much from the blades. 

She sighed, hopefully this wouldn't also become her grave. She looked around for any sign of daylight. Maybe she could use her powers to create a hole to get out off.

The only source of light is the strange crystals. However there is a gap between the rocks that seems to lead to a tunnel. The device on the pedestal gleams. As the Neophyte approaches it it seems to shiver and glows slightly.

The only source of light is the strange crystals. However there is a gap between the rocks that seems to lead to a tunnel. The device on the pedestal gleams. As the Neophyte approaches it it seems to shiver and glows slightly.

"So... do you got any plan or are we going to follow that tunnel?"

1 minute ago, kyrozon said:

"So... do you got any plan or are we going to follow that tunnel?"

"This..." The Neophyte says. "I have never seen anything like it."

He takes the relic and holds it. 

"Remarkable." He says. "Oh... Uhh sure. Let's see where that tunnel leads."

17 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He looks over* "I chuold bring some MOAs and such, if that helps? *He truns to Luna* "Are you going to assist?"

Dixon taps his helmet.

"Really sir?" He says. "She's where?!?. Yes this is important. I'll tell him."

"Sam's awake." He said. "The Arbiter ordered me and the rest of the trainees to accompany you in this. Sam's waiting for us with the others and a transport."

Dixon taps his helmet.

"Really sir?" He says. "She's where?!?. Yes this is important. I'll tell him."

"Sam's awake." He said. "The Arbiter ordered me and the rest of the trainees to accompany you in this. Sam's waiting for us with the others and a transport."

*He truns to Dixon, his helmet is closed but you can tells hes smiling* "Lets go, it be great to see her once more, Matrix pick up the bag, that has stuff for Sam inside it" *He sets foot* "Wait a second...Why is sam at the transport?....

*He uses his palm-holo-screen and summons some Orokin MOAs, they follow, along with a Orokin Drone*

Edited by -Platinum-

1 minute ago, -Platinum- said:

*He truns to Dixon, his helmet is closed but you can tells hes smiling* "Lets go, it be great to see her once more, Marix pick up the bag, that has stuff for Sam inside it" *He sets foot* "Wait a second...Why is sam at the transport?....

"Yeah he's here." Dixon says into his helmet. "Crying? I didn't see him cry but he was really distraught. Tell him yourself, I'm not your personal messenger pigeon."

A private channel opens originating from the hospital.

23 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"This..." The Neophyte says. "I have never seen anything like it."

He takes the relic and holds it. 

"Remarkable." He says. "Oh... Uhh sure. Let's see where that tunnel leads."

Cyria didn't question about the relic, right now she just wants to get out of here as she heads into the tunnel. Now hopefully it actually lead out of here or this would become their tomb too.

Just now, kyrozon said:

Cyria didn't question about the relic, right now she just wants to get out of here as she heads into the tunnel. Now hopefully it actually lead out of here or this would become their tomb too.

Placing a wormhole before the rocks allows you to teleport through. As you arrive on the other side a series of lights blinks off then back on and then vanishes down a side passage. You hear the click of something hard on stone several times, fading as the lights move down the side passage. There is a strange echoing call and the lights go out. Silence falls.

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You feel arms support you. Felicity helps you to a chair.

"How do you feel?" She asks. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

She appears to be holding up three fingers.

For a few moments, there is only silence as the lights on the Chroma flicker like stoked coals. Then, slowly, the Operators eyes open, irises focusing repetitively like a camera haveing it's zoom tested. A few moments of this pass and then the Operater croaks in a low hoarse tone

"Three. I. . . I think, and, you would not beleive how (wet cough) how glad I am to still be here in the same spot."

The Operater seems to strain itself  for a few moments, but, only the muscles in it's neck and face move.

"Dem. . . dem it. Of all the. . . of all the ti(wet cough) times to have to deal with this. . ."

The Operater glances down at the drone where it laid, cool and inert.

"Did it. . . did it work?"

1 minute ago, Unus said:

For a few moments, there is only silence as the lights on the Chroma flicker like stoked coals. Then, slowly, the Operators eyes open, irises focusing repetitively like a camera haveing it's zoom tested. A few moments of this pass and then the Operater croaks in a low hoarse tone

"Three. I. . . I think, and, you would not beleive how (wet cough) how glad I am to still be here in the same spot."

The Operater seems to strain itself  for a few moments, but, only the muscles in it's neck and face move.

"Dem. . . dem it. Of all the. . . of all the ti(wet cough) times to have to deal with this. . ."

The Operater glances down at the drone where it laid, cool and inert.

"Did it. . . did it work?"

"Seems to have worked." Felicity says. "We have a task for you, if you are up to it."

On 08/17/2016 at 5:39 PM, Denny2669 said:

Icarus walked over to the counter "A room for two, please" the Ember was right behind him.

-----------

Alice tilted her head the opposite way "Well, I haven't done any necromancy yet, unless you mean all the other things lord Satan taught me..."

((Reposting, in case you forgot..))

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Seems to have worked." Felicity says. "We have a task for you, if you are up to it."

The Operator portion seems to perk up a bit and it strains itself to move, this time manageing to flex its shoulders in unison with the limp Chroma, the flickering orange lights beginning to slow down across it's bulky frame.

" If you what you say is true, I'm willing and almost able for most things, short of slavery or sexual favors."

The Operator portion flexes it's shoulders a bit, this time getting a bit of motion down to the elbows on both it and the Chroma.

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

((Reposting, in case you forgot..))

"Would you like a room facing the ocean?" The young man asks. "Or one facing the Citadel?"

------

"Ahh yes." The man says. "I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Theron, Paster of Phenix."