The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verdant Refuge [Semi-Open roleplay, Revamped]

Rakawan

14 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Any idea why someone would bury one here?" He asks. "It seems..."

{insert Richard's opinion here.}

((thanks for the cue))

"They buried her here because they were dumber than Steel Meridian on Thursday."  He paused.  "Actually, no.  Having met Luc, I find that statement is actually in grievous error.  Never mind.  Point is, the Orokin were about as intelligent as the farmer who thinks that the best way to get rid of his Fluffles problem is to spray pheromones on his neighbor's crops."  His helmet collapsed to reveal that even though the reference had been intended to lighten the mood, he wasn't smiling.

He turned to Therese.  "They decided to bury Xipha.  Here.  And the walls of her prison are falling apart."

After what seems like ages, Hund finally emerges from the cargo doors. The Chroma walks with a sure stride towards the nearby tent, grabbing one of the few arms that remain half buried in the sands nearby and walking towards the nearby tent. The Operator appears gaunt, pale, but alive.

Edited by Unus

9 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Then Zaeed should've not done, the Crimes, he dies..end of story and sam, is that what her name is?, *He laughs* "Zaeed got himself a girlfriend, how pitty" 

*Dualist clears her throat loudly* "......."

"What?..." *He smirks*

"We help her, nothing more, if you have a issue with it, attack us, see what happens" *He Sighs*

"And then there's Richard." Sai'ah says. "And someone else.... who am I forgetting."

She snaps her fingers.

"That's right." She says, her skin melting back into the armor. "ME."

She points at Duelist. 

"Ask her what I'm like when I'm unhappy." She says. "Ask her just what you are up against."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"And then there's Richard." Sai'ah says. "And someone else.... who am I forgetting."

She snaps her fingers.

"That's right." She says, her skin melting back into the armor. "ME."

She points at Duelist. 

"Ask her what I'm like when I'm unhappy." She says. "Ask her just what you are up against."

*She looks over* "Don't, its not...wroth it"

*He Walks over and holds her* "What did you do!, to her!" *He holds her firmly*

"I do not care, Me, My Boss and Duality, are hard to kill dear, and Im sure our new freind won't even blink at your "power" *He Chuckles* 

38 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

((thanks for the cue))

"They buried her here because they were dumber than Steel Meridian on Thursday."  He paused.  "Actually, no.  Having met Luc, I find that statement is actually in grievous error.  Never mind.  Point is, the Orokin were about as intelligent as the farmer who thinks that the best way to get rid of his Fluffles problem is to spray pheromones on his neighbor's crops."  His helmet collapsed to reveal that even though the reference had been intended to lighten the mood, he wasn't smiling.

He turned to Therese.  "They decided to bury Xipha.  Here.  And the walls of her prison are falling apart."

Therese maintained the neutral face, but judging by the cold vibes going from her direction, she did not appreciate the jokes.

"So what we have to do is to find the way to the cave from where the synths come, to burn, shoot, stab, and pulverize any opposition, and to tickle this bot's core with our void powers before it manages to escape" She shrugged "Alternatively, we may test our humor on it. I doubt this thing would endure long" she looked at Rhichard after ending her speech.

Edited by Teloch

34 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She looks over* "Don't, its not...wroth it"

*He Walks over and holds her* "What did you do!, to her!" *He holds her firmly*

"I do not care, Me, My Boss and Duality, are hard to kill dear, and Im sure our new freind won't even blink at your "power" *He Chuckles* 

Sai'ah examines her fingers, wicked claws growing from them.

"We had a chat." She said. "And she saw what I'm like when I don't feel like blending in anymore."

She looks at you.

"You have until the storm dies to surrender." She says, tossing a small device at your feet. "I tried to warn you. IF you don't... YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BAD TIME."

Her body dissolves into hundreds of skittering THINGS that swarm out the door.

48 minutes ago, Unus said:

After what seems like ages, Hund finally emerges from the cargo doors. The Chroma walks with a sure stride towards the nearby tent, grabbing one of the few arms that remain half buried in the sands nearby and walking towards the nearby tent. The Operator appears gaunt, pale, but alive.

Laura and Philip, a Valkyr and Excalibur respectively, stand outside your tent. They are both holding strange relics and trying to pry them open.

3 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Melanie pays the bill and looks at Alice.

"So what made you take up business?" She asks. "Most Tenno seem more interested in blood and gore, than numbers and dishes."

Alice turned around, retracting the upper part of her helmet to reveal violet eyes and some stray white hair.

"Look around you sweetie, this IS blood and gore! Minus the screams of agony - which I miss." She got back to her work and started hacking away at what seemed to be a Sand Skate.

"But spreading... *hack* the joy... *hack* I have from slicing... *hack* shredding... *hack* ripping... *hack* tearing~ *hack*..." She continued to list out disturbing actions for about 9 more hacks "... somethings (or someones) insides so others can eat it... *hack* is something to keep me from becoming antisocial, y'know? *hack*."

"Uh, did anybody even order a Sand Bag?"

25 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Therese maintained the neutral face, but judging by the cold vibes going from her direction, she did not appreciate the jokes.

"So what we have to do is to find the way to the cave from where the synths come, to burn, shoot, stab, and pulverize any opposition, and to tickle this bot's core with our void powers before it manages to escape" She shrugged "Alternatively, we may test our humor on it. I doubt this thing would endure long" she looked at Rhichard after ending her speech.

Richard looked at Jas sideways and gestured to Therese.  "Is she for real?"

He flexed his shoulders, and his Warframe unfolded and refolded around him in a wave.  No longer in a Zephyr, he now stood clad in a Feyarch Oberon, sans the Markhor helm that was presumably still folded neatly into the neck area.  He motioned for the Saryn Prime who had landed with him to come closer.  "This is Mara.  She's here to help me with a small project.  I assume Ryoko has taken the liberty of moving the teleport receiver from our ground Dojo to this compound?"

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Richard looked at Jas sideways and gestured to Therese.  "Is she for real?"

He flexed his shoulders, and his Warframe unfolded and refolded around him in a wave.  No longer in a Zephyr, he now stood clad in a Feyarch Oberon, sans the Markhor helm that was presumably still folded neatly into the neck area.  He motioned for the Saryn Prime who had landed with him to come closer.  "This is Mara.  She's here to help me with a small project.  I assume Ryoko has taken the liberty of moving the teleport receiver from our ground Dojo to this compound?"

Ryoko walks in holding the shreds of... something.

"Did, tried." He said. "We won't be getting supplies that way."

He sighs and tosses the parts into a bin.

"And I'd just formaed it." He says. "So why are there Sentient swarming around this eldritch desert?"

On 8/26/2016 at 6:10 PM, Rakawan said:

Ryoko walks in holding the shreds of... something.

"Did, tried." He said. "We won't be getting supplies that way."

He sighs and tosses the parts into a bin.

"And I'd just formaed it." He says. "So why are there Sentient swarming around this eldritch desert?"

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a bad time for more bad news, but guess what, kids?" Richard said brightly.  "It's not that kind of day!"  He clapped his hands together.

"Arbiter Ryoko, meet Mara.  Mara, meet Ryoko.  As for outside the tent: Daughter of Hunhow, meet the Tenno your sister decided not to kill.  Tenno, you remember Xipha, right?  You kids play nice, now."  Not waiting for a reaction, he walked out the way Ryoko had come in, looking for the chemists (and silently praying that there were some here).  He needed to find some axyl chloride and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

Edited by Yzjdriel

"Alright! I am ready to examine our local reclaimed relics."

The Chroma stands stock-straight with arms crossed and practically radiates the appearence of nobility as it walks towards the individuals at work. The orange lights on it's body appear to have changed to a blueish shade of purple.

"Show me what tools of the Old Empire you have stumbled across Tenno."

Edited by Unus

1 hour ago, Unus said:

"Alright! I am ready to examine our local reclaimed relics."

The Chroma stands stock-straight with arms crossed and practically radiates the appearence of nobility as it walks towards the individuals at work. The orange lights on it's body appear to have changed to a blueish shade of purple.

"Show me what tools of the Old Empire you have stumbled across Tenno."

Philip hands you the relic he has.

"Can you open this?" He asks. "Because I cannot seem to."

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is a bad time for more bad news, but guess what, kids?" Richard said brightly.  "It's not that kind of day!"  He clapped his hands together.

"Arbiter, Ryoko, meet Mara.  Mara, meet Ryoko.  As for outside the tent: Daughter of Hunhow, meet the Tenno your sister decided not to kill.  Tenno, you remember Xipha, right?  You kids play nice, now."  Not waiting for a reaction, he walked out the way Ryoko had come in, looking for the chemists (and silently praying that there were some here).  He needed to find some axyl chloride and a bottle of rubbing alcohol.

"Mara." Ryoko says. "Well Mara, care to elaborate on what Richard said?"

4 hours ago, Denny2669 said:

Alice turned around, retracting the upper part of her helmet to reveal violet eyes and some stray white hair.

"Look around you sweetie, this IS blood and gore! Minus the screams of agony - which I miss." She got back to her work and started hacking away at what seemed to be a Sand Skate.

"But spreading... *hack* the joy... *hack* I have from slicing... *hack* shredding... *hack* ripping... *hack* tearing~ *hack*..." She continued to list out disturbing actions for about 9 more hacks "... somethings (or someones) insides so others can eat it... *hack* is something to keep me from becoming antisocial, y'know? *hack*."

"Uh, did anybody even order a Sand Bag?"

"To each their own." Melanie says. "But don't Tenno get to do those things, with screams of agony, to the Grineer often? Granted no one eats it. But I've heard many Tenno talk about, and compare, 'ludicrous gibs'."

Edited by Rakawan

The Chroma eyeballs the crusty looking ball, carefully turning it over in it's hands as though reviewing a sculpture. Suddenly, it chuckles for a few moments and reaches for the Operator on the back. The Operator mumbles something to the Chroma as it is lifted into the air . . . and the Chroma seems to respond back in an amused tone. Holding the Operator's hands in each of it's giant own, the Chroma claps them around both sides and turns away from the openers.

"This should take only a few moments Tenno, the poor thing has been neglected for so long. . ."

The Chroma speaks in a strange manner, as if deep underwater, resurfacing occasionally in full clarity before fadeing back down in volume and intensity. Suddenly, the maw of the Chroma sparks with energy, and, after a few moments, the roaring cry of an emitted Spectral Scream is heard and the Chroma emits a barrage of lightning onto the crusty cube. The Operator clearly looks extremely uncomfortable, but, the Chroma continues the blast all the same. After a few moments, the relic appears to catch blue fire and the Chroma halts it's ability as the object leaves it's grasp and floats quietly burning and crackling a few inches from it, the Operator muttering something repetitively as the Chroma grasps it by the armpits, and dumps it nonchalantly into the harness on the back.

"Give it a few moments for the discharge to fade before grasping it and this tiny fellow should offer you whatever she has within. Just be ready to stand clear for the disgorgement process, we used to have these little numbers carry anything from pre-constructed buildings to small items of value!"

The Operator groans slightly, only for the Chroma to make a hushing sound and pat it on the head.

10 hours ago, kyrozon said:

Cyria walks down the hallway. Letting the lighting guide her. Maybe there would be a map there. 

Fell was just looking at the walls. Part of him found it weird walking among orokin structures again.

((Repostin'))

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Sai'ah examines her fingers, wicked claws growing from them.

"We had a chat." She said. "And she saw what I'm like when I don't feel like blending in anymore."

She looks at you.

"You have until the storm dies to surrender." She says, tossing a small device at your feet. "I tried to warn you. IF you don't... YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BAD TIME."

Her body dissolves into hundreds of skittering THINGS that swarm out the door.

*Laughs as froms away* "She does  not scare me with her Infested growth" *He truns to Xipha* "I'm unsure what she is, looks like something from a comic book, I give you that much, tho I'm sure I heard about these "Nemsis" things before, but I am unsure" *He sighs* "I'll do some research, while the storm blows over, see what I can learn"

*Dualist smiplely just walks out the room with Legion, still shaken up from the experience, they both go into a small room*

*Duality leans back* "Well, that was a nice show, Unsure myself, you not kown what she was? *She tumb-points to the door* "Looked like, some sort of Infested Warframe, mixed with Inaors" *She chuckles* "I've seen a few bare that armor, but they are mostly cosplays, this seems real" 

On 8/26/2016 at 7:33 PM, Rakawan said:

"Mara." Ryoko says. "Well Mara, care to elaborate on what Richard said?"

Mara took a deep breath.  "When we first came here, we thought this world was a haven.  We were wrong.  The Sentient Lord Xipha is buried beneath the soil.  The Leylines that conduct Void energy through the planet, the ones the Oro-Keepers have been using to teleport?  Those form the physical bars of her prison.  They're running out of energy, and she's breaking free.  We need at least one of the Obelisks to recharge the Leylines, but if she breaks out before we can reseal her, we're in for a rather nasty fight."

She'd raced to the rail as fast as she could.  I hope it's not too late...

She transmitted her data and indicated that she would be heading to the Grey Isle to meet Richard immediately.

"Any additional information on the situation, Simon?" she asked while the Rail spun up.

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 4:20 AM, Rakawan said:

"To each their own." Melanie says. "But don't Tenno get to do those things, with screams of agony, to the Grineer often? Granted no one eats it. But I've heard many Tenno talk about, and compare, 'ludicrous gibs'."

"Oh, I love comparing ludicrous gibs! Although, there's only so many flesh ornaments you can do..." Alice says.

Edited by Denny2669